“Comfortable with nice rooms”

Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed October 12, 2012

First time in Lauglin ..... not exactly Las Vegas .... but pleasantly surprised. Hotel is on the river. The casino dominates the entire lobby area. The staff at the front desk were very nice. We upgraded for $20 extra to a river view room. The room was large, bed comfortable, good shower & the view was very nice. The fitness center is excellent for a hotel with treadmills, elipticals, bikes, weights, etc. We took a look at the buffet ... not impressed for $25. Breakfast at their coffee shop was good.

1  Thank RHINOWIN

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our first trip to Laughlin to meet a friend that I had not seen in 30 plus yeas. he reccommended the Aquarius and we were not disappointed. The only complaint I had was on the casino side where there was no poker in the casino.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Williamam B
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have stayed at the Aquarius once before so we knew sort of what to expect. I really wanted to stay at the Golden Nugget but no Saturday night check in allowed. I read the good and the bad about all the Laughlin hotels and decided to try the Aquarious once again as our previous stay was pretty good.

CHECK IN: Grade C+
Lifeless but effecient, would have nice to have had some enthusiam, on a good note we received the room we had reserved with little wait time to check in.

ROOM: Grade B
River View on the 4th floor, very nice view, the room was great, the beds are really firm but we both slept great, the pillow are thin but there are lots of them. We had everything we could want including a coffee maker. Room AC was great.

HOUSEKEEPING: Grade B
It was very good, the second day towels replaced new amenities and room made up early in the day was perfect. Room was very clean, the only down side was the windows were dirty on the outside but not really that big a deal.

VALET: Grade D
Slow at check in but it was 10pm so we understood. When we checked out the valet brought the car around I have him a good tip and then he walked away not even asking to help us with our luggage, what a loser that guy was. CUSTOMER SERVICE PLEASE!

CASINO: GRADE C+
This really depends on if you win or lose but for Laughlin the casino is a nice size with lots of options and table games. The slots seemed to give both of us lots of play so we did not feel like we were being ripped off. Redemption ticket machines worked good and we felt safe at all times. I have lowered the Grade because the casino floor was super smokie, they could do much better on the ventalation in the casino.

CASINO FLOOR COCTAIL SERVICE: Grade C-
Just poor over all service, not enough staff and not all that friendly. I decided to not drink rather than order from the ones we saw they were just "sour" Amazingly the best service we received was at the Pioneer but all the other casinos we vsited on this trip had superior coctail service in comparrison to the Aquarius.

CASINO BARS: Grade ?
The main bars were very good and professional service and we really enjoyed being at them and happily spent our money in the video poker machines, but....the new Cove non-smoking bar gave us terrible service on Saturday night, staff took care of friends first and guests second if you were lucky, they complained about having to mix the specialty drinks for the non-smoking lounge and it also appeared that the staff gather here after their shift to discuss the plans for the night with the bartenders and how drunk they were going to get at Spash night club. The bar has a wooden front to it and as I leaned against it I stuck to it because it was so sticky from spilled drinks which made my stomach turn if you know what I mean..I never went back to this bar the day shift may have been nicer as it appears it was busy enough.

FOOD: GRADE A
We only went to the Outback Steak house and Starbucks. Outback Steak house was outstanding in customer service and food quality, it really says something about the company's culture. To have such good customer service in the middle of a hotel with blah customer service culture always amazes me, if the top management does not care it just flowes down through the chain of command to the front line employees, in this case it made Outback the stars. Starbucks always had a line up but they quality was good and the emplyees seemed to be really nice and customer orientated.

ACE PLAYERS CLUB: Grade C
Kind of cheap if you ask me.

Final Impressions: Grade C+
Over all a nice hotel and good casino with many dining options but with the majority of employees not wanting to go that extra mile and make it a memorable expereince for the guest. This could really be a great hotel & casino and everything is in place for this to be a at least a 4 star but I assume management is not all that interested or lese things would be better.

Would I stay here again? Yes I would it is still better than most in Laughlin although I still have to try the Nugget.

Room Tip: River View Rooms would be best IMHO
4  Thank Moduline
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We used the Aquarius as a mid-point stop for the 910 mile journey between New Mexico and our destination in California. We arrived the first time on a Saturday night. Being a car guy I found the covered parking lot was very convenient to the hotel itself. It took no time to get from there into the lobby and check-in area. We paid extra for a view room, which ended up being on the south side of the Califormia tower. During the day the view of the other casinos and hotels south was OK but when the sun set and lights were turned on the view was quite beautiful. The entire south wall was glass, affording a panoramic view. Our room was nicely appointed and comfortable as well as spatious. We ate dinner at the Outback, a very nice experience, and had breakfast several times at at their cafe. Being a former smoker I was pleased to find a non-smoking area that was truly a breath of fresh air. We thought the room was quiet and very nice. On our return trip on a Wednesday night I mentioned at check-in how much we enjoyed the view the last time we were there. As a result I go the same room except two floors higher. The next morning we found the coffee maker was not functioning but we were heading out anyway and did not call to have it replaced. I think the toilet was dripping slightly as well. As others have mentioned the outlet mall is across the street, very convenient. In all the times I have been to Laughlin this is the only hotel in which I have stayed so I cannot compare but next time I will stay here again.

2  Thank zozobra
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Arrived at the Aquarius Casino Resort and bellhops greeted us at the curb. There were very long lines to check in that took approximately 1/2 hour. We stayed for 2 nights and had an enjoyable time. Our room was clean, bed was comfortable, however, no free wifi. The location was great with outlet stores across the street in walking distance. On the premises is a McDonald's, Starbucks, and Subway which makes it very convenient to grab something to eat without having to leave the hotel and moving your car. Perfect for a weekend get away!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank seriousaboutmytravel
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here again for another quick trip. I think we were in a different tower this time, Arizona tower I believe. I liked the other one better! Good drink service, actually make that great, the waitress was always coming around! Dinner at the Outback, good food & service. Pretty mellow place but clean and everyone in the group seemed to win money :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank shellz66
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at the Aquarius for a weekend in September, two nights only. I have decided to look at this as a 'Top 5' and 'Bottom 5' list, so here goes:

TOP 5 GOOD POINTS:

1) Location - the Aquarius is in a great location, and this meant that we could wander along the riverside walk to the other hotels - great!

2) Starbucks - of course it meant we could always have a lovely coffee, but it also meant free wifi (see one of our Bottom 5)

3) Valet and Bell Service - they were great, fast and efficient. I especially liked that the guy we had who helped us when we were leaving... he packed all of our many bags onto the trolley, checked us out, arranged for the car from the valet, and packed the car for us - what a star!

4) Outback Steakhouse - lovely steak and great service, and a very reasonable price. We didn't have to wait, although we were told that at times they would recommend that reservations were made.

5) Quiet rooms - we were on a very high floor, and we never heard our neighbours or people in the corridor, always a plus in any hotel!

BOTTOM 5 :-(

1) Room Wifi - OK so I know that this is often the case in a lot of hotels, but come on hoteliers, please come into the 21st century! People pay a lot for rooms, food, gambling, why can't WIFI be free in your room, especially when we could go down to Starbucks and get it free there! In 2012 it should be a standard thing to have - free WIFI available in the whole building!

2) Room Upgrade - we were offered the $10 room upgrade to a corner view room - was it worth it? Not really - it would seem that the rooms would tend to all have a decent view (unless someone can let me know otherwise) and to pay extra for what really isn't a corner suite, but simply a room with a bit of a bay window isn't really worth paying for.

3) Bathroom - I am focussing on the bathroom, but in general the rooms could have done with some TLC... but the bathrooms even more so. The flush on the toilet scared the living daylights out of me it was so harsh! The tiles on both floor and walls have seen better days, and the shower was a little old and not straightforward to use.

4) Air Con - In the heat that Laughlin sees, the air con needs to work well. Our room's air con wasn't very good at all, the full speed of the fan wasn't powerful enough to cool the room down at all, and then having floor to ceiling windows means that the heat of the day was too warm for the air con to cope with

5) Ambience - it just seemed to be lacking... I can't really put my finger on it, but basically the hotel is an open casino with two big towers of rooms and that's it! Nothing special to report, no particular theme, no great things to draw you in. I think I would describe it as simply middle of the road.

Overall we found the hotel to be OK, but I think that we probably prefered staying at Harrah's even though it is further along the river from the other hotels.

If asked if we would stay here again, then yes we would, but without paying for a room 'upgrade'.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kaygee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Tropicana Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!