“25 year Pioneer Customer who can't wait to return for another visit!”

Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Gilbert, Arizona
“25 year Pioneer Customer who can't wait to return for another visit!”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have been going to the Pioneer Hotel since the late 80's. There have been a lot of changes along the river - fancy casinos, high rises, etc. But the one thing none of them have are the river front rooms where you can open your door, enjoy in the breathtaking and fresh air view of the Colorado River, the mountains to the east and the well landscaped grounds. No elevators or corridors - just easy access to your room from your vehicle and the casino.
The Pioneer undoubtedly has some of the best food on the river, friendly staff and the famous dining once again in Granny's - peace, quiet and no casino noise! It is gourmet dining at it's best, friendly service and more than reasonable prices.
I'm all set to go back in June for another relaxing weekend.
Join the Roundup Club to receive special deals.

Room Tip: River front - book ahead
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Hungarian first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 25, 2011

The Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall has been an annual destination for my large group from Los Angeles, CA

Normally I am not one to post on these sites but I felt it necessary to share a few points about my experience at the pioneer:

1. Their group rates have been extremely affordable & negotiable based on particular groups members preferences.
2. Management's accommodations of my group's desired use of the pool, the ballroom, and the casino has been exceptional.
3. Management's customer service has continually been phenomenal, even going out of their way to make reservations for my group at local Laughlin entertainment venues.
4. Lastly, the people are friendly, the atmosphere is exciting, and my group will continue to give business to the Pioneer because of their loyalty to us as customers.

Room Tip: Grab a room looking over the river!
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Gbroom_LMU
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I stayed at the Pioneer Gambling Hall and Casino with a large group and had a fantastic stay. The hotel staff were very attentive to every request that the group and I had and were accommodating in every regard. They hosted a banquet event in their main banquet hall and we were met with top notch service and had a wonderful evening. The sunday breakfast buffet at Granny's was delicious and most importantly the quality of the rooms had a nice homey feel and I had a great nights' sleep. The gambling hall was in great shape. I would recommend this hotel above all others in Laughlin and can safely say that I will stay here every time I return to Laughlin.

Room Tip: I'd recommend one of the River suites.
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This is an aging MOTEL (NOT sure why they call it a Hotel).....driveup and park right next to your room. I have stayed here twice.

CONS...The carpet, furniture and bathroom is old and practicly worn out. The rooms smell of smoke (walls and ceiling are yellowing from smokers). According to the check-in/out staff they only have eleven non-smoking rooms...be sure to ask if you can get one!! Old style tv set.

PROS....Probably the cheapest place to stay on a friday and saturady night (I have found that there are better places to stay elsewhere during Sunday thru Thursday nights, for about the same price.) I saw security a few times roving the parking areas. Very large rooms!! The bed was not the best, but not too bad either....Bring your own sleeping pillow if you prefer soft and plush. Clean smelling sheets and towels. Shampoo, soap and skin moisturizer are free/included. Very hot water. Air conditioning works great...BrrrrrrrrrCold.

Room Tip: Ask for a NON-smoking room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike354

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed March 26, 2011

The room was $25 for one night, so no, there wasn't a concierge or turn down service offered. But there was a safe, clean room with two full size beds heat and air if needed. We had our kids with us, and there really wasn't much for them to do, but there weather was pleasant enough for us to sue their outdoor pool. The evening turned out to be very pleasant and I would stay there again. In fact, if we return to Laughlin Pioneer is most likely where we'll stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Rancho Cucamonga
Reviewed March 13, 2011

On the way from Vegas home decided to go see the new Hoover Dam bypass bridge and ended up spending more time than I had planned. I love the drive from Vegas to Laughlin, so headed south. I went online on my blackberry and a couple places were booked for Saturday night. I could not get a comp at Harrahs for that night and they wanted $85, and it was already 8pm. All I wanted was to shower, eat, play a bit and sleep for an early wakeup. Golden Nugget was $47 and this place was $37. I had seen it for years, and always wondered how it was. I know its Laughlin and old people abound, and have never been a big fan, but I have been to the Nugget before and it too was nothing special, so thought I'd try it. Put it this way, never again. 1960 was the last time someone repainted, repapered or replaced the carpet. For a non smoking room, it smelled, had cig burns in the carpet and drapes, and reminded me of something from No Country for Old Men. For $40 it is what it is. The bed is 2 old mattresses about 1' off the ground, the tub/shower and bathroom are utlitarian. The furniture was ancient. Country hobo feel. the carpet was gross, so I wore shoes and sandals even in the bath. I did do a bed bug check and it looked good. Never again, but cheap is cheap.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Johnny V
Wasilla
Reviewed November 23, 2010

From the jump lousy service,lousy food.
Stuck me way in the back.Do not to walk back and forth in the dark.Had my room changed to up front,he said he up graded me to deluxe,absolute the same.
Two semi`s at 5:30 am pumping the septic up front.LOUD!!!
I was gone before 6:30 am!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank necepee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,330 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall? Share your experiences!