“Love the staff”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Winnipeg, Canada
“Love the staff”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Don Laughlin's Riverside last year. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff in general were helpful our room was clean which is the most important thing. Yes, the property itself is a bit out dated but I cannot say enough about the table games staff. I have played in many casinos around the world and the staff are the best. The truly enjoy working there and it shows. Even when I was losing they made it entertaining. It was super hot outside so the casino held my interest. The only thing was the buffet it was not as good as I had expected but once again the service was there. I am looking forward to going back this year and hope that I will not only be entertained but come home a winner.

Room Tip: Rooms on the smoking side are closer to the casino
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nyzus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our senior center arranged a 3 day Luau Trip to Riverside by bus...the price was good...Riverside staff made the Luau such a nice event...the food was really good, they served champagne, had wonderful desserts, coffee on the tables, really nice service people...they had entertainment, two great singers, nice music and a dance floor...they gave gifts and prizes, like $10 casino coins...I did not win any but my friends did and they were happy, and I was happy...I write this review, because some other members did not go, because they thought it would be a junky luau...this was my 3rd time going to a Riverside Resort event...my advice to other seniors, go when they offer you a deal...it was 3 days, 2 nights, comp dinner buffet, 2 breakfast comp tickets, the Luau party and dinner...they give discount coupons, they handle all the luggage, back and forth to your room, free coffee & Danish cake and donuts and fruit at the morning bingo game, and very nice service people...nice rooms...the slots were really loose, not everybody would agree, but I was happy, I didn't make more money than I took, but I had a great time...
.what more do you want?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank MarineT
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and always enjoyed the amenities they offered. I am coming to Laughlin this weekend to celebrate my husbands birthday and i wanted to book a room for 1 night. They would not accommodate my request and gave me some lame excuse about technical availability. What exactly is Technical availability? . Well needless to say I booked a room in a neighboring hotel and will be celebrating my husbands birthday and I will not be doing business with Riverside again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Debbie K

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family of four had a great time at the Riverside. A must in Laughlin for families. There is so much to do and the food is good and reasonable priced, everything is reasonably priced. The rooms are decent.

--Things to do right on sight:--

Movie theater
Bowling Alley
Kids Castle (like kids quest - supervised childrens activities)
Swimming Pool
River tour
Day Spa
Full Service Casino

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MikeStarrJr
Menifee, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Riverside Resort is competitively priced for the area, and the rooms are "hotel basic", except for spectacular, direct river views on one side. Plusses were blackout curtains (essential for the river side), a long bathroom counter, daily maid service, and fast elevators. Gamblers can choose from a non-smoking or smoking casinos, and family friendly activities include swimming, a car museum (with some exceedingly rare vehicles), gift shops, bowling, a Kid Castle, and a six screen movie theater. The views are great from the aptly named Riverview Restaurant (a coffee shop), and two other restaurants offer prime rib and European cuisine. The only drawback is that patrons of Dreyer's, Cinnabon, and Pizza Hut have to traipse through the smoking section of the casino. Staff were friendly and helpful. Fans of river recreation can be at Lake Meade in just a few minutes. There is an extensive river boardwalk that allows guests to enjoy the casinos and restaurants of adjacent properties.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a river view room in the South Tower (the newest section of the hotel). Anyone wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mammoth56_13
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Best staff ever,rooms very clean,food choices the best,my 8th year going here,hopefully many more,keep up the good friendly atmosphere,i go here 3 to 4 times a year,and would highly recommend the riverside,much more friendly then las vegas

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Robert A
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was our first time staying in laughlin so we decided to stay at the riverside . We usually stay at hotels based on reviews of prior guest but since it was 4th of July we didn't have much time to do any research hotels were being booked up fast. But luckily the riverside had rooms available so once we booked our room I started reading reviews and they didn't speak very highly of the riverside so we were a little apprehensive to say the least . But from day 1it was awesome our room had a nice view of the strip comfortable beds very clean rooms we had dinner and lunch at the riverside buffet food was super good best fried chicken we have ever eaten . The waitress's were very friendly and the view of the river was super cool . We took our 16 yr old son along with us and had a great time at the bowling alley and swimming pool the Riverside is very family friendly hotel . We were very impressed with the overall stay and would recommend Don Laughlins Riverside Hotel to all family and friends looking forward to coming back

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Vlgcc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!