“Needs renovation”

Harrah's Laughlin
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed a few days for the July 4th holiday in the Central Adult Tower, which is Tower 1. We were blessed with a nice river view. The room looks a little tattered and needs to be remodeled. We always spend a little time in the adult pool. My husband loves a pool bar. However, the pool water had a lot of "stuff" floating in it and needed cleaning. Hope they get these items fixed soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol C

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was truly surprised at my stay at Harrah's Laughlin. This is my 5th or 6th visit to Laughlin, and my first stay at Harrah's. I have a Harrah's gaming card and am a casual gambler - not often and I play nickel machines. I had a very nice room rate offered to my via US Mail and took advantage of it. The room was very comfortable; but the customer service was excellent. As I played my nickel video poker, hosts would ask if I'd like a refreshment and they sent wait staff to take care of me. This service seemed a level up from other casinos.

Ate at the Range restaurant as well and enjoyed that. I would return for another visit, absolutely.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tamara13
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I arrived during the biggest heatwave in years (120F) and the hotel was loaded with kids. Stayed 2 nights. I expected the hotel floor to be noisy but the walls are solid and I had a quiet night's sleep each night. There is a McDonald's, Cinnabon, and Dreyer's on the way to the North Tower where I stayed. Arcade is there too. The fitness center was good ($5 for the day) and has the basics - treadmills, ellipticals, a Universal weight set, and a large set of dumbbells. Pool, for obvious reasons, was crowded and the chaise lounges were stacked next to each other leaving little room between you and your neighbor. Harrah's beach is a nice touch and is the only hotel that supports a beach. The non-smoking casino is in its own separate area and not a section of a larger floor space like most other casinos. The only disappointment is that the Riverwalk does not extend to Harrah's (which is the last hotel and at the top of the hill) so you have to exit through the River Palms next door and walk up the hill. All in all, no complaints and would stay here again.

Room Tip: The central tower is "Adults Only"
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eurotraveler032003
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the 4th of July weekend, rooms are average, hotel is ok not a 5 star, but good enough for me, price is good. Hotel has a beach made on the Colorado river, alcohol is expensive here got a can corona and mixed drink ended up more then 20 dollars. Overall had a good time here would come back.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Marcos714
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First time for Harrah's in Laughlin,,also our last...As Cyansea stated, we stayed from the 30th until the 2nd of July and encountered the same issues..Our toliet, each time you flushed smelled like sewer. Our one sink smelled, moreso when we ran water...Our tub mat was
DIRTY!! We had to call for a new one ( took care of very quickly ).
Our room was okay, but not what we had expected from a Harrah's property..the room really needs to be updated! Beds were fairly comfortable but not the cruise ship compfy..We had a non smoking room in the north tower (Cortez) and was on the 8th floor and our furniture had several burn marks on them and our flooring had several big spots. It appeared the floors had not been cleaned for sometime..
Pools. We used the adults only pool and was very nice but it did need cleaning. The gentleman at the outside bar was very pleasant and friendly. Had not interaction with anyother pool people.
Talked once with our housekeeper and she was very polite.
We were there for a get away for a few days and we were very disapointed in our stay at the Harrah's. WE WILL NOT BE BACK

Reviewed July 7, 2013

had come here after reserving 2 weeks ahead requested a room non smoking with one king size bed, when we arrived i was told that all the rooms were filled and my only options were a smoking room or "just take your money" after arguing and asking for a manger twice i was finally "upgraded" when i got to my floor there was bags of trash throughout the hallway and one infront of my door, i moved it and entered my room to my dismay the room had trash on the floor and my girlfriend found hair on the floor and hair in the sink , the toilet was dirty as well, i checked the beds and as expected they were trashed also, i called down stairs and told them of my issue i was immediately put on hold for 15 min and finally someone got on the phone and again i explained the issue, i was again put on hold for 4 min and the person who answered said they were the manager. again i had to explain my situation and there only advice was for me to call house keeping and leave the room as they clean. i had enough and went down to the counter and asked for a refund, i was told that there was nothing they could do and after asking for a manager 3 times one finally came (different person from the phone) i was told that i would be refunded in a few days and that i was to leave the hotel or be escorted out.. when i requested a corperate number or a hotel managers number i was told i didnt need that number and "please leave or wait for security"

2  Thank steven b
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I arrived on a Saturday afternoon about 2 PM and we were able to walk right up to the check in desk. Almost any other time we saw it, it was packed with people trying to check in. And they were all families with lots of children, coolers, pool floats and strollers. What a mess!

We asked for an upgrade to a suite, but they were sold out. We got room 11130 in the south tower. It was right off of the elevator, but we had no problems with elevator noise. I liked being right off of the casino and close to the pool and cafe.

I will say that it was probably the hottest ever, when we were there. The temp stayed near 116 degrees, so the pool and chaise lounges were packed. But most people stayed in the water, making the water not even refreshing. And there was always a noisy volleyball game going on in the afternoon, so you couldnt even relax if you wanted to.

Our room was adequate, mostly clean but very impractical. There was only a very large armoire with the old boxey TV on a pull out shelf. They then squeezed in a small table and 2 chairs, making it tight and awkward. the small table was the only surface area to drop your stuff......no counter space other than a small shelf with the small refrigerator underrneath it, making you get down on your hands and knees to access it.

We had a triangular view out the window and saw a bit of the river and the pool. The bathroom was ok, and the water very hot.

I felt that the casino itself was quite dingy and dirty. Cocktail service was pretty good, but the slots were a little tight. The prices in the gift shop were outrageous.

All in all, it was ok....location wasnt great, but for a Saturday night comped room it was all right.

Room Tip: If you dont have kids with you, ask for the closest tower to the casino.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Lodge on the River
Lodge on the River
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!