“Nice Evening In Laughlin”
Review of Harrah's Laughlin

Harrah's Laughlin
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shawnee, Oklahoma
“Nice Evening In Laughlin”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Harrah's in Laughlin NV is about what you would expect for Casino where we don't gamble a lot. The room is a bit old but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The desk staff is very busy and somewhat impersonal and you certainly get the feeling that they want to hurry you through their process. All-in-all it was a good enough experience.

1 Thank daokie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,735)
  • Korean first
ElPaso, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Harrah's July 6th -July 12th. This is our Third year out of the last Four staying at Harrah's in Laughlin and the rooms have deteriorated. While we hardly stayed in the Room except to sleep, it is hard to see beyond the obvious "wear and tear" That being said, the Buffet is still the best in Laughlin although the fare at the River Palms is quite good. The Casino was very Comfortable this year as in previous years it was downright cold. I would rate the Property "Very Good" overall, although the room is average at best and that's pushing it. If the Housekeeping staff had not done such a good job keeping the room clean and the cost per night so reasonable, it probably would have fallen to poor. We choose Laughlin over Las Vegas because we do not like to drive around the strip, room prices are great and the shows are entertaining and reasonable. We choose Harrah's because we have enjoyed it and will probably stay again, but I would say that they need to do some "Serious" Room Renovation to keep us coming back in the future!

Room Tip: For a couple, King Sized Beds are best. Tip the Housekeeping Staff and they will keep your room nic...
Xenia Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Visited Harrah's in July 2013. This was a comped trip through Caesar's Entertainment. We were here for 5 days. We had a great time here. The food venues here were excellent. All the servers were couteous and friendly. Harrah's is the last casino on Casino Drive. You have to take a water taxi to get to the other casinos along the Colorado River. My only complaint with our visit was with housekeeping. Our last full day there and our room was not serviced. We had to call down to get it done. It did get serviced that day so all is forgiven. On all of our previous hotel stays this is my major complaint with hotels. I have mentioned this in my other reviews on Tripadvisor. Obviously I did not leave a tip for our last day. I do not tip for poor service. All in all I do recommend this hotel.

Denver Area
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We added this after 5 nights in Vegas since it's fairly close and we've never seen the area. For an older hotel I found it relaxing. Upon check in we were upgraded a suite. That always sets the mood, right? Overall service was great but we were exhausted from the last several days. We rested well and gambled a little. Older crowd and never made it to the river... Already booked for return visit...

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank SteveinColorado
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The room and the bathroom were clean, the AC worked well enough, and the bed was comfortable. Thats about all I expected for my money. The staff was friendly, and I appreciated the fact that there was a non-smoking side of the casino. What I didnt expect was to have to pay $5 to use their exercise room. Oh well. We did get a 2 for 1 buffet. The buffet was good, plenty of yummy food. We picked Harrah's because they have a beach off the river, turns out we didnt even use it. We went accross the river and used the beach on the Arizona side. Rented jet skis for $100 a day (plus $40 gasoline) and no deposit. The family pool at Harrahs is way too small, water is too warm to enjoy anyway, the water at the River is way more refreshing. The Adult pool was a nice size but since I was traveling with my kids I didnt use it. The arcade in the casino had a sewer smell. Yuck

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Viviana B
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Harrahs July 9th through the 11th. Weather was very hot! We luckly had a room in the North Tower, 16th floor that was located on the North East corner. The location in the corner has two windows, one facing the river and the other downtown Laughlin that had a beautiful view at night. The room needed updating (carpet was old and walls needed painting) but the bathroom had been remodeled and the bed was comfortable.

The Baja Blue restaurant was "closed for the season" but did serve some basic appetizers. Buffet was good and the Beach Cafe also very good.

The gambling gods were not with us Harrahs and we did much better at Blackjack at the neighboring Golden Nugget Casino. Just take a water taxi for an enjoyable ride over.

The beach area is just like it appears in the advertisement and the adult pool was also nice. Security did a good job keeping the under 21 crowd away. One draw back at the pool is the drink prices. $37.50 for a bucket (5) of Coors Lights!

Room Tip: Northtower, 16th floor, room 42. Excellent views!
1 Thank Michael R
Laughlin
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked with Harrah's for our first visit to Laughlin because I know what to expect from the Harrah's brand in Las Vegas & other locations. The hotel was not quite up to our expectations as far as service. The service was inconsistent. The woman who greeted us at the front desk seemed bothered that we were there, even though she was thorough & met all our needs. The housekeepers were very sweet, but the waitresses in the restaurants were not as concerned with good service. The parking valet was friendly, but often kept us waiting. We felt that the the management needs to emphasize SERVICE to all the employees. This is what makes a hotel stand out, especially when it is not the newest option, or when there are so many other choices to choose from.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Days Inn Bullhead City
Days Inn Bullhead City
#1 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!