“Great Place To Stay!”

Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Brought my mom (81) and Aunt (75) here for my mom's birthday. Haven't been to Laughlin in 10 years and used to stay at the Colorado Belle but read the reviews and decided to try this place. We paid $39.00 (with tax included) for each room per night. As you drive up, the hotel looks clean and newer than some of the other places. Inside, the place is clean, uncrowded (we arrived on a Sunday afternoon). The casino is a good size and we had no problem finding machines or tables to play. The background music was great (60's/70's) and not blaring. Check in was less than 5 minutes. Went to rooms and they were clean, large and comfortable. I did read another comment about the toilet close to the wall, this is true but it's not that big of a deal! My mom's room overlooked the pool area, ours, the top of the parking garage. Both had views of the river (all the rooms have at least a small view)... The only issue I would warn someone about is if you have a room facing the parking garage side, beware if there is a concert. They were doing sound checks at 9:00 PM and you hear the "boom boom boom". Just something to be aware of. The Cafe was good. We ate there twice and had the buffet once. Buffet of course had a huge variety. I only wanted salad and soup but couldn't resist mash potatoes, gravy and turkey. We also did Outback and it was good. All the people we came in contact were very friendly and helpful. I even got my 75 year old Aunt to roll the dice at the crap table. The crew was very patient with her and we were all laughing WITH her because she kept asking why they were giving her money after rolling the dice. She was thrilled to win $30.00! Overall, it's a great place to stay. I will definitely book here again. I don't know what/how the other reviewers ran into issues but we had a great time and loved it there.

Room Tip: Get the players cards for food discounts
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CVJim
There are newer reviews for Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had a bathroom where the comode didn't work. After we checked in we left the room and were robbed by housekeeping. We spent hours trying to get in touch with a manager who then just ignored our problem. We were given a number to call back and check on our security report and when we called back a day later we were ignored again.
We will never stay there again. We go to Laughlin often because we have water toys. We have a lot of family and friends that go as well and we ALL will never stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank tmccraw
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This property was very nice. We paid paid about 80.00 for 2 nights. The bed was great and the room was large and very clean. The bathroom could have been a little larger but overall it was a great value.Coffeeshop had good food but it was a little overpriced. I would surely stay here again. Here they caharge 10.50 a day for internet. You'd think it would be free as you're gambling there. That's about the only bad thing I can say about this place but it did cause some communication problems with home.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank bmski
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed here on an overnight trip - nothing spectacular but nothing bad, either. One of the front desk personnel was rather rude and unhelpful, but others were very helpful. Clean and comfortable room except for one thing that was wrong in design: one wonders how much closer they could put the toilet to the wall. You have to go into Starbucks (in the hotel) for free Wifi. Seems like all the Laughlin Casinos have a charge for the Wifi, though.

Free breakfast with our room at the Cafe Aquarius - about on par with a Denny's or Perkins. Price was right for an overnight mid-week stay.

Best gambling was at the Riverside.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank easygoing1Arizona
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel and Harrahs....Aquarius has the most updated and nicest rooms for the value, however, it took us three calls and three hours just to get two blankets...with no apology...shortened our sleep that night. The buffet (which i realize is "a buffet") is not worth the $16 - $20 price....would have better served going to The Outback....Lastly, we had visited mostly to enjoy the riverwalk as a break from Las Vegas. Well, SOMEBODY needs to police the casinos for cleanliness and ambiance. It is very nice in front of this hotel but walk next door to the Edgewater and the riverwalk falls into third world country status...it is disgusting...we did not even make it to the farther casinos because of the dirt and litter on the riverwalk....AND my wife and I are very very fair minded people and do not jump at the smallest inconvience....but this is bad...
In general, for the price great room, bad housekeeping service and stinky riverwalk...choose what you enjoy....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Trident743
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I had made reservations for the Aquarius during late May 2011. I had intended to arrive on June 1 and stay for 2 nights.

The reservation confirmation stated that if I had to cancel this reservation, I needed to do so prior to 3pm on May 31 or "possibly" have my first night's deposit forfeited.

During the day on May 31 I became ill and knew that due to my vertigo I would be unable to make the trip. Due to the illness, I was unable to cancel the reservation until later that day. Around 8pm if memory serves me correctly .

I sent the hotel a request via their website explaining the situation and asking for a refund. No refund or reply was forthcoming. I did the same thing this past Wednesday (June 8) and did not receive a reply or any kind of response..

I do understand that hotels have their rules but you would think for customer service and a lousy $60, they could refund this amount.

Just make sure that if you do get sick or die that with this hotel/casino, you do it prior to 3pm.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank madnat
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Recommend for a casino hotel. Stayed in AZ Tower and it was a bit noisy in hallway after 10 p m

• Stayed: May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Tropicana Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!