“Great and easy to find!”

Aquarius Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Belfast
“Great and easy to find!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Because we were arriving late into Laughlin from Hoover Dam I was a bit concerned about finding this hotel, but no worries, there it was in lights!! We had a very comfortable stay here. Parking was easy, and reception straightforward. The room itself was a good size with a view of the river and main thoroughfare. We were just staying one night so it was just a stop over and as it was late just ate there. We had a great meal at the Outback, but it did close early and we just got in on time. The casino itself was ok, we had been in LasVegas a few nights before so it would be unfair to compare.
We had a peaceful sleep, nothing to complain about in the room. We had a good breakfast at one of the cafe's near reception, although service was a bit slow. We got a fantastic rate to stay here for the one night and had a nice relaxing time!!!.

Room Tip: As high as possible with a view of the river.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emporerpenguin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Velva, North Dakota
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was really disappointed this time. We had stayed here the year before and maybe because we were in a different tower the beds were older. We stayed in the towers that were closer to the front desk this time. I cannot remember the name of the tower. The check in staff was nice. The room was clean. We were on the pool floor and across from us was the arcade room. Lots of noise in the middle of the night in the hallway. The hallways were in need of some upkeep, updating. Broken door corner on one door, dirty marks. Kind of creepy at first walking in the hallway.
The beds were horrible. I tossed and turned all night and so did my Mother. I could have used a chiropractor each morning after getting up.
So the last morning before we were leaving (Hooray) I was sitting on the bed and looked at the other bed to see a large Cricket???? or????running off the bed. That was it for me! I have to say we were on the pool access floor and at night the bugs were horrible outside so it could have been an escapee from there, but?????

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank shoeboxdriver
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to extend my sincere apology that your experience here was a negative one on this visit. I regret that you were inconvenienced in any way.

I sounds like you stayed in our family tower which does have sturdier beds due to the fact that families with children usually stay there. I am sorry you found the beds to be uncomfortable. Additionally, I regret that you witnessed the presence of an insect in your room. Although we are constantly vigilant with attempting to keep the bug popluation down on and around our property, we occasionally do get crickets and such in the hotel, particularly on the 3rd floor pool deck rooms where there is a water source for them. I can understand your frustration with the situation and I hope this will not prevent you from visiting our hotel in the future. If you would like to contact me directly when you are ready to book again, I can assist you with your reservation and help to ensure you stay in our adult tower and are far from the 3rd floor. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cyndi McAdams
Hotel Operations Coordinator
The Aquarius Casino Resort

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is part of casino. Room was clean and tidy. Lacked safe in room. Staff at reception were OK. Had meal in casino which was good, but felt rushed. Car parking outside was close to hotel. Overall pleasantly surprised by this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bundicus
London
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a one night stop over between LA and Grand Canyon.
Self-parking was fine in the extensive car park next door.
Check in was acceptable and the staff pleasant and efficient.
The hotel area was tired and showing definite signs of needing to be updated. Our room faced towards the car park, so unless you wanted to be seen by numerous passers-by, curtains had to be closed. Worse was the constant banging of cars during the night over metal plates in the car park road which made for a disturbed night’s sleep. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean if looking a little tired.
The casino is similar to the lower end Vegas establishments in look and feel.
We ate within the outback franchise within the Casino which was as to be expected.
Very glad this was a single night stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank John L
Indio, California
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Before we made reservation, we did research on hotel. We called hotel with different questions, the most important being the Internet fee! Since my husband, my kids, and I knew we needed Wifi, we asked if fee was per device or a day fee. We were told it was a daily fee! At that time we made reservation with Expedia, BIG MISTAKE! We made reservation from Sat., Aug. 25th to Tuesday, Aug. 28th.
When we arrived at hotel valet was super busy! We checked in front desk was o.k, not friendly. Bellman was friendly, I believe his name was Hector. I wanted to double check on fee for internet, he said it was a Dailey fee, but I should call front desk to double check. Called front desk, asked to speak to manager, was tld she wasn't there to call back. I went down stairs to ask for her, she was working valet. Her name was Maricela, she was friendly and helpful. She said don't worry, I'll be charges the Dailey fee, and made noted on room.
Room was dirty, u could see the dust on the walls, u could tell room wasn't throughly cleaned. The tub was dirty, and there were hairs. Windows were dirty, there were hand, among other type of prints.
That evening we had dessert in cafe. Service was slow, even though there were only two other tables. We asked server wat kind of chocolate cake they had, no one knew. We asked hostess, several servers, and even manager, finally busser came over and said it was German chocolate. When we finally got our dessert it was horrible. Ice cream was melted, milk glass was dirty, as well as silverware. It was just awful! After that we went to get our Ace cards, we were sent to the high limit area, and told to sit and wait. It was a long wait about 20 minutes.
Bartender at pool was not friendly. He didn't give a last call, so when we went to get smoothies for kids he made them, but wasn't very happy to make them. We asked for 4 more drinks, and he said he had to leave or else he was gonna be in trouble with management. He made drinks, but refused to make drinks for about 6 other people. He said there was nothing he could do he needed to get off clock. No last call, no apology to other hotel guest! Very rude!!!
Monday nite about 11:15 p.m. Got in elevator on our way to our room, when elevator stopped between the 1st and 2nd floor. At first it was funny to our kids ages, 14, 12, and 11 years old. Two of which have asthma. We called security on phone and said to hold on it shouldn't be long. After about 5 minutes we called again, at that time security said we'd have to wait about 40 to 50 minutes for Otis to get there. We tld them that was to long, and there respond was " we'll wat do u expect when u jump in elevator!" by know our kids were hysterical, it was getting hot, and we were all short of breath. We asked security about 20 times to call fire department, the refused! We had no service on phone, so we couldn't call ourselves. They finally called them after, we screamed at them, and told them about our kids...about an hour after being stuck in elevator, the lights going out, the elevator door finally opened. We were all extremely upset. Both front desk manager and security supervisor were both there. There was no apology, no empathy, they showed no concern for our children being so upset, and hysterical. Security Supervisor James Coble, just stood there Nd blamed it on us, he said that my husband jumped, so what did he expect to happen. My husband never jumped, he went up and down on the ball of his feet. He has had 3 knee surgeries on each knee, with the last on being 9 wks prior. Rachel Morales, Assistant Front Desk, showed less compassion and empathy then Mr. Cobble. She told us that we were lucky she wasn't gonna charge us for OTIS coming out to open elevator. She never apologized, was so insensitive, she never showed any feelings wat so ever. She had no HOSPITALITY what so ever. When I told her that she said ur rite, and told me to "leave, she didn't want to speak to me anymore!" " I don't want to hear you anymore!" unfortanately for me with booked our get away with Expedia, so it was all paid in advanced... When I called Expedia, they called and spoke with a front desk agent, Tabitha, who told them that the kids were jumping. Which was not true at all.
Upon check out we dealt with Chandra and Erica. They were both so friendly, and keeled apologizing for the managers from the previous nite. These girls were honestly the only ones who showed any compassion for what our kids went through at this hotel.
I will never stay her again. I will make sure and tell everyone I come in contact never to stay at ur property or use Expedia again. They lie to get u to stay at there property. We mean nothing as guest, we are just a dollar to them. Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Clara A
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am shocked and dismayed to hear the details of your experience here, and I assure you that the poor service you received is not typical of the high level of service we normally strive to provide. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire property.

Our mission is to provide the highest level of guest service at all times and we would like the opportunity to make it up to you. I am sending you a personal message, as well, with my contact information and hope you will get in touch with me regarding this incident.

We truly do appreciate your patronage and I hope to hear from you soon.

Cyndi McAdams
Hotel Operations Coordinator
The Aquarius Casino Resort
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have been going to Laughlin NV for a number of years and for the last few years have stayed at the Aquarius. Staff have always been very helpful and friendly. The Casino part of the hotel seems a little run down ( carpet tears are not repaired and visible) room was average and clean.
They seem to be trying hard to please but overall are failing. I doubt if I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Next time I'll try The Golden Nugget or Harahs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CO
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Recently stayed at the casino for one night around Sept 22. Enjoyed the nice room, and awesome facility. Great restaurants including Outback steakhouse and several other small restuarants for great convienence. Loved the casino, very clean, and nice service at the bar. Didnt do so well at gambling, slots were a bit tight. Overall it was a great stay!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hotelbrat7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Tropicana Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!