Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Desert Rancho Motel(Bullhead City)
Gretchen's Inn(Bullhead City)
View Hotel
Nevada Club Inn(Bullhead City)
1,147 results
All reviewsprime rib roomcolorado rivernorth towerbowling alleycar museumgourmet roomsun country airlinesmovie theaterbullhead citycharter flightnon smoking sectionsidewalk cafeview of the riverplayers carddavis damplayers clubthe mexican restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2005

I stayed at this hotel in November 2004-charter flight-total package 249.00 with hotel at The Riverside (3 nites). Excellent room with a view of the colorado river. I highly recommend the hotel and staff.

B Roberts

5  Thank bjrWisconsin
Reviewed December 4, 2004

Our hotel room was clean, nothing special, but not a dive either. However, we were really disappointed with the kids' arcades. From the Riverside's Web site, we had the impression the arcades were a big deal, something our twelve-year-old son and his football team would enjoy. What we found was the main arcade was maybe 400 square feet, cramped, and dark with nowhere for parents to hang out nearby. The second "arcade" was just a few machines in the bowling alley. We went to arcades at the Flamingo, Harrah's, and Edgewater hotels. The Harrah's arcade was the best by far and I would highly recommend it over the others.

• Stayed: December 2004
7  Thank spotsandfriday
A TripAdvisor Member
El Segundo, California
Reviewed November 6, 2004

Been reading the reviews. Seems like some people would complain about their sea-cruise liner going up and down. Bear in mind, this is the desert, folks. Good help is hard to find. I just got back from the Riverside, and I can't stop laughing. I drive out from LA about once a year, if I'm lucky, just for the fun of it, and I always stay at the Riverside. I have lived in the desert and I know how it is. To newbies (or egomaniacs) the people might seem unfriendly. Well, you probably seem the same to them. Westerners don't make good "servants". Sorry they can't solve your problems, they got problems of their own.

Drove in at breakfast time. Couldn't check in till 2pm. Sat at the North Tower bar till then, looking like I'd been sleeping in my car, which I had. What hotel in the world lets a stinky, scruffy old geezer sit at their bar drinking free beer? Most gratifying. At least one of the bartenders recognized me but was too polite to say so. Most of the employees have worked here a lo-ong time, a mixed blessing. He also remembered my ex-wife. These guys are elephants. By lunch-time I'd lost $300. The restaurant staff was equally polite, even friendly, to a stinky, scruffy old geezer who by now was also drunk. God bless 'em. Fortified by luch I went back to the bar and lost another $200 before check-in.

I would have played some more in the evening, but all the machines in my section of the building went black, along with the TV in my room. I went downstairs to find a casino full of disgruntled players who were now glued to the money in their dead machines. I'm told this lasted about 3 hours. Everybody (maybe locals) seemed remarkably philosophical, though I did hear a few harsh exchanges, presumably East-Coast liberals.

It had not occurred to me to bring a lot of cash, thinking I could cash a check, but the Riverside computer system was undergoing an upgrade, and you know what that means. It had been down for 2 days. It had probably just come on line when the lights went out. Oh, well. The ATM gave me cash, but I had never thought to upgrade my daily limit. Plan ahead! Being drunk, I decided not to go driving (or even hiking) around town in search of cash, and there was nothing left to do but go to bed.

The following day the ATM gave me more cash and I went back to the North Tower bar, and won back everything I had lost the day before. Then the machines went out again. When they came back on they took everything I had just won back. Sheeeze. Tight is right.

If I have a complaint, it's that housekeeping, when doing the room, did not leave me another sachet of real coffee, condemning me to decaf. That cost him his tip, pardner. Oh, and the little clock (which one Tripadvisor visitor said they didn't have -- the one in his room had probably been stolen) had not been reset from summer time. What ever it said was all right with me, so I didn't fix it. If I'd wanted to know the time I had only to pick up a much-advertised cheap watch downstairs.

I'd give this hotel a much higher rating than 2 blobs, but the other categories don't apply. It's definitely not "neutral". It's a riot. (By the way, I personnally suspect the power outage was some prank by a one or more of a large contingent of jar-heads, possibly Iraq-bound, who had selected this hotel for a pre-deployment party. It's that kind of place. No wonder the maintenance people have a philosophical attitude and the cage people have that deer-in-the-headlights look.)

This place has character. If you're not one, please don't spoil it for the rest of us.

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2004

I got married at this hotel Jan of 99. I have to say if you want a quick and cheap wedding this is it. If you want a full on wedding go somewhere else. During the cruise for your wedding you dont get the boat to yourself there is a tour above your wedding on top deck and you can hear it. The photos are not great, but they are ok. If I had to have a grand wedding, I wouldn't do it there, but I wanted a quick wedding so thats what I got. Hope this review was helpful for anyone about to get married there...

1  Thank Amy714
A TripAdvisor Member
Portland, OR
Reviewed September 5, 2004

Great place. Been their 4 times and will return again and again...

• Stayed: January 2005