Boarding House Restaurant at Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It's called The Boarding House Buffet at the Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall in Laughlin
Alta Loma
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

went here for 15.95 steak and lobster special and was not disappointed. my wife also had a burger that was one of the best

Visited December 2012

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“The Buffet Was Lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend in Laughlin just to relax have a good time. We stayed at the hotel so since we arrived Friday evening, we stopped in eat dinner. First let me say that we had the prime rib special and it was absolutely delicious. Cooked perfectly, very flavorful, large thick slice of meat. It came with a baked potatoe, vegetables and dinner salad. That meal was wonderful.

Saturday morning we went in again for the breakfast buffet. They had no bacon. The scrambled eggs were cold. The gravy had no flavor. The hash browns tasted uncooked. The coffee was disgusting and gave my husband a bad taste that lasted into the evening. The fresh watermelon was good.

We went elsewhere for dinner on Saturday night. On Sunday morning after we checked out, we thought we would try the champagne brunch. We both wanted breakfast. This time they had no sausage. The eggs were still unedible. The gravy just had no flavor to it no matter how much salt and pepper you put on it at the table. There was no improvement on the breakfast from the previous day except that the coffee was great on Sunday.

On Sunday there was a lady back in the back corner making toppings to go over vanilla ice cream. She would heat up banana's, apples, berries, cherries, and who knows what else, and add liquid flavoring which would cause a big flame long enough to get your attention. Then she would pour the fruit over the scoop of ice cream. I had the cherries jubilee with just a touch of rum, and it was out of this world good.

Normally I would rave about the buffet meals at the Boardinghouse Cafe but this weekend, the breakfast buffet just lacked in temperature, flavor and taste. Not good at all.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bullhead City, Arizona
“much improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

they recently changed there menu and it has improved way beyond my expectations.the shrimp is great so was the fried chicken.my wife had the chicken fried steak and it was very good and huge with a high quality country gravy.even the ranch dressing was thick and creamy.

Visited December 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,281 helpful votes
“Nice Western Decor/ Food Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stopped by one evening for dinner. They have a special on Saturday nights for all you can eat barbequed ribs. Thought we would give it a try.

The restaurant was very clean, nice decor, clear view of the Colorado River and good, friendly service.

As far as the food, well, it was just average. Salads were basic with good tasting dressing.

The ribs had an overload of barbeque sauce on them...all you tasted was the sauce. Cornbread that fell apart, honey-butter, beans with alot of fat and grease in them, corn on the cob that was rather bland and mushy. Wine was good. One serving of the ribs was enough for us, but we saw others taking more.

All in all, it was average.

Visited November 2012
Van Nuys, CA
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Two of us had a great dinner at the Boardinghouse Cafe. I was able to find more things that I could eat then any other place short of a buffet. The food was great and reasonably priced. I had a Chicken Enchilada layered pie that was excellent. My friend had Chicken Parmigiana that he thought was wonderful. My only knock was that the service was slow. I will certainly eat here again the next time I am in Laughlin

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travelers who viewed Boarding House Restaurant at Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall also viewed