“Day Spa”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Medora, North Dakota
“Day Spa”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I give the 5 stars strictly because of the day spa! I went to check out the spa "facilities" and realized it had treatment rooms with NO hot tub or steam room. When I realized there were no facilities to use, I was a little hesitant to spend the money just on a massage. I decided to just try it out. Peggy was my masseuse, and she was very experienced! She did EVERYTHING I expect and did a great job! It was a fabulous experience! I will most definitely be booking another massage with Peggy next year!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Fredska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
St. paul, mn
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Approximately 2 years ago, I wrote an extremely negative review of Riverside Resort. I stand by the opinions I expressed at that time, as they were based on years of traveling to Laughlin, and using the Riverside as my initial destination. I recently visited Laughlin, and I can now say that my impression of this property have improved vastly. I give kudos to the RIverside for making solid, and highly visible efforts to update and upgrade the hotel/casino. The casino area has been freshened with new carpet and players club area. The hotel front desk is attractive and functional. Most importantly, the rooms seem cleaner, brighter, and the mattresses are some of the most comfortable I have slept in while staying in a hotel. The pillows, however, feel like burlap bags overstuffed with upholstery foam pellets. I stayed one night, and switched properties when I discovered crickets in my bedding. I understand that this is a common problem in Laughlin, and there was a flyer in the room indicating such. The Riverside still has a long way to go, but what they have accomplished to date deserves to be recognized.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank sljstp
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have stayed here twice and been very satisfied with the rooms and the Casino. 1st trip stayed in South Tower, River view room -- perfect. 2nd trip, North Tower, River view room, a bit noisy in the a.m.
All in all a great place to stay. Great service.

Room Tip: Choose South Tower
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

For value for money, Laughlin is a good place to visit. Downside to my stay at any casino hotels is that I'm a nonsmoker and non-gambler. If it wasn't for using casino hotels as the base to play golf and enjoy entertainment with friends, I would be very a reluctant visitor and guest.

Riverside hotel & casino is dated. You can see it and feel it beds and furnishings. But hey, we all get what we pay for. It's a fair price for what you get.

The only issue I have with Riverside, despite their nonsmoking gambling and guest rooms, for which I am thankful, is that better dining and bars are in smoking areas.

I will be making this annual golf trip next year too. I don't know if better option(s) exist for nonsmokers but I will explore for one.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dayton, Washington
Reviewed February 17, 2014

As one of the older resorts in Laughlin Dons is still fun has good entertainment and a host of good resturants. There top line resturant hard to beat anywhere and happy hour over the Colorado river awsome. North tower rooms best due to decks

Room Tip: N tower has decks
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Michael M
Williston, North Dakota
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've probably been to this casino atleast 20 times in the last two years. I absolutely love this place, the rooms are very nice and clean. It's one of the best values in Laughlin, and there flight and room comps are excellent, food is pretty decent to. The gormet room is just excellent, great dining experience and awesome food. The service is great in this place as well.

I would highly recommend the riverside!

Room Tip: pretty much all of the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Steve J
usa
Reviewed February 9, 2014

while this was an excellent "deal", it seems they could spend some money on updates in the rooms. the room was very clean, but the beds were old, room smelled like smoke. the pool area was nice but abandoned. surely a missed opportunity for making money, as the bar was closed, etc. I would return as the staff and casino was awesome, but they really need to consider updating or this place will be "done" soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nursemary10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,281 reviews

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!