“A good view of the river this time”

Aquarius Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
vacaville ,CA
“A good view of the river this time”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I return to the Aquarius in March of each year with a retirees group. We always get a great rate, but of course the bottom rate pretty much assigns your view to the air conditioning vents on the casino roof. This time I opted to upgrade to a higher lever river view room and it was great. The room was fine and housekeeping provided extra coffee packets when requested. I know other comments have mentioned the limited view of the river. Unless you are the ultra high roller you will never get a river front room. My suggestion is to ask for a higher floor and as far toward the river as possible. Arrived late and took advantage of Outback restaruant located within the Aquarius. Good take out, comparable my local Outback: don't look for friendly service through. For the best river view and relaxation I would suggest the steakhouse bar at Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort. The Aquarius has two towers, the south tower is restricted to adults & no children; very quiet during my two day stay. You will be hit with a $10.00 resort fee, this is softened by a comparable credit for food or gaming.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor towards river. If you want quiet ask for a room in the adult tower.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Laughlin
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I usually stay at the Edgewater, I was alittle disappointed with room and the fact they don't have a jucuzzi I really don't have anything else to say, I remember my last stay was a little bit better ,,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

California
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have to stay when I checked in I thought I was going to enjoy my stay the front desk was very nice and when you first walk in it’s not a bad looking casino floor, but it went downhill from there. The bartenders was cold the restaurants lines long and the food once we got in was ok and that is being nice, it took 90 min to get. Our waitress was working so hard she had way too many tables and the manger was walking around hearing table after table complaining. It was a disaster but it didn’t stop their waitress on the casino floor looked tired and a bit rude and the cleaning staff looked so dam tired. I couldn’t wait to check out. Our room was standard nothing special.
All I have to say is if this was the best Laughlin has to offer then maybe it’s worth the extra time to drive to Vegas.
And yes I did talk to the check out clerk about the above and left my commet in a box.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LarsCalifornia

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Ohio
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here on our way down from Vegas to Tucson. It is a neat area along the Colorado. The property was clean and well kept. Upon arrival we were disappointed with the customer service person who checked us in, she seemed to be preoccupied with something else. Never asked us if this was our first time in the area, did not give us any information about the resort - just pointed us to the elevators to get to our room. I just figured she was having a bad day. But once we were in our room - there was no information about restaurants, pool hours, area attractions, etc. Maybe because we came from Vegas, I expected too much. We did eat at the buffet is was okay, but I have eaten at better ones. I will say when we were playing the slots the beverage service women was very friendly, efficient and nice. The price was a bargain and I would consider staying here again.

2 Thank Moniet10
Sanger, California
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for 3 nights. Aside from going broke (what did we expect), the place was wonderful. The room was fabulousand very comfortable. We had a room on the 11th floor and had a excellent viewof the river and casinos. The windows wrapped around one end of the room from floor to cealing. The employees were the best we have ever had at a casino anywhere. Downside was I went for Keno, and they had closed thiers. Very clean, good food, but they and all the other casinos there kept our money. I guess we will have to visit again to get it back. Highly recomend. Friends stayed on the 3rd floor had no view, so request up high.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank bmsanger
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night, March 10th. Check-in was a bit slow, but checkout went much faster. Internet service comes extra. The king room was quiet, comfortable, clean, and had a great view of the river even though it was not a view room. There was a dripping shower faucet, but we could not hear it. Winter rates are very low in Laughlin, and there was plenty to do. If you enjoy craft beer, try the River Belle's brew-pub.

Room Tip: Apparently, the California tower is child free.
2 Thank VegasTrippers
Pima, Arizona
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Aquarius last week and were put in the Arizona / North tower for the first time. Result was very hard queen beds. I woke up with a stiff back.

I have stayed many times with the Aquarius and found the California/South tower to be a very comfortable place. I will keep coming back to Aquarius only if I can get into the "Good" tower.
My wife thought the Arizona/North tower was dated and kind of dingy?

Overall, a very good place to stay in Laughlin. Very nice folks. BUT... watch which tower you are in.

Video poker paytables were good...

Room Tip: Ask for California / South tower.
2 Thank SBvisitor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Tropicana Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!