“Very Disappointed in Laughlin Golden Nugget”

Golden Nugget Laughlin
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very Disappointed in Laughlin Golden Nugget”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was looking forward to resting after being on the road for over seven hours, which means a nice bed. What my wife and I found out upon entering our room was a bed that was made but looked as if someone took a short nap. it was unkempt and disheveled. When the bellman came up to deliver our luggage I pointed the condition of the bed to him, but he did not seem care at all. When we went downstairs to the casino I stopped by at the front desk and mentioned how we found the bed, but again they did not seem to care. This definitely was disappointing since I've stayed at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas and was never ignored as in Laughlin. In addition to the issue with the bed we found the room to be old and it had a musty odor. This will be the last time I stay it this Golden Nugget in Laughlin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Rick505505

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've previously stayed at the Aquarius and were looking for a change - hopefully for the better. We were a bit disappointed with our room. The A/C did work but the room did have a slight musty odor. The room was a little smaller than a room at the Aquarius. A weird thing about rooms: we were there with friends and our rooms were directly across from one another. Coffee in their room was free while it was $1.50 in our room. Same room, nothing different but the charge for coffee. Strange. What stands out at this hotel are the restaurants: Saltgrass, Harlow's, and Bubba Gump. These restaurants were very good. The casino had a good selection of slot machines and one could experience good wins.

Room Tip: Only rooms facing East have a view (pool/river). Other rooms see the parking garage or a grassy are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SCABob
Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

After traveling 10 hours I was in hopes that this would be a good location to stop for the night. It differently was anything but a good choice.... The hotel had no bellmen available, the elevator was out so we had to lug our luggage from the lot garage all the way trough the hotel, literally are room was close to the downed elevator and without a cart!!!
The room was billed as there best... we had an unplugged, unusable refrigerator in the middle of the entryway for the entire stay. The room was worn and could have been cleaner, mold and in need of repairs in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Laughlin, AZ.....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kloklahoma
Centennial, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

True story of our 4 hour stay here...checked in at 12:15 into a suite (we were on our honeymoon), elevator nearest lobby was broken...got to suite, it was 79 degrees. Turned on air conditioner, half hour later no change. Called front desk, they said they would send someone up. Half hour later called again as no one had showed up. Got put on hold for 10 minutes then hung up. Called back to front desk, told them I was the guy they put on hold and forgot about and that no one had showed up tp fix the air. No apology from front front desk, they just said they would send someone up again. Half hour later we went to lobby and I asked to speak to the manager. Told her what was going on, that we were going out to eat, she said our room would be fixed/cool when we got back. Came back two hours later and as we entered the hotel, saw the manager as she was leaving. She saw us and had a look on her face like "oh %^&$" and, I am not making this up, literally walked as fast as she could away from us and got on the parking garage elevator. I told my wife then that the air was not fixed. Sure enough, got to the room and it was 81 degrees. I nominate Amber Macintosh for Chicken$#*t Manager of the Year. We called front desk and they told us that they had two air conditioning units for the hotel and that one was down and they were working on fixing it. Thats when we decided to go somewhere else. When I complained to the next manager about everything I got the standard "I am sorry but these things happen" line.

My main issues are they didnt tell us from the beginning there was a major problem with the air and also that management doesnt have the guts to face a guest with bad news. There policy is to lie and not deal with it. This place is a broken down dump and management is dishonest and has zero integrity.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank BigARev
Liberty, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Colorado Belle before and visited many of these casino hotels. We wanted to try somewhere different on this trip, and we were not disappointed. The room was very nice and clean. It had a beautiful view of the pool and river as well. We did have to call and book this room specifically. It was not available on the internet. Room was only $46/night so we felt like it was a steal. Of all the casinos we enjoyed this one the most. We did eat at Bubba Gumps and Saltgrass which are on the property, and they were both very good. The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows not so much. We had a Keurig in the room which I wasn't expecting so that was an added bonus. They provided us with 2 free bottled waters a day and had a goody basket in the room with snacks available for purchase if you were interested. I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the river. Excellent views!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank llbrn73
Beaumont, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I can only put 200 characters for this review, but I could write an essay on how terrible our experience was here, I'll try to sum it up.

They gave us the wrong room, even though I had paid for it 5 months in advance directly through them, not another company. They would not fix their mistake, and I had documents to prove what I paid for. They were horribly rude. And we had to go back 5 times to get things fixed in our room that they said they would take care of.
The room itself smelled horrible. They gave us a rollaway because they messed our room up, but we didn't get it until 1:00am! The rollaway bed felt like they found it on the side of the road and put a sheet over it. Also, they tried to charge us for the bed even though it was their mistake and didn't take it off until I showed them documented proof that they messed up. I could say a lot more, but don't have anymore room. Avoid this place at all cost! I stay at a lot of hotels, including ones in Laughlin, and this was the worst by far.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank andrew s
Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had a great stay at the Golden Nugget in Laughlin. We have stayed at other hotels in the area and this one was by far the nicest and cleanest room we have ever had. Check in was speedy and loved our river view room. The Saltgrass Steakhouse is very good and the eggs benedict at Harlows is one of the best I have had. I highly recommend staying here rather than any other place.

Room Tip: I recommend a river view room. Not only do they overlook the river but the pool as well.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,989 reviews

Been to Golden Nugget Laughlin? Share your experiences!