“Family Get-A-Way”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Family Get-A-Way”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Although this was a last minute decision, we had a blast and we will probably do it again. The Casablanca is an older resort and it could certainly use some updating. The rooms were clean, but dated. The Casino was not huge, but adequate. The on site restaurants were what you' expect, but the restaurant service was not great. The food was the same as the service.

Our favorite part as a family was the pool and sand volleyball. We had a great time soaking up the sun and playing. They have a small water slide that the kids enjoyed. The hot tub was warm, but needed to be 3 times as big or have multiple hot tubs.

I enjoyed the spa and massage. Again, everything was little dated, but overall a decent value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Los Altos, California
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I know you've herd things like its a little long in the tooth. That may be true but this property Rocks. Service and attitude is helpful in what I would consider at least a 4 star property. I'm paying $69.00 dollars a night plus a
$4.99 resort fee that allowed me and a friend to use all the amenities at the Spa. This is the best deal in Nevada by far. Our beds were comfortable and the rooms were big . Oh and by the way the food at the 24 hour Diner was actually really good. I. would never even comment on a coffeehouse but this was good quality food.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kratour
Las Vegas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here overnight for a business trip. Price was reasonable and not high dollar. Lots to do here - casino, golf, spa, pool, eat and drinks at the lounge. Staff was friendly at check-in and very helpful when asked about a late checkout. Rooms were clean, bathrooms clean and good size. Would definitely stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here in September, 2013. I have not stayed in all of the casinos in Mesquite but the Casablanca impressed. Friendly staff, good location, comfy rooms, attractive property, & a good layout for a reasonable price. The Mesa Grille inside offers a tasty breakfast for a low price.

Room Tip: ask for one that is not 1/4 mile from the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and were traveling to CA, we wanted to do some gaming. This place was great! The staff from the hotel, casino and restaurant were courteous. Rooms were clean and large, AC worked well. The casino was not huge, but we didn't want to walk miles to everything. There was entertainment in the lounge. Restaurant had a menu to fit any taste. Food was good. Relaxing time and the ages were varied from young to seniors. Nice not to have to put up with the crowds of Vegas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank deb2@hotmail.co... L
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2013

First I will say that if you are just interested in a clean room, casino, and pool, this place is fine. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the food was good and reasonably priced. I didn't make it to the pool, but it looked nice. However, we were staying here as part of a family function and ran into several problems. First, as we have an infant, we called to be sure that there would be a crib and refrigerator available. We were told that the crib would be available, but it would be an extra $10 a day to rent a fridge. We decided to bring a cooler instead. Upon checking in, there was a fridge. Great, but it makes me think that they were just trying to squeeze more money from us for no reason. Then they told us they were out of cribs, and would not have any for the duration of our stay. I realize he could sleep on the bed, but I didn't sleep very well worrying that my recently mobile child would manage to find a way to fall off of the bed before we could get to him. Furthermore, don't promise me something you can't deliver. If we knew beforehand we could have made other arrangements. The management in the cafe were very rude when we tried to get a large table for our family. I also didn't appreciate having to pay $10 a day for Internet access. If we were just vacationing I probably wouldn't have cared, but since we were here for a family function, I needed access for work. They also charge a $5 a day fee for access to the pool and spa, regardless of whether you use it. More nickel and dime tactics. Why not just charge $5 more per night for the room rate? Maybe I just expected too much since I don't generally choose casino resorts, but if you stay here and have any special requests, expect them to go unfulfilled.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DSL222
Idyllwild, California
Reviewed October 2, 2013

If you're looking for a place to relax, do some gaming, without the hustle of Vegas the extra hour drive to Mesquite and the Casablanca is well worth the effort ! You won't find the BIG named entertainment, or star studded glitz, but the rooms, pool, golf, and price make up for sin city differences .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family