Stayed for four nights in a king room with our Golden Retriever. All in all, it was a really good stay and wonderful for our dog. We got a nice non-smoking room with great air conditoning. Liked the old western feel of the decor. Rather than being out-of-date, it was refreshingly different and had personality. TV was small, but I do not go to Laughlin to watch TV....I can do that at home. Our room was clean and Russell, our housekeeper, was really awesome and willing to help in any way he could. However, I did see into some of the other pet rooms which looked just terrible so that is why some other reviews are bad. But some other rooms were good, too. Having said that however, I did notice that the management are redoing some of the rooms, so hopefully soon they will all be acceptable to us guests. Our bed was clean, comfortable, and we got a good night's sleep. We would definitely stay there again. It was great being able to park the car outside the room. The hotel is well-situated and their part of the river walk is the nicest. The casino is charming, but slots too tight, but there are lots of other casinos to choose from with looser machines. Downside for us was that we got a connecting room so we could hear our neighbors even though they were a quiet couple.....HATE CONNECTING DOORS. Also, on arrival the receptionist was not at all nice, but beyond those couple of things we had a really good time. The other people on the desk were very nice. If you get a terrible room or sagging bed.....refuse it.....Maybe then management will improve them all for us. For the price we paid, we feel we had a good deal, especially as our dog was welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casino resort with an Old Western theme located right on the historic Colorado River. The Pioneer has earned its well-known reputation as the "Friendliest House on the River". At the Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall, our Guestrooms are being refurbished, and new amenities have been added to our guestrooms....complimentary bottled water, complimentary in-room coffee, and upon request, iron with ironing boards, and mini-refrigerators Our Pet Rooms are all tiled floor. Great Friendly Services, and lots of activities to do in Laughlin, NV ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Hotel And Gambling Hall
- Pioneer Hotel Gambling Hall
- Pioneer Laughlin