“Smelly halls” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Minnesota
“Smelly halls”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2006

Stayed here with 3 others for a golf outing. As soon as we hit the hallway heading to the elevator everyone commented on the stink. Once we reached our 5th floor, again the hall smelled bad. I realize this is an older place but it really isn't that bad of a place but the stink is enough to make you feel the whole place is dirty. I won't think it would take that much effort to resolve.

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank marleyjbear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Korean first
scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2006

We stayed at the Edgewater in June 2005 for 10 days, we had a River view romm which was cleaned every day, fresh towels every day as well. We ate breakfast most days at the buffet at the Edgewater, the buffet was excellent, good value for the money, we ate dinner at the Colorado Belle a couple of times again the food was great, a lot more than you would get back home in scotland for the price. We also ate at the Ramada Express wasnt impressed by either the breakfast or dinner there. The only thing I didnt like about the Edgewater casino was that we couldnt find a non smoking area all the other casinos had one. While we were there we also travelled to see the Grand canyon, london bridge and the quaint town of Oatman where they have gunfights to raise money for charity. Also my husband enjoyed the fishing on the Colorado river. We had and excellent time then we went to vegas for three days before coming home, and stayed at the Boardwalk hotel, which has now been knocked down thats a shame as it vas a good hotel. But I would reccomend the Edgewater.

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank whitfm03
Canoga Park
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2006

The Edgewater is pretty basic although they have 2 classes of basic rooms – the tower and the older courtyard. If you request a tower room with a river view and coffee service You will pay about $20 more than a basic room. There is a Free boat launch next door at the Riverside which can get crowded on weekends. There is a boat parking lot that requires a shuttle the hotel will allow you to park your vessel in the front lot as well.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank jkling
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2006

Well just got back from Travelscopes Vegas, GC and hollywood tour and all i can say is me ( Michelle ) and Alan had the most fantastic time !!!
It was just like going on holiday with 40 friends and very sad to have to say goodbye to them all.
The edgewater yes is dated but if all you do is sleep in it then you won`t see it with your eyes closed LOL !!! It`s clean and comfortable what more do you want
Buffet great and trips great and if your lucky enough to get SCOTT as your rep you will not be disappointed. Nothing was too much for this lad - I now consider him as one of my friends. Feel free to contact me I have included e-mail if either you were on the trip or want more info !!! Thanks Michelle & Alan XX

• Stayed March 2004
13 Thank michel
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2006

My daughter's soccer team stayed at the Edgewater Casino Hotel in Laughlin, Nevada February 24-25, 2006. We expected lots of smoke from the casino, which is always bad, but the bathroom in my room smelled like sewage. Aside from that HUGE negative, the hotel wasn't terrible, considering the incredibly low prices. It is necessary to upgrade to a deluxe room in order to get a clock, blow dryer and coffee maker. There are always long lines for the buffet and two other restaurants, but the food is decent and cheap. Would probably stay here again under similar circumstances, as my other friends did not have the same bathroom smell problem.

10 Thank Pat R
Warwickshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2006

Would never stay here again. Would never use Travelscope again. The whole package GC, Vegas, Hollywood, one big joke. Hollywood for 45 minutes!! Vegas 1.5 hours!! To see more of Vegas we had to pay to go back the next day. Best part of trip was the GC, would go there again but under my own stam and DEFINITELY NOT WITH TRAVELSCOPE!!
Edgewater very very basic, dull, depressing air to it. But then was not overly impressed with Laughlin. Ah well, at least I know never to go back

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank MaryFairy034
Tyne & Wear, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2006

We stayed here (Sedona Tower 22nd floor?) for 2 nights in February 2006 as part of an organised tour group.

The hotel was ok, rooms were clean and of a good size. Bathroom could've done with a refurb, but was clean (no bath - just a shower).

The pool and spa area were good - I used it at around 6.00pm one evening and there were only a few other guests there.

We used the hotel as a base while we were visiting Vegas and the Grand Canyon. For this purpose it was fine, although for me there didn't seem to be a great deal to interest me in Laughlin (I'm not a big gambler!)

All the hotel staff were friendly and helpful... except for the young man working in Dairy Queen who obviously wasn't happy in his work. I felt like I was inconveniencing him just wanting to purchase something - definite lack of customer care experience. Overall though service at the hotel was good.

This is a budget hotel - as long as you remember that you might even be pleasantly surprised! It wasn't the nicest hotel we stayed at during our trip, but it wasn't the worse either. If I ever visited Laughlin again I'd consider staying here.

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank WJ33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,612 reviews

Been to Edgewater Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!