“Some not so good....but, mainly good”

Golden Nugget Laughlin
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Bakersfield, California
“Some not so good....but, mainly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

First of all, the desk staff out front have to change. They are unfriendly and unhelpful (but I did find this to be true of a lot of hotel staff at other hotels in Laughlin, too). The room was very nice, the best I've ever seen in Laughlin. The restaurants were ALL AMAZING. Saltgrass had wonderful help and the filet mignon was to die for. The pool was only so so.....not a resort type atmosphere but they do have poolside bar service and will deliver food out there, too. The waitress and waiter that came out to order and bring food were helpful and kind. The housekeeping staff were also very kind. But, for the price, I would definitely stay here again. They do not have any "family friendly" amenities here, though. Not a good choice for kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Polish first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped in Laughlin for a two day mid-week stay. It was very empty. When we approached the check in, we were told that we had to wait until 3:00 for a room and none were guaranteed until 4:30. (It was 1:30 pm). The elderly check in lady made no attempt to change the pre assigned room to one that was ready. Fortunately, we had things to do so I did not call the front desk service manager. Ironically, when we came back @ 4:00, the room was still not "ready", but the very kind (and younger - they should hire more smiling face employees) - gladly assigned us to another room. We chose to go to the Colorado Belle for our gambling experiences

There are many choice in Laughlin and we come twice a year. We will find a different place - Sorry management - but maybe this can be used as a training method. Do not send guests away - just because you are too lazy to reassign the room - they may not come back.

Room Tip: Do not let them delay your vacation - call a front desk manager if you can not get a room after 2:00...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank TravelingDeuce
Kingman, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I travel to Laughlin frequently and I stayed approximately 3 months ago but I do travel frequently there because of my frequent trips, I do receive extra good benefits. However, I would not rate the hotel as being excellent if it was not. I request a handicap room now and have for the past year. I don't know how this fits in here but they do send out cards like all the hotels do when they know someone likes to travel frequently to the hotel. There is one other hotel in Laughlin that I like to go to and I will make a review about it later on.
They were excellent in their service. I always get good help there when I pull into valet. They bend over backwards before they know what tip they will get. For all they know, I might give them a dollar. Not my way. But point is they do everything to make you happy you came and have never lost my car. Then the bell service was great. They take all your suitcases and give you and ticket and have never lost anything. They keep it until you call from the room. The management at the desk treats you as if you are the only customer there and come around the desk to help the handicapped. I ordered room service the first night because I was tired. Absolutely, wonderful service. And the restaurant that I like is Joe's Crab Shack , and I like sitting out overlooking the river for dinner. Good service and good food. All the hotels offer incentives to return to their hotels in Laughlin and in Las Vegas, Nevada and I wish to point out this occurs with all the hotels and if this is a problem, then Trip Advisor should say that this doesn't count, however, everyone in the area receives these cards to offer discounts, if you visit frequently or have a club card for the machines.

Room Tip: You can ask for a river view and it might cost more. I did not check into that but the hotel is loca...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Betty W
Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We checked into this hotel and the room had hair in the sink and around the toilet, desk was dirty, and the rug had not been vacuumed. We complained and were given another room. This room had toothpaste in the sink, something on the bathroom floor, desk dirty cobwebs on the furniture. We complained and they sent up housekeeping for a complete cleaning. The rooms are old and furnishings need replacing. I can't understand the people who have given this hotel good ratings. We would never stay here again. If you want to see how a room should look, check out the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank eld963
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our second stay at Golden Nugget was just as good as our first. Standards remain high and our veranda room was ideal. The staff are so friendly and helpful. In our view, this is probably the nicest hotel in Laughlin, providing good value for money. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Veranda rooms are ideal for sitting out in the early morning or evening. They are within a short dis...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lincoln49
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Came to Laughlin for a bachelor party for the 3rd time. This was the first time at the Golden Nugget but I will say it was a nice stay. We booked a group at got a rate of $55/night for a Friday and Saturday in late June. It was the best rate out of the nicer hotels in Laughlin.

A friend and I decided to go in the night before at the last minute. We arrived at 1am and were accommodated as soon as we got there. The front desk girls were great. They were funny as well as able to get us a nice room at a great rate of $35 for the night even though we got there so late.

We had a nice room. Don't get me wrong these are still economy rooms. Do not expect rooms that you would see on the strip in vegas. The room need a little love but for the price paid we could not complain. We ran all around the casino and were treated very well the whole time.

I would recommend the Golden Nugget to anyone going to Laughlin. Oh and we did have coffee in our rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ledieff
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is great!! Rooms are clean, recently remodeled and didn't smell of smoke. Very reasonably prices. I loved the front lobby with the waterfall and all the foliage. It felt like walking into a tropical paradise. Word of caution, forego the cafe in the morning. We tried twice and both times the food was good, but the service really was very bad. A person could die of starvation waiting for the food and then have to order again waiting for the check.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard view room. Less noise from the riverboats and most face inward so the sun won't...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnnaBelle B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,952 reviews

Been to Golden Nugget Laughlin? Share your experiences!