“Nice hotel and gambling was good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aquarius Casino Resort

Aquarius Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Nice hotel and gambling was good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

The hotel is very nice. The rooms are more updated then some other rooms on the strip. The beds are a little hard but I still slept fine. The bathroom is very nice and they have new TV's. I wish hotels in Laughlin would offer free WiFi. That is definately something that should change. We had two connecting rooms and the front desk helped us with reserving the rooms. Although my husband and I tend to play more poker than anything, we did play some slots at the Aquarius and we walked out with some money.

Room Tip: If you book through reservations and you want connecting rooms you will need to call the front desk...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Knob Noster, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

We chose this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and ratings, but I am not sure why people give this hotel such a high rating. The friendliness of the staff was so-so, the food at the breakfast buffet was awful (a lot of canned and box food), and although the hotel boasts the rooms are remodeled, ours was still old and tired looking and had a musty smell. The only positives were the view (we had a panoramic room) and the room rate. Another thing we found frustrating was that there was no directory in our room to tell us where the restaurants and pool were located and what the hours were. I called the front desk thinking maybe it was missing from our room, but the staff member said they did not have any available.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judy S
Deventer, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Laughlin is like a mini Las Vegas. The hotel is a Casino, the rooms were good, everything is just smaller than Vegas. Good, bit hard beds. Italian buffet was very good and very cheap.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeannette2000
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is the second hotel we have visited in Laughlin within the last two months. It was average at best. The rooms are dated. . .spacious but nothing special though the bedding was above average. Had to pay for internet connectivity which is not a good thing. The buffet was horrendous. Very few choices and not well seasoned. Though the facility needs work, the gaming was fun. . .lots of new machines and lots of different denominations. I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lanit50
Flagstaff Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We came to celebrate my Mom and Dads 40th anniversary, My sisters 20th Anniversary and My husbands 50th birthday, I planned this MONTHS in advance. The reservations got messed up as the number on the website actually directed me to Expedia.com I had to contact the manager who is also the manager of the Las vegas hotel and casino the Stratusphere. He is a total liar. He told me he would upgrade my rooms for the trouble I was experiencing and lower my rate. I had already requested river view rooms that were right next to each other but that was not in the computer, I wanted a smoking room for my mom and they did not have that down either. My husband and I went a day early to ensure that they had everything just right. We were also planning on doing special things to the room ie roses and gifts etc. When we arrived I had the managers number as he gave it to me (in case I needed anything) I got to check in and found out that we had three rooms spread out across the entire hotel, non were smoking and they were not river view rooms. I told her I had spoken to the manager and that he had assured me that it was all taken care of. Nothing had been done at all he was just blowing smoke. I tried to call from the front desk I really wanted to give him a piece of my mind but of course he did not answer. I finally asked to speak to the person in charge. They gave me a very nice lady and she fixed our rooms, We recieved patial river view rooms. The Pro's The rooms were georgeos thanks to the remodel ever inch of the hotel, and rooms was immaculate! and so beautiful, it was clean and sparkling, The players club was also wonderful we recieved a ton of perks for very little play and I actually won a few decent pots! we had a great time overall. Not a place for kids and the pool is on the roof with zero shade! And it is HOT! do not book through a second party site and get it in writing It was also sad that they did not offer anything for birthdays or anniversary we had to do it all. And why do none of the resort casinos offer room service anymore? This sucks.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flagbabygirl
O.C. Calif
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We have stayed at this property several times (since being changed from the 'Flamingo') with varying degrees of satisfaction, but our experience has never been outside mediocre enough to warrant the need to write a review. Until now.

Overall the property is kept relatively clean and most staff are friendly, courteous, and helpful. Check-in was quick and room ready when promised. Found our room to be tidy and well stocked with all the normal amenities. Coffee maker and hair dryer included. At arrival, our non-smoking room had the smell of stale cigarettes, but not overpowering. It did take 3 phone calls over 2 days to get the bathtub drain to go down during a shower. You can expect the smells from legal and illegal substances being burned to enter your room via the ventilation system at any given time. Staff and security apparently have no control over this, and cannot prevent it from happening in a diiferent room if we were to change. The loud hotel club noise is another matter.

Management is EXTREMELY aware of these conditions. However, they choose to not disclose them upon check-in. Instead, they feel it is good customer relations to let the room guest get this little surprise on thier own at 11pm when returning to retire for the night. A call to the front desk confirmed the loud, bass-heavy 'music' would continue until 2am. This also explained the two sets of earplugs in the nightstands (YES, REALLY!). I'm sure someone else will confirm this fact.

Now, I have stayed in motels and six-star resorts, but this is absolutely the most blatantly inconsiderate and disrespectful thing I've ever encountered. The property owners are willingly causing a disruption, one that would get any guest removed if they were the source, to increase revenue at the expense of their guest's comfort. Stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: Stay away from the more expensive riverveiw rooms. They are noisey.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ocwes

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Lake Forest, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed for a family emergency. The staff was very accomodating. Rooms were nice, clean, and the view of the river was great. There is a 4 story parking garage so try to get a room on a higher floor for an unobstructed view if room is on that side of the bldg. Lobby had a Starbucks and Subway. Coffee shop and Buffet downstairs. Convenient location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelinf00l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,559 reviews
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort? Share your experiences!