“Beautiful Laughlin Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Apple Valley, California
“Beautiful Laughlin Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My second stay here and I love it! Consistent...clean rooms, beautiful views, friendly staff, good selection of fast food. We come here for the river regatta each year! Pool is open until midnight daily which is a bonus!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank nursebecky2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed one night while coming back from Grand Canyon. The hotel is huge with two room towers. We stayed at the California tower on the 16th floor. Nice view of the river. The room was clean and ok for the price. You can tell the hotel was getting old. Note, you cannot compare with Vegas hotels. The staff were friendly. Only negative wast the buffet on Sunday, selection was not worth the money!!! very limited selection and food was too salty. We should have try the Prime Rib at the Cafe instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sea2la007
Memphis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed Friday night that was comped and requested upgrade for 20 bux and got a patio room. The patio rooms open (via sliding glassdoor) onto the pool deck/tennis courts complex located on the third floor. The hidden gem was the arcade for our 7 yr old son was next to our room. Perfect! The pool was just steps away. Drinks by the pool were average and prices were better than vegas pool prices. The pink clouds at sunset reflecting off the windows added to a perfect night. They DO NOT have a hot tub in the pool area unfortunately. Slots were a little tight but the casino was super clean and cocktail service was good.

Friday night Seafood Buffet: AWESOME! It was a little expensive but once again, the hidden gem was free beer, wine and margaritas. The seafood was fresh and my wife loved it. We had a margarita on the adjacent patio outside over looking the river after words and couldnt stop smiling. Yeah, it was that good. Thanks aquarius, we will be back for sure. HK Las Vegas, NV

Room Tip: grab a patio room, especially for entertaining friends and family.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MemphisGetawayman
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I chose to stay at the Aquarius Casino because of reviews I read on numerous websites. The hotel (room) is "OK". The room was nothing more than an "average" Holiday Inn type room (except larger). I stayed in the California Tower, so I don't know if the rooms in the other tower are any different. By first "appearance" the room "looked clean", but I noticed debris on the carpet including a beer bottle cap. The "stopper" in the bathroom was disconnected and I had to manually open the drain (I could not be bothered to call room service). I guess if you are going to the casino to spend most of the time in the casino, the condition of the room is not that important. I was on a business trip and wanted to enjoy playing blackjack in the evening. The entire hotel/casino seemed old and dated. If this is indeed the best hotel/casino in Laughlin, that is scary. I can't imagine planning a vacation/trip to Laughlin. Laughlin is merely an "oasis" in the middle of nowhere rather than an "entertainment destination". There is truly "nothing" in Laughlin worth seeing or doing. The draw for people from Arizona is that like Vegas, ALL casino games are offered.

Room Tip: Unless you are just passing through... to/or from Arizona to California, drive a little further and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LenFromAZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

As the title says, "dirty mirror, lint build up all over tp holder", ash trays never cleaned in casino, non smoking section is placed in middle of the big smoking section! The room view is a joke! 24 inch view of river, big view of parking lot and pool. The bell hop broke our Ice chest wheel off, rooms are very noisy, 10 floors up and you can hear the cars honking like your outside.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Greenreader
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of everyone here at The Aquarius Casino Resort, please accept my sincere apology for the many problems you experienced while you were our guest. I can certainly understand your disappointment with our property and I would like the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your stay. I have forwarded you my contact information in a private message and I truly hope you will contact me so I can review your past stay further and attempt to recover your business. Your patronage is very important to us. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cyndi McAdams
Hotel Operations Coordinator
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed there last weekend with my family on a two bed bedroom, and the beds are horrible and customer service is the worst part of all. they basically told me if I didn't like it I could get my refund.. when all I need it was a comfortable bed. so they moved me to another room and the next day another person walked in our room, they never made the changed official so they double booked my room. not only was I humiliated also the person that walked in. HORRIBLE experience.. so I moved to River Palms, and it was a waaaay better place for less money...

Room Tip: higher floors are better
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank glacla06
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of everyone here at The Aquarius Casino Resort, I sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had while you were our guest. Our mission is to provide the best guest service possible, and it is disheartening to hear we have fallen short of our goal. I am sending you a personal message with my contact information in the hopes that you will reach out to me so we can discuss your experience here in more depth.

Cyndi McAdams
Hotel Operations Coordinator
Aquarius Casino Resort

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

las vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We reserved a river-view room, at an extra charge, only to find that the 'view' is best seen only if you're standing in the corner of the room. Granted the wall of windows is spectacular but the layout of the hotel leaves the rooms perpendicular to the river. So, to the the best view you must be standing in the corner of the windows... Unless you're fortunate enough to get one of the suites at the end of the buildings that front right onto the river. Don't waste you $$ for the 'view' rooms.

Other than that dissappointment, the rooms were spacious and clean. The front desk staff were un-impressive. When I went back down to inquire about the limited view I had from my 'river-view' room, I was offered a room closer to the highway, which would have diminished my view even further, Not good customer service if you ask me. No apologies, no nothing.

Would I stay here again, probably not. I've worked in the hospitality industry in hotel, and with airlines, If you staff doesn't seem to care about my business, I'll take my business somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Tutuwahinelv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,557 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!