“Best Laughlin Stay yet”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Upland, California, United States
“Best Laughlin Stay yet”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I go to Laughlin about once or twice a year to fish. I have tried different hotels and thought i would give Aquarius a try. glad I did. Admittedly checking in on Sunday anywhere in Laughlin is an automatic crowd avoider and the rates are about 1/2 off. Rooms were only about $35 so I thought I would splurge and get the top floor (18th) with a river view for another $5. The whole floor is posted as non-smoking and I agree with that. Most places in Laughlin smell like an ashtray but not here. That would have been a deal breaker for me. Some places, just walking through them makes me sick, and nauseous. Down in the lobby is a nice coffee shop, McDonalds etc so i can get my morning caffeine fix. Rooms were very clean, not perfect but nothing to complain about, lots of amenities, small fridge (a must) and nice TV and beds. easy check-in/out. I think "very good +" says it all.

Room Tip: Top floor for $5 more...you can't go wrong (off-peak).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chatsworth, CA
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We didn't stay at this resort - this review is based on an experience we had the hotel. On the last day of our trip (Sunday 10/27) we left our hotel and headed over to the Aquarius to meet up with my grandpa and the rest of my family. The rooms themselves are nice, but I didn't sleep there so I can't judge the bed's comfort, noise level or overall function of the room.

When I arrived there was no parking in the regular lot, my child was hungry and we were in a hurry. So I opted for the valet and let my boyfriend, mom and daughter out of the car. I waited in line for the valet, which took a long time. One of the valets waved me forward to go to another lane, and I was cut off by another car. So I said fine I'll just sit here and wait. Then another guy helped a car in front of me, who had actually arrived after me. At this point I'd been there about 10 minutes and was getting frustrated. Another guy came and helped another car who had arrived after me. At this point I got out of the car and the first valet noticed I should have already been helped.

I hopped out, gave him my keys, told him I should have been helped 2 people ago and was in a super hurry.. in such a hurry I didn't realize I'd left my purse in the backseat of the car. I didn't even think about it until half way through the day and by then it was too late to do anything about it.

After visiting with the family, running some errands and eating at a buffet we headed back to our car (we were supposed to have left hours before this). They pulled up our car and my purse was upside down int he back seat which is not a good sign. I dug through it and my heart sank. I thought my digital camera AND some money was missing.. fine whatever about the money cause I was in a hurry and left my purse. Luckily the digital camera was in a bag in the trunk. I cried because I was so happy for this.. I kept thinking of all the lost memories... alright crisis averted!

What's funny is I thought I should call the Aquarius and let them know. I felt like I was being questioned. I get it, some people report stolen money falsely. Other people are probably drunk and can't remember what they did with it. But right before we had left where we were staying I made sure to sit and count it so I could budget this much for gas for the ride home, this much for dinner and this much for snacks, etc. before we leave. I had exactly four 20's, one five, and two ones in this little camera looking case thing. My actual wallet was packed away in the suit case - good thing I guess or they probably would have copied the card numbers. When I came back to the car that evening 2 twenties and 1 five was missing.

I placed the call to the security office at the Aquarius and was told someone would review the footage and follow-up with me. I called two days later and was told they were still reviewing the footage. I've been playing phone tag with their office all week and just managed to get a return call regarding my incident. I was told there was no footage or evidence of theft. Not surprising.. it's not like I exactly expected to get my money back. I was told they didn't know what had happened but there was no theft. I'm pretty sure they don't want to admit their valets steal. I've looked at other reviews on other sites and heard similar stories to mine.

Just want to make people aware...we are planning to visit Laughlin again next year and you can bet I will not even enter this casino.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Antsy33

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Palmer, Alaska
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This last visit to the Aquarius was actually our 3rd stay there, although the first was many moons ago when it was still the Flamingo Hilton. We were there in May of this year (2013) for a week and again in October of this year for two weeks. We also have reservations there again in April of 2014. We obviously like the place. Prices are competitive and the rooms are always clean and neat, well kept. Amenities are as advertised and somewhat normal for the atmosphere, pretty much what you would expect. Casino is our favorite of all in the area, too smokey for us but no more so than the rest. That's the nature of the gig and to be expected, they do have a non-smoking area that includes a bar and we do frequent that area frequently. The Aquarius is our favorite in the area as our continued return to the establishment indicates.

Room Tip: We prefer the California Tower as it is closer to the parking garage. We stayed in the Arizona Tower...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kenpetty
Hesperia, California
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked a riverview king room in the adult only tower. When we checked in, the front desk person asked if a king was necessary or could we make due with two beds. No, we asked for, paid for a king bed. She gave us the "adjoining room" to one of the end suites. It was a clean room and it was nice that the bath was literally down the hall from the rest of the room. We experienced a couple of issues with the room. The A/C unit never cooled the room off - if it had been mid-summer, 110 degrees, you would have baked in the room. Also, the unit blew out dust and particles, making my husband suffer from allergies. And at all hours of the day and night, the toilet made gurgling noises and you could hear the sink/tub/shower draining - very loudly. If that wasn't enough, it took at least 5-10 minutes to get hot water in the shower (and we were only on the 4th floor!). I hated wasting so much water, waiting for it to get hot but didn't want to take a cold shower. Stay away from The Cove bar in the hotel. Granted it was Sunday, height of afternoon football, but standing at the bar for over 10 minutes without even an acknowledged "we will be right with you" only to listen to one of the bartenders complain OUT LOUD to a supervisor that she didn't want to be working that day, that she was tired and her back hurt.... blah blah blah. Even when we did finally get a server to come over to the table to ask about drinks, she wasn't any happier to be working and certainly didn't move very fast. Overall it was not good customer service and warm beer. All of the other employees we had contact with from the gift shop, to the buffet, the café, the coffee shop and even in the Outback restaurant, were great and very friendly. I left a card to let the hotel know "how they did" and I took a survey sent to email a day or so after we got back and I have heard nothing from management on the issues we listed. I am wary of giving a positive rating simply because when we told the check out clerk of our experiences she said "oh that's too bad" and that was it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RawWife
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of everyone here at the Aquarius Casino Resort, I would like to apologize for the poor experience you had while you were our guest. I can understand your disappointment and frustration and it disheartening is to hear about our breakdown in service when it is our ultimate goal to acccommodate every guest with a superior experience. We will be sure to use your comments for future service training to ensure the quality our guests have come to expect from us. Please consider visiting us again and giving us another opportunity to show you how exceptional we truly are. We welcome the chance to serve you again.

Cyndi McAdams
Hotel Operations Coordinator
The Aquarius Casino Resort
Central Ohio
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our extended family stayed at the Aquarius while attending a memorial service for a relative. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Because there were so many of us, they gave us special rates for our rooms. Check-in and checkouts were easy, with some families staying one night, some staying two or three nights. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the housekeeping staff was very accommodating to those with small children/babies. Most of our meals were taken on-site, and the restaurant choices were varied. I ate at the buffet all the time and found it to be very good for a buffet. Each night was a different theme night, and selections to fit the theme. All in all, this hotel would be my choice if I were to visit Laughlin again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at Aquarius for two nights. We had stayed there in the summer of 2012 and was delighted (I would have given it 4 stars). No "resort fees", nice pool, clean room, nice casino, and the coffee shop and buffet were great. We went back this year, and the buffet is terrible. Over-priced for greasy, cold food. Even the desserts were tasteless and bland.

The rooms are still clean, the pool is still nice and the casino also very nice. It's the class act of Laughlin, but go somewhere else to eat. The buffet is the worst!

Room Tip: Get a room looking out over the pool. Stay out of the California Tower unless you have kids. That...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rich H
Lansing, Illinois
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel and rooms are better than most in Laughlin. The restaurants and buffet are pretty good, but a little pricey for the Laughlin area. The casino could use some new slots and video poker. The lounge has been vacant for about three years and is in need of some entertainment.

Room Tip: California tower is for adults. Arizona tower is for families.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,320 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!