“One night stop over and glad thats all”

Aquarius Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
London
“One night stop over and glad thats all”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a one night stop over between LA and Grand Canyon.
Self-parking was fine in the extensive car park next door.
Check in was acceptable and the staff pleasant and efficient.
The hotel area was tired and showing definite signs of needing to be updated. Our room faced towards the car park, so unless you wanted to be seen by numerous passers-by, curtains had to be closed. Worse was the constant banging of cars during the night over metal plates in the car park road which made for a disturbed night’s sleep. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean if looking a little tired.
The casino is similar to the lower end Vegas establishments in look and feel.
We ate within the outback franchise within the Casino which was as to be expected.
Very glad this was a single night stay.

2 Thank John L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Indio, California
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Before we made reservation, we did research on hotel. We called hotel with different questions, the most important being the Internet fee! Since my husband, my kids, and I knew we needed Wifi, we asked if fee was per device or a day fee. We were told it was a daily fee! At that time we made reservation with Expedia, BIG MISTAKE! We made reservation from Sat., Aug. 25th to Tuesday, Aug. 28th.
When we arrived at hotel valet was super busy! We checked in front desk was o.k, not friendly. Bellman was friendly, I believe his name was Hector. I wanted to double check on fee for internet, he said it was a Dailey fee, but I should call front desk to double check. Called front desk, asked to speak to manager, was tld she wasn't there to call back. I went down stairs to ask for her, she was working valet. Her name was Maricela, she was friendly and helpful. She said don't worry, I'll be charges the Dailey fee, and made noted on room.
Room was dirty, u could see the dust on the walls, u could tell room wasn't throughly cleaned. The tub was dirty, and there were hairs. Windows were dirty, there were hand, among other type of prints.
That evening we had dessert in cafe. Service was slow, even though there were only two other tables. We asked server wat kind of chocolate cake they had, no one knew. We asked hostess, several servers, and even manager, finally busser came over and said it was German chocolate. When we finally got our dessert it was horrible. Ice cream was melted, milk glass was dirty, as well as silverware. It was just awful! After that we went to get our Ace cards, we were sent to the high limit area, and told to sit and wait. It was a long wait about 20 minutes.
Bartender at pool was not friendly. He didn't give a last call, so when we went to get smoothies for kids he made them, but wasn't very happy to make them. We asked for 4 more drinks, and he said he had to leave or else he was gonna be in trouble with management. He made drinks, but refused to make drinks for about 6 other people. He said there was nothing he could do he needed to get off clock. No last call, no apology to other hotel guest! Very rude!!!
Monday nite about 11:15 p.m. Got in elevator on our way to our room, when elevator stopped between the 1st and 2nd floor. At first it was funny to our kids ages, 14, 12, and 11 years old. Two of which have asthma. We called security on phone and said to hold on it shouldn't be long. After about 5 minutes we called again, at that time security said we'd have to wait about 40 to 50 minutes for Otis to get there. We tld them that was to long, and there respond was " we'll wat do u expect when u jump in elevator!" by know our kids were hysterical, it was getting hot, and we were all short of breath. We asked security about 20 times to call fire department, the refused! We had no service on phone, so we couldn't call ourselves. They finally called them after, we screamed at them, and told them about our kids...about an hour after being stuck in elevator, the lights going out, the elevator door finally opened. We were all extremely upset. Both front desk manager and security supervisor were both there. There was no apology, no empathy, they showed no concern for our children being so upset, and hysterical. Security Supervisor James Coble, just stood there Nd blamed it on us, he said that my husband jumped, so what did he expect to happen. My husband never jumped, he went up and down on the ball of his feet. He has had 3 knee surgeries on each knee, with the last on being 9 wks prior. Rachel Morales, Assistant Front Desk, showed less compassion and empathy then Mr. Cobble. She told us that we were lucky she wasn't gonna charge us for OTIS coming out to open elevator. She never apologized, was so insensitive, she never showed any feelings wat so ever. She had no HOSPITALITY what so ever. When I told her that she said ur rite, and told me to "leave, she didn't want to speak to me anymore!" " I don't want to hear you anymore!" unfortanately for me with booked our get away with Expedia, so it was all paid in advanced... When I called Expedia, they called and spoke with a front desk agent, Tabitha, who told them that the kids were jumping. Which was not true at all.
Upon check out we dealt with Chandra and Erica. They were both so friendly, and keeled apologizing for the managers from the previous nite. These girls were honestly the only ones who showed any compassion for what our kids went through at this hotel.
I will never stay her again. I will make sure and tell everyone I come in contact never to stay at ur property or use Expedia again. They lie to get u to stay at there property. We mean nothing as guest, we are just a dollar to them. Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Clara A
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am shocked and dismayed to hear the details of your experience here, and I assure you that the poor service you received is not typical of the high level of service we normally strive to provide. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire property.

Our mission is to provide the highest level of guest service at all times and we would like the opportunity to make it up to you. I am sending you a personal message, as well, with my contact information and hope you will get in touch with me regarding this incident.

We truly do appreciate your patronage and I hope to hear from you soon.

Cyndi McAdams
Hotel Operations Coordinator
The Aquarius Casino Resort

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have been going to Laughlin NV for a number of years and for the last few years have stayed at the Aquarius. Staff have always been very helpful and friendly. The Casino part of the hotel seems a little run down ( carpet tears are not repaired and visible) room was average and clean.
They seem to be trying hard to please but overall are failing. I doubt if I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Next time I'll try The Golden Nugget or Harahs.
CO
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Recently stayed at the casino for one night around Sept 22. Enjoyed the nice room, and awesome facility. Great restaurants including Outback steakhouse and several other small restuarants for great convienence. Loved the casino, very clean, and nice service at the bar. Didnt do so well at gambling, slots were a bit tight. Overall it was a great stay!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hotelbrat7
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights. Been to Laughlin many times but first time in this hotel. First the good news . . bright, logical layout to entire facilility; good TV channel selections (better than most); Now the rest of the story . . no smiles at check-in; they supply ONE bar of soap each day for BOTH tub & sink (Is this a Motel 6 in disguise?); their 5 story parking garage is tight to navigate and has a claustrophobic feel to it - park outside instead; I had a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor (10th) but I could always smell cigarette smoke in my room . . need to fix that HVAC layout guys. It carries the smoke from the Casino throughout this place. I won't be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KentuckyColonel
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed there September 22nd.Saturday night.Left early Sunday back to Phoenix.By 12 Noon I was itching like crazy and have 40-50 bites which are horrible.Went to see a Physician/Dermatologist for confirmation.Anti-Histamine and Steroidal Ointment for itching prescribed.Telephoned Aquarius from Phoenix and front desk seemed apologetic and said to report it to Security.He filled in a report and made the comment to me that he did not think it was Bed Bugs!!even not seeing the horrific bites all over my body.Doctor said it was the worst he has seen.I am not a litigation type but we don't expect to get a response of any consequence.Maybe this might stir the powers that be.

5 Thank jim h
Scottsdale
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have friends in Bullhead City and they recommended the Aquarius. We stayed on the 17th non-smoking floor and it was very nice. The room was large and clean with a beautiful view of the river and mountains. We had a king size bed and we had a good nights rest. The housekeeping staff were very nice and friendly. The rates were very good and we would stay here again. The buffet was very good with tasty quality food at a good price. We liked to sit by the window to see the boats up and down the river.

Room Tip: We had a nice view on the 17th floor. The rooms are very cool in temperture.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClareScottsdale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Tropicana Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!