“Needs to be refurbished”
Review of Harrah's Laughlin

Harrah's Laughlin
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Wife and I stayed here Sept 17th for two days. I had always wanted to stay here but usually cost was out of the question. They were having a special and was finally able to stay. When we arrived we were told only a handicap room was available. I'm not fond of those rooms simply because they are designed for a handicapped person which we are not. Example being the bathroom. Shower had this huge fold down bench in it which was very much in the way of someone not needing it. Shower head was on this long hose which was awful to use. The bathroom just did not feel clean. Everything about the hotel is very old and dated. We found ourselves going to the other hotel casinos to have fun. Slots were very tight and was not an exciting atmosphere, which is what you expect when going to a casino resort. I will say the buffet was very good but at the same time over priced. No coffee in rooms or comp wifi. My excitement of staying quickly turned to dissapointment. Air conditioning barely kept room cool and the pillows were absolutely horrible.

2  Thank Jerry M
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Laughlin

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Good,the Bad and the Ugly............
A great Deal will use this offer again. Very well organized from departure in Long Beach to Laughlin. Bus transportation was waiting our arrival. No hassle Pre-Check-in at Harrah's on arrival. Baggage was delivered to our room as advertised.

Bus transportation back to airport arrived on time and as scheduled. Baggage pull from our room worked fine. But, had a long wait at the airport to claim our luggage prior to check-in.
Allegiante Airlines was also under staffed to handle 150+ people checking in at the same time.

Aircraft was OVER-FUELED which resulted in a 40 minute delay in departure and a gross waste of fuel and energy resource while we sat at the gate and on the runway ramp burning off excess fuel to get aircraft back into weight balance. This delay resulted in a late arrival at Long Beach

2  Thank Chaz M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very good hotel and very good price! Great and big room, a small beach next to the Colorado River. Not in the center but you can take the water taxi to go to the other casino for 4 $! People that works there are very helpfull and the Buffet was very good... A great hotel and Casino!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Eddy D
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visited Harrahs Laughlin for two nights. We have visited many times as Harrahs and the Golden Nugget are far and away the best places to stay in Lauglin.

The plusses of Harrahs is its own beach, an outstanding Breakfast Buffet, and its isolation from the other hotels on the river. The negatives are the horrendous check in lines where even on a Friday there is never more than three employees working check in. We waited 20 minutes this last visit but have waited as long as 45 minutes.

We made this last reservation on 8/4 for a river view room in the central tower. We also requested a non smoking room with a king size bed. We put down a deposit for one night.
At check in at 7:00 we were told that all the river view rooms were gone and we could have a smoking room with a king bed or a non smoking room with two full size beds. but not what I requested. I explained that I put a deposit on the river view room.. The attendent said she try to see what she could do and went in the back for 10 minutes. When she returned she said she couldn't help us and that I would have to take a room that overlooked the parking lot! She explained that the hotel only guarantees a room, not a room type. This is unacceptable; if you visit Hawaii and you book an oceanfront room would you get a garden room upon arrival? I think not!

So we will not be visiting Harrahs any longer if we cannot get there by 4:00 as the do not "reserve" the room you book at the time you make the reservation.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a particular room (river view) and can't get to the hotel at che...
2  Thank exrammfan
Reviewed September 24, 2012

On a recent trip to Laughlin, I stayed at both this hotel and at the Golden Nugget -- I much prefer the Nugget. My room was free; I would have been very disappointed if it was a paid stay. The rooms were clean, however the hallways were dirty, stained and in desperate need of vacuuming (which never happened the two nights I was there). After the first night, I understood the mess and trash in the halls. Families stayed at the hotel cramming 6-12 people in a room (way over the maximum). Many spent the day at the river, and then left their kids alone in the rooms while they went gambling at night. Needless to say, I didn’t get a good night rest. With a good 1” gap under the door (the second night I found blocking the gap with a towel helped some) I heard everything. Kids running up and down the hall after midnight, babies crying at 2:00 am in the hallway….since I’m an early morning riser, I considered reciprocating the fun with the families and waking the kids up at 6:00 (but I refrained).
The beds were comfortable, my view was wonderful, service was good – but not as nice as the Nugget.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the family tower unless you are a loud family
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank surfinginflorida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a great time on a charter package at Harrah's Laughlin. Our suite was clean and had a good view of the river and Laughlin "strip". Had fun in the casino--we both hit royal flushes the first two days. The Beach Cafe is a great 24/7 restaurant --the fish & chips were excellent as was the chicken cordon bleu. All the staff throughout the property was friendly. Laughlin has a quieter, more laid back, older folk vibe. We enjoyed it a lot.
The day we left, we noticed footprints all over the walls of the parking garage--not sure why or how folks did it, but it must have taken years to get so many footprints and it was kinda artful. Will include pics.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We come here once in awhile as it really nice to stay on the Colorado River in the middle of the desert. It is a mini-Vegas and when you come in to town at night, the lights are really beautiful. We usually get to Laughlin (you land in Bullhead, AZ across the river which is very cool) and stay one night and usually cut out to Vegas the next day in a rent-a-car, also done at the airport in Bullhead (too small to call it a city, it is a town) It was 102 degrees everyday in NV when we were there in Sept - just loved that dry heat. Vegas of course is amazing and when you come back to Laughlin, you really FEEL the difference. The rooms, yes, are older and smell musty and moist (bring candles) but the beds are comfortable and the room has A/C and the rooms have tubs (but the tubs are tiny!) The hallways and rooms are not as clean as I would like them to be, that would be their biggest downfall. And no free WIFI.
The whole place just needs some updating. The hotel itself has slots of course and table games, a really nice gift shop, McDonalds, Baskin Robbins, Cinnabon, a kids' arcade, and has a buffet that has been voted best in Laughlin (We ate there, not bad - comped so free always tastes best!). There is a high end steak house called The Range that we heard about but apparently as nice as the room is, it takes 3 1/2 hours to eat there. No thanks! The Beach Cafe for lunch was meh at best.
I would for sure stay at Harrah's Laughlin again but of course we woulld book it back to Vegas for a visit. Nothing compares to Sin City. The ride in is 90 min and with the sun setting behind the beautiful canyons on your way there or back, you will be singing Tequila Sunrise by the Eagles just like I did.
If staying in Laughlin, there are many other casinos to visit, the riverside has a walkway apparently and you can rent jet skis on the river or take a day/dinner cruise. Harrah's also has a small beach on its property which is nice as the pool it has only gets shade after 3pm.
The Diamond Lounge for preferred members if you get to go in there and snack for free - forget about it, Dark, dingy and the food is crap.
There is a non-smoking area of Harrah's that I appreciated as the smoke just gets too much.
Harrah's it what is is for now and for sure I would come back. The staff are very accommodating.

Room Tip: Tower 2 was good, quiet, exits off the elevator into a non-smoking area unlike tower 1 and tower 2 w...
1  Thank islandhopper72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Lodge on the River
Lodge on the River
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!