“Such Friendly Staff and a Delightful Environment”

Golden Nugget Laughlin
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We are heading to Laughlin for a few days once again as winter has arrived and we always look forward to walking into the lush green entryway with all the beautiful foliage, fountains and friendly faces. We play and stay at this Laughlin Hotel because of just that. The machines are also a lot of fun and we seem to have good luck when we play although we are really penny and nickel slot players.
I just got off the phone with Mary in Hospitality and she rocks. Delightful, charming and always willing to assist us with accommodations and anything else we may need while we are there. The rooms are bright and clean, the restaurant serves great food and they just happen to be located on the riverwalk with easy access to several other delightful casino locations. Love it - stay there if in Laughlin.

Room Tip: we always choose the room with a king bed and we are always happy with it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharyn L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is very old and dated, but it is small clean and friendly! A great place for my husband and I to take my parents and just relax. It is right on the Colorado river and you can sit at the bar and gamble and watch the river. This hotel is smoky and although they are kid friendly it really is mostly older.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor with a river view!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sguidi
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We returned to the Golden Nugget yet again. This time we stayed on the 1st floor near the elevator. How convenient. Not at all noisy, except for some floor repair which was going on at 4:00 in the morning on two mornings of our stay.
The room was clean. The shower drain worked. A new flat screen TV was attached to the wall.
There are two issues that did bother me. One is that while it is a new TV, the reception was poor. There are times when there is no sound or the sound is garbled and you miss important dialogue or information. I'm not sure if this is a problem that the hotel can control or perhaps it is the cable provider's issue.
The second and most important issue to me is that there is no longer free wi-fi anywhere in the hotel! On top of that, after paying $9.95/day, you find that the download speed is very slow. If you want to watch a video, it is near impossible. With the old wi-fi, there was no such issue and it didn't cost a penny. Please return the free wi-fi. It was a bit inconvenient to get to the right spot in the hotel, but once there, it worked perfectly. A feature sorely missed.
I did report both issues to the front desk.
We've been here before and will return again. A Laughlin classic not to be missed.

Room Tip: Any room in the half of the hall nearest the lobby or elevator.
1  Thank Gymsan12
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I traveled to the Golden Nugget in Laughlin on a romantic getaway..we choose the Golden Nugget based on decent reviews of recent stays,
I enjoyed my overall experience. The Golden Nugget is one of the nice hotels in Laughlin..we had an upgraded Courtyard room. Very clean and spacious..a view of some green grass and trees no patio.
We had a Keurig Coffee Maker in the room which was great. They did not charge for coffee in this room. There is no mini fridge which would have made keeping drinks and water cold a little more simple...
The first night our toilet overflowed and maintenence had to come in and fix it..that was a bit unpleasant not to mention the mess...but they were prompt and got the job done.
Check in and Check out was easy...no issues.
I am rating this stay at a 3 Star because of the toilet issue, noisy kids as neighbors, and a little issue we had in the nightclub which I am hoping the Golden Nugget will address.
Friday evening we went to the Nightclub and loved it. It is a Sports Bar, turned DJ at night. We were in having drinks after dinner and we received a hand stamp after 10 to stay in for the DJ. We had such a good time that we went again on Saturday night after dinner and playin the slots. They had a nice sax player and when he was finished the DJ again. I had to use the ladies room so I asked if I needed a hand stamp. I was told if I left the club I would have to pay $10.00 to get back in. What? $10.00 to use the restroom? We had just ordered drinks. The table next to us had the same issue. I explained we were hotel guests and I was told it did not matter. I was told it was from the "higher ups" and tha'ts how it is.
Way to to Nugget...don't take care of your hotel guests..I am sure that will keep them coming back! You might want to rethink that..you had some upset guests. The club was not even crowded and your server should not have taken our drink order without explaining the club "rules"..we left, went to the Aquarius where we saw live music in a nicer club with no cover and choose to do our gambling there instead

Room Tip: Take an upgraded room if you can get it.
3  Thank Anita C
Reviewed October 10, 2012

absolutely the best of times....Had sooo much fun....And where can u get a breakfast for less than 2.00$...we loved the people at the front desk and every where else.....The drink girls were so polite and appreciative....And too top it off the jacuzzi was totally awesome....Can't wait too go back.....

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor....it was great....we had the courtyard view.....Very convenient too pool a...
5  Thank MonkeysMomHemet
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here on October 9, 2012. The hotel is very nice and the room is nicely decorated, however the carpet in our room was not very clean. We would probably stay here again because the price was reasonable

Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Ellen P
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Pretty much always stay at the Golden Nugget when in Laughlin. Very nice hotel, right in the middle, great location next to the river and some good gambling too. Rooms are usually cheap and service is great. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mlewis1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Golden Nugget Laughlin? Share your experiences!