“Beautiful desert views”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wichita Falls, TX
“Beautiful desert views”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We usually make the trip to Laughlin 3 or 4 times a year and we always stay at Harrahs in Laughlin. It is part of our junket accommodation. We love to gamble so we like to stay where we gamble. Always ask for a room facing the river. The view is beautiful. The rooms are relatively small, no frig or microwave, limited tv, pay for internet access, common areas need a little attention, rooms are not real clean, the casinos are the real draw. Sometimes the registration clerk can be a little difficult. But a tip makes her happy again. Water taxis are available from one casino to another. This whole area is a nice little surprise in the middle of the desert. Big drawback to Harrahs Laughlin is the lack of good eating places in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lijedo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,721)
  • Korean first
Ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at Harrah's Laughlin for 4 days May 2nd to the 6th. We had rented a car in Las Vegas and drove down to Laughlin. It is about an hour and a half drive and pure desert, winding roads and a lot of dust! Make sure you have a full tank of gas!

Hotel - Parking garage is out of the way and you have to walk with your luggage to the entrance, There is an elevator and it's not a long walk. Harrah's resort is a little out of the way meaning it is not within walking distance of the other casinos. The others are all grouped together. Our room was standard king and dated but clean. Very, very small closet area with no door and no safe in the room which I believe is a necessity. I will say the bed was extremely comfortable and I am not a good sleeper and I slept very well here. Also, it seemed like only one elevator was working at a time and it was always crowded waiting for an elevator.

Casino - The casino is small but has a lot of different machines. There are a few tables and they do have $5 Let it Ride which is my favorite. They have two bars with video poker, as well.

Pool - There are two outdoor pools. One for families/kids and one for adults. Lounge chairs, towels and even a few cabana's are free. They play music and there is a snack bar and of course, rest rooms. Seems the ducks like the pool, though! See my pix.

We never ate here so I cannot comment on the food or restaurants. There is a McDonald's, an ice cream shop and a coffee shop near the elevators.

All in all, it was a nice stay here and we would go back. Of course, we won on video poker at the large circle bar so that's always a plus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judi D
AZ
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We just spent one night here in the Central Tower, in a PetStay Premium room. the fee for a pet or 2 is built into the price of the room. While not the most luxurious, it worked fine for us. ( spouse and 2 small dogs ) We had a river view king. The floor is a wood-look vinyl, we did notice our stocking feet were a bit dirty after walking a bit in the room. 2 nice club chairs, we usually stay in suites or better, so it was a bit of a let down in that regard, but hey, very few places take pets so we were happy to make do here. Lovely "welcome" package for our dogs! 2 nice metal dog bowls and a bag of organic dog cookies! We took turns going downstairs to gamble a little, we wont leave our pets alone in a room. Fairly ez access to get them outside to walk etc, the Central Tower sits rite above a Mcdonalds, Cinnabon, and Dreyers. We elected to have room service for dinner, and it was less than a half hour wait, reasonable and tasty. ( chef salad and a reuben ) We NEVER do room service in Vegas since its usually so pricey. Made a bit of $$ on the slots at the bar! that RARELY happens in Vegas! We did have to pay for internet, I could not get 3g or 4g on my smartphone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Madelyn T
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Upon arriving for check-in, I was about 20th. in line and thought what a waste of time. However, the check in process was super quick.

As for the room, it was in major need of a good cleaning, carpet replacement, and modernization. The wall switch covers in the bathroom were both cracked and appeared to have been glued together. The paint on the door trim in the bathroom was worn through. (See photos)

Attempting to use the "children's pool" (our 7 year old grand daughter was with us) we were turned away due to someone getting sick in the water and were told we could use the "adult" pool. At the adult pool, only one person was in the water, standing at the edge enjoying a drink. When we got into the water, the bar attendant came storming over and told (not ask) us to leave because it was the adult pool. Upon explaining that we were told we could use that pool, he said he was responsible for the pool and whomever told us we could us it was wrong. It was a security person who said we could us the pool.

Food service was poor and overpriced compared to other properties I've stayed at in Laughlin.

This property has goon downhill over the years and really does not stand up to Harrah's standards of the past.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We travel through Laughlin 2-3 times a year on our way to California. We now only stay at Harrah's! There is a very nice front desk person who remembers me every time and asks me about my home town and my job! She is shorter with dark hair and about 35-40 years old. She makes me feel so wanted when I arrive that we will never stay anywhere else in town. Our room was great and on the 12 floor. Views were wonderful. Room was quiet and the housekeeping mgr. was so attentive when we needed lots of pillows to elevate our feet due to recient foot surgery. I want mention Albert and Carlos in the buffet room they always take great care of us. The menu in the buffet is the exact same food for the last 3 years... how about adding a burger bar & grilled chicken breasts. My husband would love it if you added a variety of breads and lunchmeats and cheese so he can make a super sandwich. Harrah's thanks for all the fun time we have on your property.

Room Tip: Always ask for a Central tower room facing the river above the 10th floor. You will get the newer r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days. Let me start with the good stuff: The staff is very friendly in the casino, the buffet and the Baja Blue restaurant (which is only open on Fridays and Saturdays). The front desk check-in was amazing and the girl working was one of the friendliest people I have ever met.
The bartenders were wonderful, the girls in the spa were awesome also.

Now the bad. I ate at the cafe 3 times. First night for dinner. The salmon came out raw, the vegetables were cold and my rice was very hard in the shape of a dome. I hate to complain but when the server saw I wasn't eating, I showed him my meal. He gave me soy sauce to get the rice soft. Really?? The manager comped the meal since I didn't touch it. I went back 2 more times for breakfast, but they never got my eggs cooked right. Over medium does not mean hard yolks. Anyway, the kicker of the whole trip was housekeeping. I left a $5 tip each day with a note saying thank you. 1st day, didn't vacuum the carpet, didn't refill toilet paper, left no toiletries, left no cups for the coffee maker and missed one trash can. Ok somebody had an off day. 2nd day = I'll keep it short. Worse than the first day. Last day housekeeping never showed up. I called at 5:45pm and requested a glass and some shampoo. The girl asked me if I still wanted my room cleaned. I said nevermind. I tried to leave a survey on their tv system but it wouldn't work. Then I tried watching a movie my last night. It was disabled unless I wanted to come down and give them a credit card. I said just charge it to the card I checked in with. She said they don't keep that information.

Will try another hotel next time. It just left a bad taste in my mouth even with the friendly staff in the casino.

Room Tip: The adult tower is closest to all the action, the pool and the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank animationnation
Canton, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I drove from Texas to Laughlin. We drove on the old Route 66 Hwy. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking. Casinos popped up in the middle of nowhere at the foot of mountains and were like an oasis in the middle of deserts. It was a long tiring drive but I couldn't sleep because I was afraid I would miss a good picture. When we arrived at Laughlin I was amazed. A mini Vegas appeared along the Colorado River. Everything you could want right on the river. Restaurants, shops, hotels, pools, entertainment..not to mention casinos, 11 I think.. everything. I was in awe... OK, I'm a country girl, but it was something to see. I will definetly be going back

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Cherry P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Days Inn Bullhead City
Days Inn Bullhead City
#1 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!