“Food? Excellent. Service? Terrible ”

Casa Serrano of Laughlin
Ranked #27 of 86 Restaurants in Laughlin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Laughlin, Nevada
“Food? Excellent. Service? Terrible ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Went last night to eat at Casa Serrano. It took about 10 minutes for somebody to finally get our drinks. We ate all of our chips & salsa before our drinks even arrived. She dropped off our drinks and walked away.
About 6 minutes later she came back and just stood at the side of our table with her notepad, didn't say a word, just stood there waiting for us to speak. She could've asked how we were doing or ask what may I get for you, instead she just stared at us.
We ordered the Mexican pizza as an appitizer which was delicious. Later on our food arrived and she just dropped it off and walked away, didn't asked if we needed anything else so I had to yell EXCUSE ME for her to come back and ask for sour cream. She put down the sour cream visibly annoyed. She never came back to check on us or how our food was. Later on she just dropped off the bill and walked away even though we were planning on getting dessert. She didn't bother to ask. Worse service I've had in a while.

2 Thank asdfghjkl11

Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We have been going to Casa Serrano for the last 3 years, the service have been sub par, but this year was the worst. Because we go to the lake with lots of family, our parties are usually large. This year we had a party of 16, we were seated in a timely manner, but once we were seated no one came to our table for 15 minutes, I finally stopped a waiter and asked who was assigned to our table. The waitress came over with an attitude and said she would be back. The restaurant was not crowded, it was a Thursday night ,she proceeded to take our drink orders with an attitude and forgot to get the order of one member of our party, needless to say there are many other restaurants in Laughlin and we left.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Charmaine B
Forney, Texas
“Water with your nachos and quesadillas?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Previously I gave Casa Serrano an excellent review. We have visited a couple of times since then. Food was ok, so I thought it was just a bad day. Our last visit on June 19th around 2:00. Service was good and so were the chips & hot sauce. My husband and I decided to give them another chance since food quality seemed to be hit or miss. I ordered the nachos with chicken, which I had ordered there before. The nachos I received on this visit did not even resemble the appetizer I had received previously. First of all.....the entire platter of nachos were covered in onions. When I say covered, I mean covered, with what appeared to be an entire onion. Upon further inspection there was water on the bottom of my plate. The chicken that was on my nachos appeared to be shredded chicken that had been simmered in liquid. I guess they used a spoon to ladle it over the chips. So ultimately what I received was a hot, watery, soggy mess covered (I do mean covered) in onions. On the other hand, my husband ordered the chicken quesadilla. On the up side.....his was not covered (and I do mean covered) in onions. On the down side, they did use the same water soaked chicken. His quesadilla was not crisp on the outside, also a soggy hot mess. We have eaten there many occasions, but because of the last visit, we will not be back. It's hit or miss. Crazy good or crazy bad. However, our last visit was crazy bad!!! Would not recommend them now.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Rhonda777
Spokane, Washington
“Food good service bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Tostada was Excellent, service not so good. Had to ask 3 times for our chips and several tables that came in after us got theirs before us. Service was pretty slow. Waiter did not appear to really listen to what you ordered. In addition to the chips I had asked for a different salsa which was totally ignored when he brought the usual one. We wanted desert since it was my birthday, the waiter didn't ask and brought our check. At the point we just gave up, figuring we saved a few hundred calories. You do get smoke odor drifting from the hall which is supposed to be non smoking now.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank WarmerPlaces
Riverside, California
“Good place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Good place to eat if you enjoy Mexican food. Staff were friendly. We ordered the fajitas and tacos del rio. They were awesome.

Visited June 2014