“Not bad for the price...but not good for a penny more!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Nugget Laughlin

and 1 more site!
Golden Nugget Laughlin
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
“Not bad for the price...but not good for a penny more!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and the food easy and good. We paid $44 a night for the upgraded rooms which promised a river view. The room was fine but we didn't get a river view as promised and were told none were available. The rooms were clean and the only real complaint was the soft water, which I'm sure is a preference issue and not really something I'd hold against the hotel.
The restaurant was good BUT there were dozens of tiny white spiders all over our table. We were told they were from the indoor plants all around. This wasn't a good enough explanation and a real problem in my opinion.

I'd stay here again I suppose but probably look around a bit too if I return to Laughlin.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank steveNmonica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Polish first
Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed for one night whilst travelling in Nevada. The service was OK, as was the room. It was nothing special and we would try somewhere else if we had to stay in Laughlin again. I would suggest eating elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 904TravellingChef
Sun Valley, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I booked a two night stay online for $25p/d wasn't expecting it to be amazing, but was still let down. To begin with they only had a double bed room available for me and my spouse. Second, and worst thing in my opinion we got a "NON SMOKING" room, as soon as we walked in all we could smell was cigarette smoke, clearly people smoked in there a lot. We didnt mind too much, after a couple minutes we got used to the smell.However the second night I was awaken from so much smoke I couldnt breath, I think the ir conditioning vents were bringing in smoke from another room, or the people next to us were smoking ethier way it woke me up. The room was descent seemed old but clean. The shower however had a small amount of rust near the drain. They have a basket full of goodies for very affordable prices,in comparison to other places. Lastly the customer service was awful, I mean awful wow, I've worked in customer service before, I know its a pain but I mean, they were not helpful, lazy and rude.The front desk clerk was rude, and not friendly at all. We had to request and wait for someone to being help us with our luggage. I've always scene other hotels have those ready. The bell hop placed our luggage in and left in a hurry, we couldn't even tip him. I wouldn't go as far as to say this place was terrible though they had a nice pool overlooking the river, and a starbux and pretty good restaurants inside. If your on a tight budget and don't care were you stay, this place is for you. However next time I will be paying a little extra to feel more like on vacation.

Room Tip: call ahead and make a reservation facing the river
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank paul v
Wylie, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here one night while driving from Texas to California. I was surprised by how small the hotel itself was, with two four-story towers each about the size of a Fairfield Inn or Hampton Inn placed side by side. The room hadn't been refurbed since the Steve Wynn days at the latest, and it showed - but at $30 a night, I'm not complaining. If you want luxury, stay at the one in downtown Vegas. The parking garage was open enough to handle my big clunky cargo van, and Harlow's coffee shop was excellent. Probably the best bang-for-your-buck hotel between Kingman and Barstow - not that there's much competition.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank msr015100
Laughlin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed at the Golden Nugget and the rooms were very nice and clean and the price was great! Would stay here again anytime! In Laughlin it is right with the other casinos and within walking distance of all of them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Paul B
Bromley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed at the Golden Nugget Hotel on our way to the Grand Canyon. We were not impressed by the ground floor bedrooms. Very noisy AC which also produced a strange smell. In the shower I felt a cockroach climbing up my leg! It was very difficult for our teenage sons to reach the Crab Shack restaurant at the riverside as they were not allowed to walk - unaccompanied - though the (grubby looking) slotmachine hall to reach the restaurant area. Very small, dirty and warm swimming pool not recommended either. Breakfast restaurant was good.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the ground floor as people will walk past and more chance for cockroaches in the bathro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BromleyFamilyof4

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

St. George, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at the GN in Las Vegas and seeing the good reviews on Tripadvisor, we chose to stay here. We were very disappointed. The room was drab, the rugs worn and needing vacuuming, the bedding old and worn, the mattress sagged and we had to listen to the elevator next to our room all night. The group we traveled with had Thanksgiving dinner (buffet) at Harlows. We didn't care for that either. No one went for seconds. The pecan pie was good, though.
When I told the girl at the desk she was unconcerned. She asked if I called about the problems with the room. I said, your hotel, you people go in these rooms every day. Your telling me you don't know the condition of your rooms? She did not reply.
The hotel is worn and needs updating and a good cleaning.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Bob74742
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,612 reviews

Been to Golden Nugget Laughlin? Share your experiences!