“Ramada express Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
England
“Ramada express Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2006

visited Laughlin for the 1st time last October from We stayed at the Ramada. Chosen through the reviews read here on trip advisor.
We spent 5 very pleasant days here, the rooms were
clean and pleasntly furnished,staff were very friendly and could all speak good english( a big change from Vegas)
The casino was just about the right size I would say not to large and overwelmimg like the Vegas ones and not to small and cramped like the pioneer.
The meals in the cafe and buffet were excellent, the only down side was we did,nt enjoy our meals in the italian or the mexican restaurants but that could be just down to our own particular taste and not a reflection on the quality.
I would recomend this hotel to anyone coming to Laughlin, if they like good old fashioned service and courtesy, not for families I would have thought or for young people looking for a Vegas experience.
Personally After visiting Vegas 2 twice before I'll be giving it a miss in future and going straight to laughlin

• Stayed October 2005
13 Thank isobeloffife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2006

Okay a lot of people don't believe but my sister and I stayed at the Express for one night. The room was pretty run down and no amenities at all - not even a clock in the room. Worst of all we experienced ghosts at night walking past our beds. Both of us at different times and didn't talk about it until we were checking out and two guys behind us were talking about the same thing. We aren't all crazy! It was very, very eerie. We will never stay there again.

17 Thank beckykh

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2006

Just got back from Laughlin last night. It was my first time there, and though I'm not much of a gambler, I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately we didn't realize we were arriving on a long weekend, nor that the Laughlin Desert Challenge was taking place, so the whole town was crammed full of travellers which made it difficult to get around. As far as casinos, I found the Ramada kind of cramped, but got used to it as the days went on. Also there were huge line-ups at the restaurants at meal times. Rooms were okay - but no extra blankets or pillows. AND NOTE: when they hand you your keys, you will see that you're either in the Promenade Tower or the Casino Tower - unfortunately that's not helpful because they haven't changed their signs yet - so if you're in the Promenade, you're really in the West Tower. It's a bit of a walk so could be difficult for folks that don't get around to quickly or easily.

• Stayed January 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Grizzlygrll68
San Diego, Ca.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2005

The rooms are clean, but the mattress is horribly cheap for sleeping on. Felt like one from a cheap motel. There are some basic things missing in the room: No hair dryer, no iron, no clock, etc.! They must be cheap, cheap, cheap, at Ramada. The pool looked nice, but we couldn't use it as they don't allow children until after 11:00 which just happens to be checkout time, who ever heard of such a thing#! The train ride was fun for the kids and they got a great deal on giant frozen yogurt cones from some nice old ladies.

Be wary of some creepy guys living in the RV parking lot out back, kind of scary!

Overall a good place to lay your head for "cheap", just don't expect much. Couldn't wait to move on to Vegas.

4 Thank beachnut2
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2005

I am a local visitor and player at the Ramada Express in Laughlin. Rooms have always been neat and clean. My stays are sometimes complimentary. I have never had a room with stinky smoke smell (I'm sure some may exist depending on your reaction to tobacco smoke), bad pillows, showers that don't spray hard enough or other nit-picky problems. Security is fine inside and out. For food my choice has been the buffet, while not spectacular it is excellent value for the price. My girlfirend has tried the Mexican restaurant with very favorable reports. The casino is constantly updated, drink servers are friendly, at times it does seem like one wonders "did the server forget this area?" I would consider this a "nit-picky problem". The men's bathrooms on the casino floor are always clean, a BIG plus. If I win, I had a good time, if i loose, I had a good time. I just checked the room reservations via internet and found them to be reasonable. So...all things considered I find the Ramada a friendly hotel and casino, and yes, I have paid for rooms and meals, not all my visits are comps, I am sort of a tight-wad gambler. Check out their players card reward schedule, in my opinion it's quite fair. Remember, if you're looking for a problem you will find one. I find lots of 'em - in retrospect most are invented.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Marina Del Rey, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2005

To begin with, our reservation was slightly messed up from Expedia.com, but we later came to find out that the reservationist at the hotel messed it up. She had booked only one night instead of the two nights that we had paid for. The clerk at the counter had coke bottle glasses on and still needed a magnifying glass to read my drivers license, and, he still got the name wrong as well. Upon discovering that we did not have a room for Friday night, only Saturday, the clerk was insisting that he could do nothing, even though I had brought all the confirmation numbers and paperwork with me. He said "Call Expedia", which I did and got disconnected. He smurked and said "Yes, that's what happens with them". I then asked to see a supervisor to which he replied that she could not do any better than he did. Just as I was about ready to make a scene, the supervisor came by and got involved. She, fortunately, was in fact able to help me. RULE #1: ALWAYS TAKE YOUR PAPERWORK WITH YOU FOR PROOF. I had requested a non-smoking room and the supervisor said that she could not guarantee it and had no way of knowing (hmmm...very strange). Our room stunk like an old tavern. Exactly what you need after being in a casino all night. She did, however, get us squared away and apologized for the mix up.

The cafe there was terrible. Your safest bet: eggs, sunny side up. It's kind of hard to screw that up, although the hash browns (actually they're yellow) look like a pad to polish your car with. Don't bother with any "meat" as it's simply called. The ham sucks. And don't expect anything posh like a chicken or turkey sausage, all you get are "links". Stay away from the orange juice too, it was so watered down. Your urine is probably darker in color.

This is truly Hillbilly Heaven. There isn't much to do there. It's a very old crowd as well. Some of the bartenders were really nice, others seemed like they were on drugs and totally oblivious to the needs of the patrons. We drove to Vegas on Saturday and Sunday just to get out of town and eat some real food and have some real fun.

We will never stay there, or in Laughlin for that matter, again. Not my kind of town, or place, and not worth what we paid at all. Our bill for two nights, for a nice (smoke smelly) room was around $ 219. Can you say "Rip-Off"?

9 Thank Anhonestmember
Valparaiso
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2005

We stayed at the Ramada Express in Laughlin,NV. the third week in October,2005.
The rooms were reasonably clean except in the bathroom where I pointed out a large area on a wall to house keeping where some one had spilled coffee or pop. We were there five nights and it never did get cleaned.
The food at the buffet was average in taste but there was little variety as the same food was served every day. The dinning room was very small for such a large hotel as was the swimming pool area.
On our forth night we had young adults in the room next door start to party about midnight,after calling security twice they finally quieted down. I requested a different room for our last night and the shift manager advised she would upgrade us because of the loud neighbors.So we repacked and moved to the upgraded room.Well we found out upgrade meant you got a coffee pot (but no coffee) a ironing board,(2)waste baskets,clock and a hair drier non of which were in our original room.
All in all it was a pleasant stay BUT you get what you pay for. This was very clear to us when we checked in to the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas (beautiful room)for our last night in NV.

4 Thank PCMA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,557 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Tropicana Laughlin? Share your experiences!