“Very nice value hotel”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Lisbon, New York
“Very nice value hotel”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Stayed here 1 night as we flew into Las Vegas and were driving down to visit relatives in Arizona before returning to Las Vegas for a few days before flying home. We wanted to shave 90 minutes from the trip to Arizona the next day. Hotel is easy to find in Laughlin (about 90 minute drive from Las Vegas) It is very prominent as the big paddle wheel themed hotel and casino. It is right on the Colorado River a stone’s throw from Arizona right across the small river. They have boardwalks, and picnic areas to walk around on the grounds of the hotel. The casino is in the paddleboat part of the structure serve as is the main entrance. It is gloriously decorated in the casino, restaurants, shops and the public areas are like a lot of Las Vegas hotels. The rooms are plainer, but the paddleboat theme is nicely carried throughout. It appears that this was possibly several hotels that they joined. We were in the New Orleans tower which has the nicer pool, waterfall and Jacuzzi outdoors in a central court yard. The other tower has a smaller pool. We paid $24.00 a night so we were willing to overlook a lot of imperfections that were not obvious unless you looked for them. Room was simple and tastefully decorated. The carpet looked fairly new. The TV was old and on a stand. There was cable but no premium channels (they obviously want you gambling downstairs) The bathroom was plain and white, amenities were sparse. There was no tub but there was a shower stall with a corner seat molded into the mold to sit on. Water pressure was good and hot. There were two night tables, a dresser, table and chairs and several lamps. There were few outlets and were thankful for the extension cord we brought, as the few they had were inconvenient. There was no hairdryer, coffeemaker or iron. I was able to get WiFi in our room with my laptop. There was a charge of $5.99 for 60 consec minutes, $7.99 for 1 day, $14.00 for 3 days and $24.00 for 7 days. We did not buy the internet as we had our Blackberries and they worked fine. If you are really picky and for $24.00/night we were not, we found the following negatives: The showerhead pipe was out of the wall a couple of inches surrounded by a hole and the fixture itself was rusty. We had a safe in our room that you put a quarter in each time you locked in and took the key. Unfortunately when we tried to use it, it was jammed and the key would not come out. We ended up just locking things in our suitcase, as it was not important to us. We did not tell the hotel until after we checked out so we cannot comment on whether they would have fixed it promptly or not.
We ate at the dinner buffet (Captain’s buffet) - again a nice nautical theme and delicious food. It was cheaper if you showed your player card. They had an upscale Italian restaurant, and a Mark Twain rib place that was closed when we were there. There were security guards around and we felt safe although you could go from the casino to the room hallways and up in the elevator without showing your room card or using it to access those areas. That meant that anyone in the casino could access the hallways and could be lurking in the winding corridors.
The only real concern is if you book this hotel, make sure you ask to stay very close to the casino if you have trouble walking. It is spread out and the hallways go in endless circles. There seems there could be more elevators placed around as the floors cover a huge area. (here is where you get the feeling it was more than one hotel that joined and merged-you get a mouse in a maze feeling trying to find you room., and the hallways are endless) For the money this is an excellent hotel to stay in for a few days especially if your focus is gambling and maybe using the nice pools.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Susanrita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Czech first
Tucson arizona
Reviewed February 5, 2010

This casino is a rude joke to the casino public, we couldnt bet $25 dollars without
a rookie pit boss sweating the action. The upper management doesnt deserve the
bonusus they recieve. The dealers are affraid to lose a hand because they feel
its there job to take custumers money. I couldnt believe the way the shift boss was acting. I tried to get a complimentery meal to the Orleans room and they said we hadnt
played enough. We spent over $5,000 dollars in 20 minutes I believe thats warranted
a nice meal, if we recieve that meal we would have spent more. And what is this switching out of dealers from blackjack to an empty roullette table? All because he lost a few hands in a row. I was watching these unbelievable moves that the floor peole where
making, all of this was to justify there job. I guess thats why you dont need a college education to work as a floor supervisor. I am imbarrassed for this casino and others like it..

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank gkmax_10

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

California
Reviewed January 29, 2010

My husband and I had stayed at the Colorado Belle for four years running, always in the suite with the huge jacuzzi tub. The service was always great and it always seemed like our home away from home! ...until this last trip. We booked a week in a suite to treat ourselves and it was a hot mess. We waited forever to check in AND WE HAVE PLAYER'S CLUB CARDS! The room was fine as was the housekeeping staff, they were very helpful and always supplied extra towels and soaps for us, but the rest of the hotel has gone downhill.
PADDLEWHEEL: Don't do it. This used to be a great cafe to eat in and now it's just plain terrible. The food took forever and it was cold by the time it got to us. I walked up to the cash register one evening to see about ordering just a glass of milk and tried asking the cashier if I could buy it direct from her and she started screaming at me in front of other customers about how I needed to wait for a table. (I of course screamed back that I would be contacting a manager) The excuse I got from management was that the hotel was not responsible for the Paddlewheel's employees behavior because they had been outsourced. What?? If they are in your facility shouldn't you have some type of responsibility to your customers!!??
I went to get ice from the ice machine and the top half of the machine fell off and hit me in my shoulder. We called downstairs just to make them aware of the situation and they sent security up to take pictures of me. We complained to the management again about poor maintenance on their facilities and that if the machine would have hit a poor old lady it really could have hurt someone...they just left the cover of the machine off and offered us a free nights stay in one of their regular rooms to shut us up.
Getting a drink was a joke. The cocktail staff has been slashed by more than half, so you might as well brink a cup down from your room.
The fitness center is an absolute joke. There was an all in one weight machine which looked like it was out of the seventies, a broken down treadmill that we couldn't get to work, a bicycle from the sixties and an eliptical that sounded like it was going to fall apart when I tried to use it. My husband tried calling someone to come and replace the water bottle because it was steaming hot in the room (yes room, it is no bigger than one of the hotel rooms, probably smaller) and they told us to go to the gift shop and buy water!!! It's a lawsuit waiting to happen!
Upon check out we complained to the manager about our miserable stay and she said that since the outsourcing of many of the gift shops/diners and so on had happened they were still trying to work out the "kinks". No apology, no nothing.
We won't ever stay here again, which is really quite sad because this place used to be the absolute best. We will now be staying at the Riverside which offers way friendly staff, excellent shops and diners, etc. I was really disappointed that this happened, I used to love the Belle.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MountainGrrrl
Galt, California
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I have read several negative reviews on the Belle but those people would complain anywhere they stayed.
My wife and I spent Christmas week there and I have never slept in a more comfortable king size bed. All the service personal were very friendly and polite. We found the room to be very clean and comfortably arranged. I couldn't ask for better food and the price was unbelieveable. Overall I rate this casino among the best.
It is close to a lot of interesting places for day trips. We have stayed here before and I will stay there again. The price for the room and food can't be beat.
Grady Morgan

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gradyh
Missouri
Reviewed November 3, 2009

After driving 1500 miles to get to Laughlin, The Colorado Belle is an oasis in the desert. Best price on the river(we stayed 9 nights for about $150) awesome service, lovely pools, and hot tub. We had a water leak in our bathroom, called the front office and they immediatly upgraded us to a river view room with a private balcony, and trust me you cant beat the view. The only bad thing I can say about the Colorado Belle is you have to leave sometime, and you will miss it until you get back. My heart is in Laughlin. Thank you Colorado Belle.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jvorhees13
california
Reviewed October 16, 2009

It was my first time going to Laughlin and I was traveling with my boyfriend and his parents. I had read multiple negative reviews about the hotel before the trip, so I was a bit worried about staying at the hotel. However, I found that for the most part, the hotel was great and the price is unbeatable. We stayed for 5 days and I loved every second of it! We were lucky that we stayed in rooms that they had recently upgraded the beds, and I kid you not- the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in my entire life! My boyfriends dad ended up calling all over to try to find out what type of bedding it was after the trip. Definitely was great going back to the room after a long day/night of gambling and being able to relax on a mattress that made me feel like we paid $1000/night instead of $30. The casino had a good variety of slot machines that were decently loose which was nice after being used to Vegas and the tight slots they have now. The location is great too because you are pretty much in the middle of the riverwalk so you can reach all the casinos by foot without having to trek a long distance! The only thing I would say needed work was the buffet which we did not eat at due to lack of variety and cleanliness. Overall the stay was fantastic for the price and staying there was a great choice, we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank singingsensazn
Nevada
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I was leary to stay here after reading all the negative reviews, but after staying here I had to write a review myself. Compared to the other hotels, the outside is not as big or pretty as the big hotels but once I opened the door to the room I was pleasantly surprised. Very nice looking rooms, very comfortable bed. I even liked the pillows. Also had hair dryer and coffee maker with complimentary coffee. One of these reviews said there was no hair dryer so I packed mine and didn't need it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lb0456
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,266 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!