“what a dump”

Covered Wagon Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lovelock
Covered Wagon Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lovelock
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Beside the rooms having a smell that can't be put in words, After checking my bank account after my trip the jerk (Rick the owner ) ripped me off for an additional 400.00. Called back to see why the additional charges ? He denied everything and refused to accept any calls. Stopped by in person a month later, he just laughed and said what are you going to do about it , Stay away from this ---- hole or just pay with cash .Just stay at Sturgeons and save the hassles.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Iris R

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I made reservations over the phone. The owner assured me someone would be there on my arrival. between 2a-3a, which I paid $20 extra for. I asked that I have a microwave & refrigerator. I arrived @2:30a. I had to wait for someone to meet me who arrived 1:45 mins later. When I started to fill out the paper work, he charged me almost $90, that's $30 more than I was quoted. I didn't know the area so I took it. When I got into my room, it smelt BAD!! Moldy, musky, Just Bad!! There was no refrigerator & when I asked the male receptionist for it, he said I had to pay $45 more per night. The only good thing about this motel was that it was right next to the grocery store & court house. Otherwise, this is one place I would say... STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Sturgeons is just down the road, cheaper, cleaner, & has slot machines & a restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Maile74
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place should be shut down. The management is terrible, the rooms smell so bad it made us sick. There is no hot water. It made our skin crawl. I have never seen such a filthy place in my life and they actually charge for these rooms!! Someone really needs to call the health department on them and shut them down. I hope someone will see this post and not make the same mistake we made by staying there.

Room Tip: Rooms at a different motel are much better
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djsorceress
Reviewed May 29, 2012

bad smell not clean water damage on floor carpet smell like chemicals

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Put my family up here when I was moving. I was horrified. The non smoking room was "okay" but VERY expensive - should charge at Motel 6 rates. The smoking room was dirty, smelly and sleeping on the floor of my house would have been better!!! Yuck!!! And I'm not very picky. You needed a hot shower after staying there, or even visiting and believe me NOT a shower in that room!!!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Joyce T
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The hotel was seedy. The carpet and tiles were dirty and had cigarette burns. The sheets were stained and I don't think the coverlet had been washed. The mattress sagged in the middle and the pillows were flat. The room smelled musty. I was too disgusted to take a shower. I paid $72 and wished I would have just slept in my car.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mo3P
Reviewed September 6, 2011

we arrived late and went to this motel after seeing the billboard on the side of the highway. the proprieter said there was only one room left though it was clear most of them were available, and charged us 50% more, as it turns out, than the going rate in town for a room. THe room looked and smelled awful, the carpet was stained in multiple places, the bathroom was dirty, the air conditioner was loud, and the television looked like it was about to fall on us. The sturgeon's hotel half a mile east is far nicer and far cheaper. but we were too tired to go elsewhere, and so another win for the proprieter.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends