We stayed at the Golden Nugget a year ago and she has not aged well this last year. But, the adage that you get what you pay for was very true. We took advantage of low room rates to visit family in the area, and the inexpensive rooms were a decent value although in bad need of refurburshing. The hotel was clean and quiet and once we got past check-in, the hotel and casino staff were delightful.
The main portion of the casino area is still smoking and for us California folk that are used to smoke-free, even the non-smoking area had the stale tobacco smell that clings to everything. I normally enjoy losing my money at the slots if I win a little, lose a little, but it is no fun to do nothing but lose. Same for the craps tables, everything seemed to be dialed down really tight.
However, the highlight was dinner at the Salt Grass Steak House, which was every bit as good as our last trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Nugget Casino Hotel Laughlin offers guests 300 luxury guest rooms and suites and includes a high-energy casino featuring nearly 900 of the most popular slot and video poker machines, over 22 table games, Race and Sports Book and Keno; live entertainment, bars and lounges, stylish retail offerings, as well as Landry’s signature world-class restaurants such as Saltgrass Steak House and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.; Gold Diggers Night Club and poolside lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Nugget Laughlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Nugget Laughlin Hotel Laughlin
- Golden Nugget Resort Laughlin
- Golden Nugget Hotel Laughlin Nv