“Almost an oasis " )”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
South Jordan, Utah
“Almost an oasis " )”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We went in a big group (8 adults and 6 kids) and this place served us so well ! The rooms can be combined and the hotel crew seemed to guessed what our needs were. One of our few complaints is the water of the (fun !) swimming pool.... soooo salty ! But the gardens and the food and how convenient the price was plus the hotel crew good manners...made it all worth it.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay in without kids...ask for a room away from rooms with kids. Usually the rul...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We've been a loyal guest for 15 years at the Casa Blanca. We stayed there again last week and I left realizing it's time to give up. Bottom line they just don't seem to get it or care if customers want to be loyal to them. We gamble pretty heavily there but the slots have become so tight that your lucky if you can last an hour. On a visit 6 months ago we hit a machine pretty well but of course it's now gone. Stick to video poker and you may last for a while.
Their comp program has turned into a joke. You used to call and they at least had you on file and treated you like you'd been there before (not much better than that). Now they start from scratch each time and treat you like you're a first time customer. After losing hundreds of dollars and gambling thousands, we ended up with enough points to buy a breakfast.
The hotel rooms are getting pretty bad too as others have commented. You about role out of the beds with butt depressions next to the phone. The bathrooms are marginal.
The hotel help is decent and probably trying the best they can but it's an obvious management decision to run on a shoe string.
They've had financial issues and it's starting to wear on those of us that have stuck by them over the years.
The buffet is only open on the weekends if that tells you anything. Your stuck with the coffee shop or upscale Katherines.
I'm ready to try the Eureka and give them my business.
It's sad because we have had some really fun times there in the past.
Just don't know what else to do other than rate them like I see it and hope they can get their act together and let us know that we are important to them.
We also spent two nights in Vegas at an upscale hotel that has comped us for a couple of years now and gives us plenty of free stuff. They make you feel like you mean something to them. They even sent a survey afterwards to see what we thought. I guess that's the other reason I wrote this review, never expect Casa Blanca to ask me what they could do better...

Room Tip: Good luck??? The halls are endless so ask for a room near elevators. Elevators are the best I'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jake2123

Travelers are raving about these Mesquite hotels

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

First of all I would like to say that we didn't stay at the Casablanca. On October 15, 2012, my wife and I stopped for breakfast in the coffee shop and then walk through the casino. One of our favourite machines is called "Money Storm" and we were pleased to find two in a bank of slot machines. I played one of the machines and got a Money Storm bonus which entitles me to several free spins fairly quickly. The machine indicated that I was to receive 15 free spins and three bonus spins. 18 spins all together. Well after three spins the machine stopped the bonus feature and returned to normal play. I called over a slot machine attendant, who then called the Slot Supervisor on duty. I asked her to open the machine and replay the last few screens so that I could show them the free spins that I was still entitled to receive. Unfortunately the Bonus screen didn't come up when the machine was opened. When I went to the casino cashier I complained about my bad luck. I was told to go to talk to the Casino Manager and explain. After a few moments I was talking to the Manager on duty. I asked him to check the 'eye in the sky' cameras as one was just above the machine I was playing. He tapped danced around by saying that the camera may not have been aiming at the machine I was playing. I told him I understand that and asked him to check to see what the camera showed. If this was a busy Saturday night I would understand if he said he couldn't, but this was at around 9:00 AM Monday morning and the place wasn't busy at all. The Casino Manager did ask me if I wanted the number to the Nevada Gaming Commission and they could come and investigate. I thought that was a bit extreme, but in hind sight I probably should have. I also mentioned my adventure to other Pit Bosses in other Hotels in Mesquite and in Las Vegas. I was told that I was treated badly by the Casablanca on a Customer Service basis. Each other Pit Boss would have 'comped' me a nice dinner at least to maintain good Customer Service.

On Tuesday when we got to Vegas, I did call the Gaming Commission and spoke to an agent and he told me that if it happens again in any Nevada Casino to call right away and the Casino in question has to shut the machine down and they will investigate. So now I know and perhaps with my comments here someone else that reads this might know what to do if it happens again.

6 Thank hhenry57
Casper, WY
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We travel through Mesquite quite often. We stayed at the Casablanca October 31, 2012. We had never stayed there before. I booked the room online several days in advance. When we checked in they ran our credit card and ID then asked us to sign this agreement. There was an additional $50.00 charge. When I asked the clerk what the $50.00 was for she said it was a deposit on the room, in case there were any additional charges on the room or any damage to the room. To say I was offended was an understatement. I said that I wanted to cancel my reservations, to which she said we'd be charged for the room anyway because they had a 24 hour cancellation policy. So we stayed there. The bed was uncomfortable and the bathtub faucet leaked. We went to the Fez to have dinner, after we got our food, there was a cockroach running up and down the wall and then up on the table. The next morning when we were ready to leave I called the front desk for someone to come and inspect the room, the clerk asked why and I explained that I was charged a $50.00 deposit and I wanted to make sure that they knew our room was fine, she said they didn't do inspections. The $50.00 charge was on my credit card statement the next day!!!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, don't stay at the Casablanca!
2 Thank elkodj
Beverly Hills
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I spent a couple of nights in Mesquite while on a golf outing and thought the Casablanca was a great place to locate ourselves. In the middle of some fabulous golf courses and gambling to boot.
It doesn't have the posh or glitz of the Vegas hotels but the staff was very friendly and helpful. Starbucks in the lobby!

Room Tip: I think all the room are exactly the same. Maybe overlooking the pool is nicer?
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kimberling City
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable - but nothing exciting. However, Katherine's restaurant was outstanding. The food and the service were both outstanding and we enjoyed the dining experience immensely!