“Can't be upset, 'cause it was priced right!”

Aquarius Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Baldwin Park, California
“Can't be upset, 'cause it was priced right!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We just stayed one mid-week night to rest from a drive and continue on with our trip the next afternoon. This seemed to be one of the nicer hotels on the strip. Our "river view" rooms were nice and did have a view of the river, but were a bit unclean. I found gummie bears and other stuff on the floors plus our comforter had a stain but for $40 a night I really can't expect much. Like most casinos there is a stronger odor of smoke that burns your nose. The reason I rated service as AVERAGE is because of the attitude I received from the bell desk guy for asking a question of where to find something otherwise the 2 other people that helped me during the stay were helpful. The arcade is not much of an arcade. The pool/gym I didn't use. And the "Windows Buffet" was very good.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hollyglen
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed 3 nights in mid-March with friends for a 75th birthday, had a great time. Nice room on the 11th floor, very friendly staff. Ate in the Café and service was a little slow but the food was great, also ate at the Vineyard for the birthday dinner which was very nice and had a great dinner at Outback. Loved the location, stayed there years ago when it was the Flamingo, much nicer now. My only complaint was the bathroom was pretty small, only one of us could get ready at a time, so a mirror in the bedroom would have helped us get ready in a timely manor. I rated the sleep quality poor as the bed was way to soft for us and the pillows were really soft. However I would stay there again as overall a great place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank HollyglenDar
Caldwell, Idaho
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed 2 nights in mid-March. Had never been to Laughlin, so had to try it out.
The room itself was nice. Ample towels in room and clean. Nice view of the tennis courts, pool and river from the California Tower. The coffee was decaf, no regular- must have been a mistake.
Casino was very loud. Must be all the machines turned up as high as they would go. Wins were far apart. Must be on the take. Food in regular café was so-so. Pizza at the Cove bar was good and made up for the café food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave B
northwest ontario
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We spent an evening at this casino recently on a trip to Laughlin. The hotel itself is very similar to what you would find in Vegas, aka large and spacious with lots of flashy slots. We first had a couple of drinks in the Cove lounge area....had to wait 15 minutes to get our first drink. After waiting an additional 15 for the server to take more orders for people who joined us the manager came over. Although apologetic, nothing was done.
I also like to have a cocktail while I'm gambling and in the 4 hours I was there I had 2 drinks. The second one I finished because we were leaving. Either the staff was incredibly overworked or unbelievably slow.
I was the only one in the group who had any luck with the machines too.
We went ready to spend money...I guess they didn't want it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fire39
Mertzon
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have stayed here before and it was great, This year ,they had us booked on the 15th floor. My husband has a GREAT fear of heights so the check in girl said she saw his face when she said fifteen and she started laughing and moved us , without saying a word, except "now you are on the 3rd floor". That was probably the nicest thing ever happen to us at a casino hotel. AND we ended up with a great view. The rooms are nice and clean and we were in a smoking room but it didn't smell of smoke enough that even my son came in and commented on it. The casino is great fun and the restaurants are good. If you didn't want to see the rest of Laughlin you wouldn't have to leave. We loved it.

Room Tip: The smoking floors don't smell too bad.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank NL B
PHOENIX
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a bad hotel. Watch what u book. No ventilation in the bathroom. When I booked they said I could upgrade and the window faced a block wall. When I said I didn't want that room they could only give me a smoking room. This room is awful and who doesn't have a vent fan in the bathroom. People here are not very helpful or nice at all. I give this hotel a negative one. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Very your reservation and make sure u double check several times.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Ruidoso
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Came with 5 other motorcycle riding buddies and found the rooms nice, beds very comfy, casino and bars easy to get around around. Place was a breath of fresh air compared to crowded Vegas casinos and the rooms prices are just great for,the quality delivered. Would definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Largeandy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,324 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!