“Get the Boat rooms, they're the good ones!”

Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Had a good time @ the Belle our last visit. We had upgraded to the boat rooms (above the casino floor) from other members recommendations on Tripadvisor. These are nice rooms w/ good furnishings, large bathrooms, a fridge, coffeemaker and close proximity to the casino.
I believe most of the negative reviews were the rooms that are adjecent to the casino through the breezeway, NOT the boat rooms.
The first night Laughlin had a huge rain/hail/windstorm that left moisture in the airducts and I was told this can cause the sensors on the alarms to go off. The blasting alarms went off throughout the night so our first night wasn't any fun for teh whole casino, but all was well the next day. I'll take it as an anamoly, and won't hesitate to stay here again. Just request the boat rooms and I think you'll be satisfied.

The casino was very busy, lively & fun, the machines were looser than the other Laughlin properties we went to as well.

We ate at the Fri night Crab/Prime Rib buffet and the Crab & Prime Rib was very good, the rest of the buffet offerings were just OK though. If you just hit 'em up for the Crablegs & Prime Rib you'll get a good meal for the money.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank blnewt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,834)

Reviewed August 30, 2010

Our room was not very clean. Hair in the tub, shower did not look very clean. This hotel does NOT use fitted sheets! So you have a "top sheet" on the mattress which continually slides off and exposes the mattress. Gross.
We asked housekeeping for extra sheets (they only have top sheets) and we put several on the bed to make sure mattress stayed covered. The blanket looked dirty, and the carpet was not very clean. The TV is small, old, and on a cheap TV stand. It only offered a very few channels (guess they would prefer if you stay out of your room and gamble downstairs). The elevators and walls just looked old, like they needed to be cleaned or updated.
The buffet was mediocre, but they do not even offer a discount if you have a players card. If you have comps on your card, they do not let you use it towards the Saturday breakfast buffet. Most hotels give you a discount with players card, so we found that strange. There was also no discount for kids eating the buffet unless they were under 8, and believe me a 10 year old does NOT eat that much.
Their slot machines are tight. We had several people in our group, and no one won even a small jackpot. As I walked around the casino, I did not see anyone winning. I went down to the Aquarius and won $238 on a Penny machine and my husband won $55 on a penny machine at Aquarius as well.
On a positive note, the Colorado Belle did seem to offer a big variety of restaurants in their hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jasonshannon76
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Belle for almost 20 years, both summer and winter. We've always liked the place. This last trip will be just that, our last. The bathroom had shaving remnence in the sink, TP in the bowl and I'm pretty sure the towels were re-hung, not replaced. The carpet was dirty and the sliding door to the balcony needed to be wiped clean. The light on the desk was burned out as well.

Service throughout the hotel is stellar. The staff were all very friendly. The "Boiler Room" is going through a change and no longer sells or makes craft beer. Dinner at Mark Twain's was dry and the ribs were over cooked, burned to the point of being inedible. When I told the waitress this, she said "I'm sorry" and walked away.

Hard times must have hit the Belle as well as the rest of America as I would now classify this hotel as a DUMP. We will have to find a new favorite hotel for our next 20 years!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Scubarich99
Reviewed July 27, 2010

For the price, it's all right. The non smoking room smelled terrible. We thought they put us in a smoking room by mistake. When we called downstairs to tell them that they must of put is in a smoking room they assured is that it wasn't and would sent housekeeping in to spray some air freshener.
The pool I must say is nice. There are NO Hairdryers but they did bring us one to borrow for an hour which was nice.
The hotel is just old and not kept up but if you want an inexpensive room and don't mind the smell of cigarette smoke, go for it.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank HarleyLover
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We always stay at the Belle,great employees and service,no complaints,
have players card,get free rooms and dinners,enjoy the casino,good winnings if you like to gamble,

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank butchsbarn
Reviewed July 11, 2010

When we got to the room the tv was the size of a book! The beds were taped and glued together which I noticed when I was reading the newspaper. Then the room smelled like it hasn't been cleaned for years and there was ants in the bathroom and the shower would turn cold hot and back and fourth so if I were u I would pick a different hotel!

Reviewed July 6, 2010

I keep giving the belle a chance,they have balcony riverveiw rooms that I get for free...but they are not doing anything to spruce up the hotel...carpet still in bad shape, my room was not vacuumed upon arrival and there was something on the floor around the toilet..We`ve been coming here on and off for over 20 years.The buffet has always been bad and we never eat anywhere but mark twains,which has always been excelent,untill,this last time...terrible service and terrible food...check-in was great,dealers were nice....The mailing they sent us for $15 comp was miss-printed and they would`nt honor it,until,my husband kept up and went to several"managers" and finally got his but not mine.........I think I`m done with the colorado belle also very loud,I think they pipe in the sounds of winning slot machines

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julesmama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
1 mi away
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!