“Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Review of Harrah's Laughlin

Harrah's Laughlin
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Where do I start, well, after booking on line and getting to the check in line up, and I mean LINE UP! there was only three representatives there, one for us low class folks and two for the platinum people. Well after 30 minutes of waiting, I was informed that I had to pay $45 extra for my pet, which I must say I'm partially to blame as it's listed at the bottom of the page on line. Now the room, what a smell! Dirty widows, bathroom and the A/C, what A/C. Set it for 65 degrees and I'm sure it never got lower that 70, but the noise emminating from it could have fooled you into thinking that it was working overtime. WIFi, yes, if you wanted to pay $10 a day for it, or if you went to the business room to use theirs, that was $5 to start then so much after 3 minutes.

All in all it wasn't bad,,,,,, no wait, I mean it was terrible. Do not stay here if you want a good stay, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carl V
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Laughlin

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Come here in the winter about four times a year and this is our favorite place. The staff is friendly and helpful. Food is good and affordable. Like that they have a non-smoking game room. Have stayed at most the other casinos but like this one best.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank KAHNMAN805
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Caesars Ent. flew us down on a comp. trip for 4 days. Stayed in tower 1 on the eleveth floor. Was our first trip to Laughlin,read some reviews and wasn't sure what to expect. The only thing that was in need of an update was the carpet, otherwise very clean and tended. Food at the buffet and cafe were good as were the prices. We were very impressed with the service, the plane ride was entertaining, the people working at the propery were all very friendly! even had the janitor asking how my day was going. Drink service was excellent. from the time you ordered to the time you received.. maybe 6 minutes. All around, had a good stay at Harrah's Laughlin and have already booked another stay there for March.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nexeraking
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed in the North Tower, 16th floor, room 27. This was a four-night stay. Personally paid for 1st and 4th nights; my employer paid for 2nd and 3rd nights. Upon check-in I was told I could have the same room for all four nights. On Day 3, I decided to confirm that the 4th night would be the same room and, to my surprise, I was told I would have to change rooms. Don't understand how that could happen, but they did some magic and I was able to keep the same room.

The top of the sink stopper was unscrewed and laying in the sink upon arrival. Found a hair on the plastic tissue box holder and another hair on a hand towel. Ugh! AC can only be turned down to 60. That's probably good for most people but I prefer a REALLY cool room. The window can be opened only a couple of inches (there's a stopper device) for the night air, but gnats like to fly in...no screen.

The room had a wall-mounted flat screen tv, which was nice. The king size bed was a little on the soft side; I prefer firmer. The chair at the desk was like a rock and had a very straight back...didn't work well for me for any period of time.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Granny_Annie327
Reviewed February 13, 2014

if you plan to go to laughlin this spring this is the best bank for lyour bukck. it has all the things you are going there for. good gambling odds rly good restaukrants and a reat price for your room best of all free and handy parking

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank papabruning
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We just returned from our first Harrah's junket to Laughlin. The hotel is beautiful on the outside but old and mediocre on the inside. The rooms were clean but otherwise, we could have been staying at a one or two-star hotel at best. We were amazed to find that there were no safes in the rooms at a casino hotel!
We ate at the steakhouse, which was excellent, all three nights that we were there. It was the only restaurant open other than the cafe. The Mexican restaurant is only open Thursday through Sunday. The VIP lounge was small and dark and packed every night. The host at the door warned us it was SRO. We didn't bother to go there the last night!
We like to play golf when we are traveling and usually the casinos are very accommodating. They provide limousine service or shuttles, for a fee, of course. There was no limousine available and the shuttle ran at 9 and 3 and cost $40. If your golf round doesn't fit in those parameters, you have to take a cab or rent a car. All of the other Harrah's casinos that we have stayed at, have always owned their own course and allowed use of your TR credits for payment. This property does not own a course and the course was uncertain what to do when we showed up with a voucher from the host (which we had to use points to get.)
We visited the host the night before we left to clear up our bill. The host used all our points first which we have found has become the norm for Harrah's. Also, to our amazement, she insisted that the cost of our flight (which was included in the package offered to us) had to be covered by our play before she would comp anything.
An okay trip, but we'll not rush back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jwlanclos
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I drove seven hours to get there...the last three hours I felt like I was coming down with something, the next day I was miserable, fever, pain, chills...yet as miserable as I felt, I was more comfortable than I would have been at home. Having access to everything I needed in the hotel was great, if a bit overpriced, it was better than having to drive to a Walmart and deal with a huge store.

I felt like I was going to live by day five, and the buffet helped speed my recovery.

Harrah's Laughlin passes the "sick test" with flying colors....the current run pay per view kept me entertained, and helped the hotel make up money I wasn't up to spending in the casino. And it was very easy to keep the room comfortable with my own hot / cold cycles going on....the system responded quickly to heat/cool...plus I used the bedding from both beds on the bed I slept in, it worked.

When I did try to sit at a machine..BIG MISTAKE, I won fifty bucks right away and I thought my head was going to explode from all the noise and light! I really just wanted it to quietly take my money at that point.

I checked out as soon as I could drive home safely, this was a day short of what I reserved, there was no problem, and they did not charge me for checking out early...

I basically didn't leave the room much for four days, and was comfortable...when I did have to leave, I did't have to go far...

I am a faithful Harrahs Laughlin guest, and this trip sealed my allegiance to this location...every staff member was just great, the food was good, and the gift shop fully prepared for the illin' guest...and cheaper than a hospital.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mikethebunny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Lodge on the River
Lodge on the River
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!