“Great place without the crowds!”

CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Duluth, Minnesota
“Great place without the crowds!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and were traveling to CA, we wanted to do some gaming. This place was great! The staff from the hotel, casino and restaurant were courteous. Rooms were clean and large, AC worked well. The casino was not huge, but we didn't want to walk miles to everything. There was entertainment in the lounge. Restaurant had a menu to fit any taste. Food was good. Relaxing time and the ages were varied from young to seniors. Nice not to have to put up with the crowds of Vegas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank deb2@hotmail.co... L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2013

First I will say that if you are just interested in a clean room, casino, and pool, this place is fine. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the food was good and reasonably priced. I didn't make it to the pool, but it looked nice. However, we were staying here as part of a family function and ran into several problems. First, as we have an infant, we called to be sure that there would be a crib and refrigerator available. We were told that the crib would be available, but it would be an extra $10 a day to rent a fridge. We decided to bring a cooler instead. Upon checking in, there was a fridge. Great, but it makes me think that they were just trying to squeeze more money from us for no reason. Then they told us they were out of cribs, and would not have any for the duration of our stay. I realize he could sleep on the bed, but I didn't sleep very well worrying that my recently mobile child would manage to find a way to fall off of the bed before we could get to him. Furthermore, don't promise me something you can't deliver. If we knew beforehand we could have made other arrangements. The management in the cafe were very rude when we tried to get a large table for our family. I also didn't appreciate having to pay $10 a day for Internet access. If we were just vacationing I probably wouldn't have cared, but since we were here for a family function, I needed access for work. They also charge a $5 a day fee for access to the pool and spa, regardless of whether you use it. More nickel and dime tactics. Why not just charge $5 more per night for the room rate? Maybe I just expected too much since I don't generally choose casino resorts, but if you stay here and have any special requests, expect them to go unfulfilled.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DSL222
Idyllwild, California
Reviewed October 2, 2013

If you're looking for a place to relax, do some gaming, without the hustle of Vegas the extra hour drive to Mesquite and the Casablanca is well worth the effort ! You won't find the BIG named entertainment, or star studded glitz, but the rooms, pool, golf, and price make up for sin city differences .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Idyllwild, California
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Was very impressed with the Casablanca. Staff was friendly. Room was large and clean. We had dinner in the Café and the food was very good, with a variety of choices at decent prices. We returned for breakfast and that was very good., Casino was not jam packed and relatively smoke free. They had live entertainment, which was very good (no add'l charge). It was located right off the I-15. They have a beautifully landscaped pool, the water as a little too cool for us, but very relaxing. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annamarie P
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after a long motorcycle ride. We were passing through on our way to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. We did not use the casino, spa or do golfing. It was a beautiful property from the outside, however, the inside was from the 1980's. The tub/shower was deep, the water was either way too hot or way too cold! I would suggest staying somewhere else.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank XNAGirl
Port Huene
Reviewed September 7, 2013

It was terrible! We found bed bugs in the room!! We told the hotel staff about it and they didn't seem to care at all. They gave me a new room and never once said "I'm sorry". I called to speak with a manager and no one called me back. The new room was in terrible condition. The beds were hard as rock, the sheets had stains, the shower head leaked, and the the wall paper was tearing from water damage. I will not be returning here until I know these issued have been resolved fully.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Colby D

Travelers are raving about these Mesquite hotels

Seminole, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Casablanca was clean and comfortable. Our two queen bed room was fairly large (no king beds), and the bath was spacious. However, I must say, I haven't seen a tube style TV in a while, but then we weren't there to watch television. Our favorite amenity was the outdoor pool; large and sparkling clean. The property is well-staffed, everyone was prompt and helpful.

We also enjoyed the Illy coffee shop. Great coffee. The restaurant offered as good of quality food as most of the buffets in Vegas and possibly better than some. My husband had the prime rib and it was surprisingly very good; a nice thick-cut cooked perfectly. Breakfast was very inexpensive though a little on the greasy side.

If you are traveling with children the pool has a nice water-slide and there is a small game room just outside the restaurant.

They have a beautiful golf course and a very nice spa; the services offered are very reasonably priced.

In a nut shell - The property is aged, but for $60 on a week night it is still a great value.

Just my opinion... the property should spend a little less on print and television advertisement and start upgrading their guest room amenities and carpets.

Room Tip: If walking is an issue, ask for a room near the elevator.