I find it odd that they kept all the train tracks and some of the train decor from when the Tropicana was the Ramada. (Hotel/Casinos get reincarnated you know) but NOT the trains.
It's weird to see cute little tracks and no trains...I think they should stick some non-moving little fake-o trains around the tracks so when you look out the window you see a train and no longer have to give a lonely little ghost-like "wooo woo" train whistle.
I'm not obsessed with the lack of trains...but...there's tracks...come onnnnnnnn...They should allow people to bring their own train! (note to self, check on that)
Anyways lack of trains aside, love the buffet.
It's a favorite of my in-laws and I must admit the buffet is pretty tasty (for a buffet). Like any of these places you kind of know you're not getting blow your mind gourmet for 10.00 bucks and all you can eat...but it's good and satisfying and a lot of variety!
The dessert bar needs some work though.
I'm the dessert fiend in my family but I usually just go ahead and fill up on pizza and pasta salad and caser salad and veggies and whatever else I piled on my plate from the "salty" portion of the buffet and avoid the sweets.
Sure I go ahead and get a little half bowl of the soft serve...but it's for appearance sake...if I didn't the family would think something wrong. but since they seem to love the desserts there I don't want to break it to them they're nottttttttt so awesome.
They're sweet...but uninspired.
In all fairness maybe they have better dessert days then others?
Maybe I am expecting too much form a casino buffet dessert bar?
Maybe I like to hold out for a proper sundae made at home with right proper ice cream? (yes, the answer is yes)
But the salty portion of the buffet, VERY nice! Enough variety too that the entire family will agree to eat there..and I swear sometimes arranging an eat n' greet is harder than world peace but every one seems to agree on this place so it bumps it up a notch for me as well. Nice long tables you can squish together for bigger groups too!
So, no trains, but great buffet, as long as you don't get your hopes up for dessert....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tropicana Laughlin, we thrive on remaining your number one vacation destination along the Colorado River. Our charming property features an expansive gaming floor, complete with roulette, blackjack, craps and tournaments, clean & modern hotel rooms, and nightly entertainment throughout our several concert venues. When you're ready to crash, enjoy our two 1500-room hotel towers, newly renovated and tailored to your needs. Splash around in our gorgeous outdoor pool located in our Town Square area, outfitted with plenty of lounging, jumbo TV and an adorable coffee/sandwich cafe. Cool off inside by browsing our gift shops or sitting down to dine at one of our several restaurants and bars located alongside the casino floor. When the sun goes down and the casino glows green, stick around to catch one of our legendary entertainers at Tango's Lounge or outdoors in our Victory Plaza - we promise it will be worth your while! Interested in booking a large event or wedding reception? We've got that covered, too! Call or visit us today to inquire about our two spacious private event rooms, accessed by a dazzling spiral staircase and draped in classic decor. Oh, and did we mention free WiFi capabilities in all public areas?! There's so much to see, what are you waiting for! Tropicana Laughlin is a Tropicana Entertainment Property. Tropicana Entertainment Inc. Owns and operates eight (8) casinos and resorts in Indiana, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey Aruba and Missouri. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Tropicana Laughlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Express Hotel Laughlin
- Tropicana Express Laughlin Nv