“Terrible in every way!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Riverside, California
“Terrible in every way!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Where do I even begin. We had four room (two different families), and each pair of rooms were supposed to be joined-but we had four seperate rooms, and none were joined. It is such a large casino/hotel that the service is horrible. We were in tower 3 and there was dried vomit in the hall the entire time we were there (four days). The elevators are slow, a lot of the games in the arcade are broken, and the workers are conplacent. Pets are allowed in the hotel, at an additional $70 a night, but they don't clean up after them. We were on the same floor as several dogs, and there was also dog poop (mushy-can't clean up by hand) in our hall way that was there when we left. Now about our room. When we first arrived our room had a foul oder, but it was tollerable. By day three is smelled like a skunk stood in our room and sprayed. The teenagers we were with said it was marajuana. We aired the room out and went to the magic show (the only decent thing at Harrah's). When we came back the skunk smell was even worse. I called the front desk (was put on hold for 20 minutes), and then told they didn't have any other complaints, but would send up security. Security arrived in about 15 minutes and confirmed the foul oder, but said it would be impossible to tell where it was coming from, but said that housekeeping would come up and spray. After another 20 minutes of waiting I called housekeeping, they said they didn't have any record of the call (even though I personally heard security radio), but said they would send someone right away, and that we would have to vacate our room form 7 minutes. Right away turned into 20 minutes, and he said that we would have to vacate for 20 minutes. When we returned, the spray made the smell worse, but it was 11:20 and I needed to get my kids in bed. Needless to say I WILL NEVER STAY AT HARRAH'S AGAIN!! I would rather pay double somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mary m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,725)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The rooms at Harrah's are clean and for the most part pretty standard. They have upgraded some of the rooms, if you pay a little more you can have nicer furniture, granite counters, large flat screen televisions, etc. One thing that we really appreciate is that we have never heard our neighbors through the walls when staying here. The front desk people are friendly and helpful. We love the fact that they have a large non smoking casino. The restaurants are pretty solid, their buffet is probably the best in Laughlin. Great selection, all well prepared. Beverage service in the casino is pretty good, they come around often and the drinks are well poured. The only downfall is that this hotel is pretty far from the rest of the casinos in Laughlin. You have to drive, take a taxi, or the water taxi to get to the other places. It's too far to walk in the heat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall away from the elevators. If you are close to the elevators you...
2 Thank Kelly V
Mohave Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Bought tickets a few months back to go and see Jeff Dunham. I had never been to Harrahs to see a show before. Found out that it was in there outdoor amphitheater. Show was in June in the desert! 105 still at 8pm! I have been to hundreds of shows both in Vegas, Laughlin and elsewhere in the Country. This was without a doubt the worst experience I have ever had!!! 1st: Tried calling ticket master to purchase tickets, wanted to speak to a human, gave up and called ticket booth at Harrahs. Gentleman on phone was friendly and got the sale done. However a month later when we went to pick up the tickets (as we were supposed to do), no tickets could be found for us, even though we had our bank statement, confirmation number with us. nearly an hour later....we finally had our tickets. Day of show, we show up 30 minutes before show time, valet is full (that was expected) only parking was in garage at very top (again, expected since we were later then we hoped to get there). However the line to get into the show was all the way from the theater to inside the casino. That's allot of people and a very, very long line. Took 45 minutes just to get into show and there were 3 entrances. Thankfully they held up the show by 20 minutes till most people were at least inside, probably only a couple hundred still in line by the time show started. However what we didn't realize was the stadium seating which held nearly 20 people to a section, row. We literally had 3 feet to fit 4 people into (everyone of us is relatively thin) and everyone in our row was already squished before we even tried to sit. All 4 of us were so packed in that everyone of our elbows had to be held into our laps, 2 of us had to try to lean forward and twisted to the side and our knees twisted sideways. This wasn't just our row, it was everywhere! Chairs down below were just folding chairs and they were all tied together with less then a foot between rows. Less then 10 minutes into the show, my wife and I gave up and decided to go watch the show from the corner and just stand. This would allow our friends some additional room and give us some room too. This turned out to be a great idea for us, although by the time the show ended, we had more people standing there and outside the amphitheater. I personally witnessed hundreds of people walk out complaining and just gave up and went home. They certainly oversold this venue by twice what it could hold. To top it all off, a lady had passed out on the sidewalk from the heat and they did not have 1 single emergency technician on hand, just security, who waved a towel over her! What if there had been a fire, or if she was having a heart attack! Thank god for the guy behind me that caught her as she was falling and me to help him lay her down. Bottom line is, Harrahs gets a big fat "F" for this show. Also not 1 big screen to allow the people way in the back to even see Jeff and the dummies, which is what makes his show so funny, the expressions. From in the back you could not see any of that. Jeff Dunham was still good, but even he couldn't help but make jokes about the location!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mike A
Laughlin
Reviewed June 15, 2013

When we checked in to the Laughlin Nevadathey did not have us in the king size bed room but in two double beds, which I had booked 2-3 weeks ahead if time...and had a confirmation stating I did indeed book a king bed room! On top of it the lady was rude!!!!! Also checking into the Las Vegas harrah again same situation they had rooms messed up and lady at front desk absolutely rude!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Ashley P
lockport, new york
Reviewed June 12, 2013

just returned from a charter trip to harrahs in Laughlin Nevada. requested an upgrade to a suite but of course was told none available due to a tournament. our room was in the adult tower. it was very small with very old furnishings. the bath tub had black hairs in it and we hadn't even used it yet! the air conditioning worked ok we had to set it at 64 to keep the room cool. we had a refrigerator but it didn't work. our view out the window was the top of a roof, so much for a river view!.the one thing that bothered me the most was not having a safe in the room. I had to carry everything around in my purse! I have never been to a casino without a safe! also beware! the slots are very, very tight! we go to vegas every year and have never lost as much money as we did here. needless to say we will not be coming back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: the adult tower is very old. had to ask for clean towels every day!
Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We as in four of us played here as we'll in ballys in Las Vegas nv this is a nice play don't know about the rooms but the casino was good was hard to get the drink lady over to bring us a drink so I did not give a tip if I have to ask well let me say if I have to go to bar to get my drink my self then you will not get a tip the rest of the night sorry I work hard all year to come play and then have to go looking for someone to get me a drink that's a no no for me but other then that the harrahs in Laughlin nv was supper nice people I play 90% at all HARRAHS CASINOS its the best ever hope to be back soon thanks randy m

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cortez, Colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at Harrah's Laughlin... and the first time I have ever stayed in the same hotel in Nevada a second time in my 15 years of going there (just too many to sample to stay at the same place twice). HOWEVER Harrah's made me break my rule; the reason is simple... Rock Bottom Room Rates.
I was looking up rates on the Total Rewards website just for kicks (having already booked the Golden Nugget) but the TR any level rate of 10.99 just sealed the deal, I love a bargain.
Got a new Total Rewards Visa and discovered that they bump you up to Platinum right away, At check in I got to cut the line and was taken into the VIP check in area to get registered into my low roller room....Requested the Adult tower and got it.

The room was clean, comfortable and had a brand new flat screen tv with an expanded cable package... about 10 more channels than the last time I stayed (in the same tower, same floor, same room type) and the old tube style TV was gone.

The pool was cool, the hot tub hot, and the jets worked....

Keep in mind that Harrah's weekday rates are so low that you will have to pay for any extras...for example a toll free call is $1.50 to connect.

The staff was excellent as always... polite and professional, and the bartender at the center casino even remembered our drinks every time we came back to the bar.

Laughlin is a wonderfully polite and friendly town, very walkable too... the town's ad tagline "It's like you own the place" is right on spot....

My words for Laughlin would be... "Like Vegas 40 years ago... only cheaper."

Sunday and Monday night perfection.... once again.

Room Tip: Adult tower.. Tower one.
1 Thank mikethebunny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Days Inn Bullhead City
Days Inn Bullhead City
#1 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!