“USA Road Trip 2014”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“USA Road Trip 2014”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I booked here for our first night stay on our USA Road Trip 2014.

It is located about 90 minutes drive from Las Vegas which is not to bad after a 10 hour flight from the UK.

We stayed on the 23rd floor of the North Tower booking a deluxe room through the Hotels website at a great price of $25.99 for the night. What a lovely room which we could not find any faults to.
We overlooked the car park and South Tower which was fine considering we arrived when it was getting dark and would be leaving in the morning.

Overall a nice stay with no problems at check in or check out.

1 Thank Andrew G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,859)
  • Korean first
Belcourt, North Dakota
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

It was so exciting to receive a free trip from my total rewards. Thank you. We stayed at Harrahs, adult tower. It was nice, the room service was good, walked around and enjoyed amenities of the hotel. The hospitality of the hotel was great. Everyone was very helpful and courteous! The weather was a little windy but the warm sunshine was sure welcoming. Our Luck, well we had no luck at the slots. I would stay again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SherriG63
North Carolina
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We decided to take a small vacation/get away to Laughlin, which is located @ 1.5 hours from Vegas.

Although it's mostly catered towards the older generation/retired population, we felt comfortable and not out of place, being that we were the "younger" odd balls in the crowd at 54/47 years old...LOL

Room were very clean and nice for it's age and quiet with very minimalistic interior decor...it's only a place to sleep for us any way.

Casino floor definitely shows it's age but, it's nice to see a "aged" laid back decor unlike the Vegas style glitzy and sometimes tacky decor that caters to the younger generation.

We mostly spent our times on the craps table and the dealers were all VERY friendly and helpful, joking and egging you on as you play. Makes losing more fun but, made our winning more enjoyable with over $600 in winnings in 7~8 hours of play!!! WE LOVE CRAPS!

If you're here for the scenery, we hope you like the desert looks with desert hills...oh, don't forget the river right next to the resorts.

For quiet non glitzy get way to relax, we highly recommend Laughlin Harrah's.

Only down side, they no longer(for the past 3 years, according to one dealer) offer any comps at the casino. Since we spent over 7 hours at the craps table, we decided to ask for a comp buffet, no luck...bummer. Hospitality made up for that though.

Good play, friendly dealers/pit bosses and good atmosphere will make up for any free comps.

Green Features: We saw few signs of their participation but, we really paid no mind to it.
1 Thank Bikerdudeandhiswife
Mesa
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I booked here at an excellent price for 3 nights mid-January. I relied on reviews and most were good but there were some bad ones, too. I didn't know what to expect. We checked in on a Monday. I had upgraded to a Riverview room in the North Tower. We were surprised to get a great corner room - windows on both sides - overlooking the Colorado River and downtown Laughlin. The room was clean and spacious and included two beds and an updated bathroom. We requested additional blankets which were brought promptly. We had no complaints We could not hear our neighbors or any hallway noise since our entrance door was at the end offset from the main hallway. We also liked being up Casino Drive at the top of the hill and away from the other casinos. The lobby personnel were efficient and very friendly when we checked in and out. My only complaints were the additional $5 charge to use the Fitness Center and charge for Wifi. It seems like they could throw those in since we not only slept there but ate most of meals there, also. We'll stay at Harrah's again if we return to Laughlin.

Room Tip: Choose the North Tower Riverview. It was quiet, the room was updated and we had a great view of Lau...
Green Features: We noticed the appliances were energy efficient. They had recycle bins everywhere. We did not notice a decrease in water in the shower or bathroom due to the watersavers.
4 Thank sdgalMesa
La Porte, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was our 2nd junket to Harrah's Laughlin and it turned out ok. First off Harrah's is starting to show its age but our room was clean (South tower) and everything in it was working including the fridge. Maid service was prompt everyday and the job was performed well. Drink service in the casino was very good, probably the best in Laughlin this trip and we went to all of them. Lastly every Harrahs employee we encountered everywhere was extremely friendly and helpful.The machines appeared to be a little looser than last visit too. We will return soon.

D. Duhon
LaPorte, Tx.

3 Thank Darrell D
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I have been going to Harrahs Laughlin for years. I always gave them top marks in service and customer satisfaction. We set up new years with them around the first of November and stated what room we wanted. Being a Diamond member for many years, I have never had a problem with it in the past. To get started with ALL the problems we encountered, they told me I would have to settle for the room they assigned us because that's all they had. I understand that they can't always guarantee the room, but when the lady at the front desk tells you that the people that spend the most money get to choose first, what happened to all the money that I spent over the years. I quess that don't count, now anyway. As usual, we started playing(slots) and found that they were tighter then ever so we decided to go get something to eat. We always sit in the Diamond section and have Ramiro as our waiter. We always like to get him because he is so friendly. When we got to the buffet they had some other function going on so we sat off to the side. When my wife tried to use a comp that was given to us by Harrahs the manager was very rude and snotty,like she couldn't handle her job, and finally accepted it. In all the time I've been going there my wife and I have never been treated like that,DISCUSTING!!!! The food in the buffet was the worst I've ever seen,cold and looked old, and the service was terrible. They could care less about anything except walkin right by. After that ordeal we went back into the casino and in talking to some other folks that are there often, they even said the slots were tight. We went to total rewards to ask a question so we went in the diamond entrance. The young lady behind the counter was friendly enough until the wicked witch of the west appeared and said to her " did you check there cards to see if they are diamond" which led me to believe that we weren't good enough to be in there. We also saw a lot of SUITS standing around that wouldn't even acknowledge that we existed. Just remember, without us you wouldn't have a job. They could of at least said hello but that's right, the way the total rewards lady treated us we probably didn't look RICH enough. Thanks for the suckiest new years in my fifty nine years on the planet. You won't have to worry about seeing me anytime soon!!!!!

Room Tip: Good luck finding one
Green Features: all's good for the environment, they do a good job at that
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Danny C
San Marcos, CA
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Booked here on business for 2 days, changed quickly for the remainder of my stay in Laughlin. Very nice staff, but the room I stayed in needs a makeover. Not modern, nor classic.The rooms long brick wall emotes a cold, damp decor, which I think is deliberate, in order to get their guests out of the room and into their poorly ventilated casino.

There are lots of other choices for places to stay in Laughlin. I ended up at the Aquarius, which in my opinion, was a much better choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Days Inn Bullhead City
Days Inn Bullhead City
#1 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!