“"Forget about it"”
Review of Tropicana Laughlin

Tropicana Laughlin
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After ten days of Southwest tour of our beautiful country we decided on spur of the moment to stay in Laughlin prior to returning home. Should have gone home-the non smoke room had strong smell of smoke; the hallways were not kept up and saw & heard hotel staff listening to excessively loud music walking the hallways and ignoring litter. My advice-steer clear and drive home; will never return to this establishment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I find it odd that they kept all the train tracks and some of the train decor from when the Tropicana was the Ramada. (Hotel/Casinos get reincarnated you know) but NOT the trains.
It's weird to see cute little tracks and no trains...I think they should stick some non-moving little fake-o trains around the tracks so when you look out the window you see a train and no longer have to give a lonely little ghost-like "wooo woo" train whistle.
I'm not obsessed with the lack of trains...but...there's tracks...come onnnnnnnn...They should allow people to bring their own train! (note to self, check on that)

Anyways lack of trains aside, love the buffet.
It's a favorite of my in-laws and I must admit the buffet is pretty tasty (for a buffet). Like any of these places you kind of know you're not getting blow your mind gourmet for 10.00 bucks and all you can eat...but it's good and satisfying and a lot of variety!
The dessert bar needs some work though.
I'm the dessert fiend in my family but I usually just go ahead and fill up on pizza and pasta salad and caser salad and veggies and whatever else I piled on my plate from the "salty" portion of the buffet and avoid the sweets.
Sure I go ahead and get a little half bowl of the soft serve...but it's for appearance sake...if I didn't the family would think something wrong. but since they seem to love the desserts there I don't want to break it to them they're nottttttttt so awesome.
They're sweet...but uninspired.
In all fairness maybe they have better dessert days then others?
Maybe I am expecting too much form a casino buffet dessert bar?
Maybe I like to hold out for a proper sundae made at home with right proper ice cream? (yes, the answer is yes)

But the salty portion of the buffet, VERY nice! Enough variety too that the entire family will agree to eat there..and I swear sometimes arranging an eat n' greet is harder than world peace but every one seems to agree on this place so it bumps it up a notch for me as well. Nice long tables you can squish together for bigger groups too!

So, no trains, but great buffet, as long as you don't get your hopes up for dessert....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at The Tropicana Express in late June/early July, for 3 nights, Sat through Tuesday. Room was fine, Adult Tower, very comfortable bed, small bathroom that is hard to navigate for 2 people but was ok. Staff was fine, floor was very quiet even though there were a lot of people on Sat night. What I didn't like at all was that we had a room facing the pool and the pool is open till 11PM! There was a mob of people down there, Sat especially but also busy the other days. If we had stayed on a lower floor (we were on 10th), no way we could have gone to sleep before then. There has to be a lot of people bothered by those hours and unable to sleep before then. May have to stay in a road view room next time and I'm not sure if that would be noisy too.

Room Tip: Stay as high up as you can.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

After a long trip on route 66, we decided to give ourselves a break. We have stayed at the tropicana before. We are sold on the tub. We stayed in room 1169. It was fine. The hotel is old and is trying to not show it age. Kinda like zsa zsa. I only have one real beef with this hotel, they don't have a business center oh, and they charge for WiFi. So I guess that two things. But after relaxing in a huge tube, such things become trival.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for one night and couldn't wait to leave the place.

The room was very average, the staff ordinary and the smell of the place was foul.

We expected the hotel to smell of smoke but NOT our room, including our sheets etc.

Would not recommend this place and would never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lyn G
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We did not stay at this hotel, but did eat at the buffet at the Tropicana Laughlin on a Sunday evening and the food and value were very good! At under $10 each, this is a great deal and better value that most other restaurants and buffets in the area. Deserts were mediocre, but entrees and salad bar were good. Surprised that the barbequed ribs were actually quite good and not dried out like most buffets. Self-serve your beverages which are included in the price. Only complain was that we were unsure if you leave a tip since you fetch your own drinks... most buffets we've gone to a server takes the plates and serves beverages and you leave a little tip. So that part was confusing as it appeared some left tips and some did not. Otherwise, very nice experience and would recommend.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I don't know where some of these people are staying, but our room (2265) in the tower pavilion was absolutely wonderful. Wonderfully comfortable beds with luxury linens, total control of temperature, wonderful view of the Colorado River. Nice, clean, large bathroom. Excellent restaurants - the Steak House was outstanding, service and food. Really enjoyed the Buffet, couldn't decide what to have first.

Nice casino -- nice winnings. Only complaint would be the cigarette smoking which seems to be allowed everywhere in town.

Our room, however, was requested to be non-smoking and it was.

Great entertainment -- thoroughly enjoyable weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest available floor -- check in early -- it gets very crowded on Friday af...
1  Thank Savannah-Beach-Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Tropicana Laughlin? Share your experiences!