“Must Have Been Lucky” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California
“Must Have Been Lucky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Colorado and on the way back from Colorado. The first leg of our trip we spent the extra and got the river view non smoking king bed. The room was clean, the view nice EXCEPT, on the lower floors (5th) the nighttime flood lights that illuminate the building blast your windows until 9 or 10pm. We were satisfied with the room itself. We took the water taxi to another casino which was reasonable.
The second leg of our trip coming back from Colorado, we got a non smoking river view room again, but they didn’t have any king bed rooms left so we got double queen. This room was great and higher up beyond the evening flood lights. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and we were more than satisfied with this room.
The buffet is just so-so and typical buffet faire and the slot machines very tight. The McDonald’s within the property is way too high for the convenience.
We would definitely stay here again, but gamble somewhere else.

2 Thank feedie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,774)
  • Korean first
Avondale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I dont like to complain about $21 a room, but that's exactly what we got. An old,smoke stenchy room where 3 out of 4 lights didnt work. They didnt even have light bulbs in them! We spent almost $100 for a late night meal at the Beach cafe,some burgers and chicken tenders. The service was not the best to say the least.2 out of the six drinks at our table actually got refilled....I will say, the buffet the next night "almost" made up for our 2 night stay there. It was well worth the money. We had other issues that im not going to get into,but overall improvements throughout the hotel are needed. I usually enjoy my stay wherever I go and I dont complain much, for its usually nice just to be away. Next time, it wont be at Harrah's.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank hobohuey00
Augusta, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Weekend getaway at Harrahs Laughlin. We had a wonderful time. Hotel staff was nice. Check in with the charter company was very quick. Tables and slots pretty tight. We had stayed here 10 years earlier and I must say I don't think they have done any updating. Their little beach is a nice place to enjoy the river for a couple hours with a cocktail. The building and rooms though are in desperate need of some renovation. Our king bed was comfortable but the stained carpets and water spots in the corners of the celing let you know this is headed toward a lower end hotel. Kinda sad. I would stay here again but only for a few days and because we actually spend very little time at the hotel except to sleep.

2 Thank dmctc5
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Upfront: I am not a gambler and, quite frankly, I think there is a terrible arrogance about Las Vegas hotels where you have to stand in line for a considerable period to check in. Of course I was not impressed by doing the same thing at Harrah's Laughlin, especially after spending and inordinate amount of time trying to find a place to park within a reasonable distance of reception. We were later to discover that the "15 minutes while checking in" area didn't mean a thing and cars stayed there for the duration without fear of consequences. I felt like Harrah's was saying to us: "our rooms are cheap so don't expect any consideration for any reason". There are no room amenities like coffee makers, microwaves or refrigerators but that wasn't expected. I didn't expect wifi, either, but the excuse for not even having it in a public area was laughable: "this is a small town so there isn't the same access". Of course the Mcdonalds across the river wasn't afflicted by the same lack of service. Our room was fine but we did not have a view. After passing some spilled food on the carpet near the elevator on our floor both coming and going, I found a serviette in my purse to clean it up with when coming in again. Considering the price, however, the place is fine as a base point for doing other things.

Room Tip: We didn't have one, but I would push for a river view.
Green Features: The room temperature was comfortable but we were not aware of any particular practices that made it so.
2 Thank lasbris
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My rating is based more on what the other hotel/casinos in Laughlin have to offer. This hotel also allows dogs, they get 2 floors in the north tower. The rooms in the central tower are better as they have coffee, fridge, and are slightly larger. The hotel is aged but we have stayed many times and really have not had a horrible experience as others have posted. The staff is exceptionally friendly, and the casino uses drink hosts to make sure you do not run dry.. The video poker is not as good payout as other places, table games are $10-$15 min during weekends ( craps stays $5) weekdays you can play BJ for $5. My biggest complaint is the place is far away from the "boardwalk" though water taxis are $4. The beach on the river is very nice and the only one. The buffet is not really that great for what they charge $19.99 dinner. There us a McDonalds inside as well as Starbucks, Cimnabun, and another cafe. They have 2 pools, one family/kids, the other adult. A large arcade for kids is a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for the central tower or at least tell them you want a coffee maker in the room.. There is an A...
2 Thank mykomyko
Surprise, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Due to a previous bad stay I wasn't going to ever stay there again. I had been going to Laughlin and staying at Harrahs for years but it only takes one time for me to complain and that is what I did. I wrote a VERY long letter to them and within 24 hours got a response with a persons names to contact to give further information, which I did. She apologized as I expected but she did follow thru at which time I received a phone call from the Supervisor at Harrah's and she had me explain again and again apologized. She ask if we were planning on returning and I said yes but we were going to stay elsewhere, she asked to please reconsider and we did (against my better judgement). I went ahead and made reservation for 4 nights with my normal request (be by elevator, and NON SMOKING). When we arrived I figured well here goes lets see what happens this time but to my surprise all went GREAT. We were put in a suite, River View and all newer furniture. I thought this is great. It would have been better if we had won alot of money but I guess that is expected to much, we didn't loss alot but we didn't win either. We have went back again and NO we didn't get a suite but it did get Riverfront and very good service, and at no cost to us since we are returning visitor and a Harrah's card member.

Room Tip: The rooms in the central tower are better than the south tower, but harder to get if you are going o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vicki16242
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Don't believe these negative reviews. We stay at Harrah's all over the southwest. This one is fine. Stayed for three days. My wife earned a $75 Macy's gift card and a Dooney and Bourke purse while playing slots.
I took my grandson to the arcade everyday and he loved it. We also went to McDonald's and the beach. We all went to Oatman and had a great time.
The rooms were clean and pillows were great. We had a river view in the central tower.
We also went to the Dirk Arthur magic show and it was fantastic.
Ate at the buffet twice. Food was average, but the desserts were great. Chocolate covered strawberries!
All in all a great time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dbax
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Lodge on the River
#3 of 14 in Bullhead City
3.5 of 5 stars 114 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!