“Just Perfect!!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Just Perfect!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My family and I stay here for four nights (Jan 4- Jan 8) the rooms are awesome, really clean, big, and with amazing views of the Colorado river ( California Tower room 18076 and 18088) but the most impressive thing was the staff, the front desk was kind, courteous, and helpful, the maid service its just awesome, really quick and well done. They have 24hr Starbucks, that's definitely a plus. good and clean casino area, with no smoking machines. We cant wait to stay here again. The only downside was no free internet.

Room Tip: No free internet in the rooms, but the 24hrs Starbucks has free WiFi. 18th floor (18076) for and imp...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DreamsTapatio
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is always gratifying to receive positive feedback from our valued guests. Quality service is of the utmost importance to us and I am delighted to hear we have met, and hopefully, exceeded your expectations. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you and your family again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have stayed at the Aquarius Hotel and Casino many times. The last three visits have been in the decline.
This time? Awful! The smell within the Casino smelled awful! I had a difficult time staying in the Casino area. The buffet restaurant was under construction.
The room was clean, we only had cold air coming into our room, we had to call for repair.
I think I will NOT stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Goodlifesupplement
cmcadams_theaquarius, Hotel Operations Coordinator at Aquarius Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Aquarius Casino Resort. We appreciate your feedback, both positive and negative, as your comments are one of the best gauges we have of measuring our performance.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you were caused by our construction and concerns with your guest room, along with my assurances that this type of experience is uncharacteristic of our normal high standards. I hope you will view this negative experience as an isolated incident and return in the future. I am delighted to announce that our buffet will reopen in early February as the construction project is right on schedule.
Slave Lake, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Went to Laughlin after arriving in Los Angeles in December and being overwhelmed by the sheer size of LA. had to get out of there..... Aquarius is one of the newer casinos in Laughlin. Nice room with a view of the river. Cheep, $50.00 night. Only spent the one night, main restaurant was going through renovations. No Buffet. Other restaurant was ok, nothing special. Staff were very pleasant. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
laramie
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed there on a whim last night bc we're driving through and I didn't feel like "dressing uo" and dealing with the noise & parking in vegas. For $35, we had LOVELY room with a comfy king bed on 3rd floor (woulda had a higher floor but I asked for a smoking rm). Service was super friendly and accomodating & I even scored in the slots.the clientele is a little "seasoned" but maybe the casino could try to wake em up a little. I thought it was fun... their buffet is being renovated so we ate at edgewater buffet. Do NOT eat a edgewater. I t is not worth the $9. I will return to aquarius again. It was kinda old school awesome.

Room Tip: Be nice. Smile. Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rodeolowdeedo
Pancho73
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We chose to stay at the Aquarius for our Annual Post Christmas Trip. It WAS our favorite place to stay. Nice, newer rooms and casino. Great views. Good places to eat. The girl at check-in was very friendly and gave an awesome room with view of river, strip and Tropicana! We ate at the Outback Steak House. The bartender (Brandy) was really good and gave us great service. Had breakfast at the Aquarius Cafe. Food and service were good. Now the bad..the last two times we've been here, the buffet was under construction and closed. Perhaps bad timing on our part. The worst...while sitting at the Zodiac Bar and enjoying some drinks and watching Monday Night Football...we were abruptly KICKED out of our seats. We had been sitting at a place where there were two non-working machines. An employee on the floor came from behind us and said "You are in someone's seat, I am opening these machines, you need to move now". Perhaps a poor attempt at humor, however we did not take it that way and she did not convey it that way. She did not even say hi, goodbye, or offer to seat us somewhere else...just basically get lost. We of course were a bit taken back and immediately closed our tab and went next door to the Edgewater where we finished watching the game, had more drinks, ate and even gambled a bit. We spent a good amount of $$$ there. Bad move Aquarius. I highly doubt we will stay at the Aquarius on our trip to Laughlin this year. That is unfortunate as we enjoyed everything else about the place but do not want to take the risk of sitting in SOMEONE ELSES SEAT again!!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Pancho73

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Boston
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The room was clean and the view of the river was nice. We could not seem to get away from the smell of cigarette smoke which can get old. Even our non smoking room smelled. We ate at both the cafe and the buffet. They were cheap and forgettable. Next door there is a lovely French restaurant called the Gourmet that I would recommend. The location was ok if you want to drive to the Mojave and to the Grand Canyon. We ultimately cut our trip short and got a hotel room in Vegas. Overall, I expect Laughlin will not be in my future.

Room Tip: It is possible to get a room in an adult only section should you want that.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RookBoston
Tucson
Reviewed January 1, 2012

When the Aquarius finished their remodel and takeover from the Flamingo a few years back I had nothing but praise for the way this place was run. Great food, great service, great front desk, you name it, they were on top of their game. When I returned in May of last year I noticed several things had gone downhill and you can find these things on my last review several months ago. I have always stayed here and the rooms were still nice and the desk was good enough so I decided to stay here again on a business trip in December for three days. I was disappointed immediately at the front desk. I had requested well in advance to be place on the California tower which is quieter and away from the kids on the Arizona tower. A very unhappy blonde told me the only way we could get rooms close together would be on the Arizona side. It was not even close to being busy (December, midweek, come on) but I was lucky enough to be placed in room 16018 next to a family with screaming kids, and then they would pound on our wall like we were making too much noise, but we are very quiet people! The only reason this is not a one star review is because the room was clean and the bed once again was comfortable. We ate at the Cafe twice and it was extremely slow service both times, it wasn't that busy to be that slow. The buffet was closed completely our entire stay. Not much else to choose from for eats unless you want overpriced burnt steaks at Outback or Subway. No action whatsoever on the tables, too many unfriendly dealers and very poor odds. Cocktail service on the floor was slow and drinks watered down. We went across the street to the Tropicana and they have really got their act together. Great atmosphere, good game selection, and much better selection of food than the Aquarius and at cheaper price. I would definitely recommend the Tropicana now and probably will stay there next time.

Room Tip: It didn't work for me, but ask for California side if you want quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank johnboy72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,330 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!