Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort
$33
$25
$188
$180
Edgewater Hotel & Casino(Laughlin)(Great Value!)
$22
1,159 results
All reviewsprime rib roomcolorado rivernorth towerbowling alleycar museumgourmet roomsun country airlinesmovie theaterbullhead citycharter flightnon smoking sectionsidewalk cafeview of the riverplayers carddavis damplayers clubthe mexican restaurant
Reviewed April 27, 2004

I've stayed here a gillion times. I've stayed at all the others in Laughlin and none of them have been as good. Several things I would suggest however. First, if you are a non-smoker, request to stay in the North Tower with a room facing the dam. These rooms are larger and have a small balcony. You can see both the desert and the river from any of these room. Second, prepay if you can and give them a credit card only for check-in purposes insisting that no line of credit be opened. Then check with your credit card company that your request has been honored. I would not use a debit card attached to your checking account unless you have lots of extra money in that account. I've had my credit card number stolen twice while at this hotel and the check-in staff is NOT good about honoring your request. A call to a supervisor will usually correct things. If you are planning to eat in the Prime Rib Room, call up to 30 days in advance for reservations and ask for a window seat or booth. These tables are three stories up and sit right over the river. Of all the standard prime rib dinners, this is the best. They don't have all the selections of the buffets, but their quality is better and the price is the same. Also, don't order iced tea anywhere in Laughlin. It is the WORST!!!! A nice side trip is going over to Oatman, a little mining town with live wild burrors. It is on route 66 and you can take the scenic back road into Kingman. It's a nice day trip and in the spring the wildflowers and cactus are in bloom.

• Stayed: January 2005
13  Thank Sharon2222
Mount Vernon , Iowa
Reviewed March 31, 2004

My wife's birthday was on the 26th of March and for her Birthday I
planned a trip to The Riverside resort and casino. I wanted everything
to be perfect.

The bar was set real high by Rienaldo when he took our reservation. He
was open, congenial, and a very informed and informative individual. I
told him about my wives asthema and he made sure we had a non-smoking
room.

Having not been in Laughlin for around 10 years I was very apprehensive about the rooms. I called down several times to check out things and I also had a few questions about weather, etc. One individual stickes out in my mind during the calls and that was Marsha. What a pleasent person, answered all my questions very direct and honestly.

All in all the trip was one of the best ones we have had even though we
had to spend another night in Laughlin due to aircraft problems.

The rooms was very clean and did not smell of smoke. In fact, the air
was crisp the minute we stepped off the elevator. The only thing I had
against the room were the small pillows on the bed. Of course, that
seems to be standard practice in a lot of the hotels these days.

The slots were not that lose,but, we are use to the slots in Iowa.
There were several that we had not seen or played before so that made
it interesting. I guess when you go to a place like the Riverside to
gamble, you have a budget to play with and if you win that is a added
benefit.

One of the things I wish I could to on our next trip to Lauglin, is to
meet Mr. Laughlin and visit with him. He has got to be a fascinating
person. I did not speak to an employee that had anything bad to say
about the man. He sure is well liked by his staff. They told be that He
comes down into the Casino in the evenings and visits with the
customers.

Do to our great time, My wife and I will be going back and staying at
the Riverside South tower. Great place and great fun....... By the way,
the comps and the best in town.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
casa grande, az
Reviewed March 18, 2004

the rooms were dirty and stunk to high heavens the staff was rude and NOT helpful the rooms were NOT prepared (no towels, no toilet paper, no hot water, no ANYTHING!) The best thing about it was, uhmmmmm, I don,t know.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee WI
Reviewed March 2, 2004

Cave Creek, AZ
Reviewed February 22, 2004

This is one dirty, run down casino. The whole place was dark and dingy.
We are smokers but the smell was so rank. There was no ventilation. The employees seemed to hate working there as they were not very friendly and have no customer service skills. The room had dirty linens scattered on the floor and virtually no extra amenities. The view of the river was nice but not worth the suffering of staying there. The food was disgusting to put it mildly and the lines to eat were miles long. TIGHTEST SLOTS I've ever experienced in my life. I expect to lose money but not all of my budget in 2 or 3 hours. We checked out a day early because our gambling money was shot and there was nothing left to do except suffer on the horrible bed for another night. NO THANKS. It was the most miserable $1000 trip I've ever taken. Thanks alot Mr.
Laughlin. Take the money I donated and fix the place up a little.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member