“The best first experience ever”

Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
“The best first experience ever”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was our first time staying in laughlin so we decided to stay at the riverside . We usually stay at hotels based on reviews of prior guest but since it was 4th of July we didn't have much time to do any research hotels were being booked up fast. But luckily the riverside had rooms available so once we booked our room I started reading reviews and they didn't speak very highly of the riverside so we were a little apprehensive to say the least . But from day 1it was awesome our room had a nice view of the strip comfortable beds very clean rooms we had dinner and lunch at the riverside buffet food was super good best fried chicken we have ever eaten . The waitress's were very friendly and the view of the river was super cool . We took our 16 yr old son along with us and had a great time at the bowling alley and swimming pool the Riverside is very family friendly hotel . We were very impressed with the overall stay and would recommend Don Laughlins Riverside Hotel to all family and friends looking forward to coming back

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Vlgcc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Palm Springs, California, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My Husband and I were spending our 15 year wedding Anniversary..I had booked a riverside room on june 1oth.When we arrived I asked for the room and they were all booked..We were given a room on the South Tower.I also asked for a balcony and we were given access to the roof instead and we had no view at all..Kids were running up and down the hallways, ice machine was empty,..Beds very uncomfortable..I will never stay here again..We had lunch at the riverview Resturant..Our waitress was Mary and she was the worst..We asked for 2 beers and she complained out loud and said I have to go to the bar as if she didn't want to..She was not pleasant at all..The food was perfect..She gave us our check and didn't bother to ask us if there's any thing else you would like..I didn't even give her a Tip..My Suggestion don't stay here and I will never return here again..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Cindy H

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We paid to upgrade to a River View room, but I think maybe the rooms are all very similar.
The carpet is threadbare, the furniture and decor are outdated (Except for the TV), the bedskirts were ripped, the wallpaper was torn and the paint in the bathroom was peeling off the wall. There is no fan in the bathroom so the whole room gets very hot after a shower. Highly in need of a re-model.
If you are looking for a cheap place that is just OK stay here.

1 Thank lulu2
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I took the package deal from Houston and we were an hour late taking off on Sunday afternoon but otherwise the flight was smooth, the shuttle transportation quick and I got the room that I requested in the NORTH TOWER. I can't emphasize enough that the regular rooms on the 10th floor of the NORTH TOWER are remodeled with new beds and a new LG tv. My room was clean and room 1000 at the end of the hall on the 10th floor but I still had a balcony with a view of the river and peace and quiet. I stayed there June 23-27th. The glass elevator desperately needed cleaning and the elevators at times were malfunctioning but the price was right and I had a very good stay. The a/c at times was not adequate but they were having higher than normal June temps in Laughlin. The prices in the gift shop were a little lower than other hotels. The hotel give you very few toiletries and the soap is like washing with sandpaper so do take your own shampoo and body wash with you. Also, while housekeeping did always clean my room early in the day they did not refill the plastic cups in the bathroom so I had to keep my cups to reuse later as I was near an ice machine and had some drinks with me. All the staff that I interacted with were helpful. The South Tower pool area could have used a little cleaning and the pool was not real clean. I knew enough from experience not to gamble in the casino there as the slots are really tight. The desserts in the Bingo Paradise hall were delicious--had a killer piece of chocolate cake one night there and the staff at Bingo Paradise was very friendly and accommodating. The Riverside looked cleaner to me this time than it had in years.

Room Tip: 10th floor of North Tower.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank starflet63
Chanhassen, Minnesota
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We did the Riverside resort package through the hotel June 20-23rd. It included air/hotel/transfers for a low price. I upgraded my room to a suite in the South Tower. The reason they call it a suite is they add a loveseat/table to the room and you have a larger bathroom. It had also had a balcony and river view. The room had been renovated. The décor is average - but keep in mind this is a lower budget hotel. The room was clean.

This is definitely an older hotel. It has been added onto a few times but there are overhead signs that will direct you to the different areas. The hotel/casino area is in desperate need of renovation or at least some deep cleaning.

We ate at the buffet one day for breakfast. Food was average. The restaurant was in dire need of a thorough cleaning. Also ate at Fatburger. For fast food it was pretty good. Had dinner at the Mexican restaurant. I was disappointed with the margarita (it was a mix). The food was ok. The rest of the time we ate at other resorts.

All of the staff we encountered were very nice and helpful.

The reviews you have read about the slots being tight are 100% true. We didn't see any handpays and not much for even bonuses coming up on machines.

We went to the outlet center. Had a few good shops with some good deals.

One night we went to Losers lounge. Bands were good. It was a very interesting crowd. Another night we went to the bar that has karaoke.

Walked the river walk and took water taxi's. Nice to take a ride on the river.

All in all if you want to take an inexpensive trip that is low key - it is a decent deal. We normally go to Las Vegas every year but decided to try Laughlin. I prefer Las Vegas.

Room Tip: The south tower is all non smoking rooms and I believe they are in the process of renovating all roo...
3 Thank Wendy G
British Columbia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Well back we went to the Riverside in April and as usual had a great time. The place was clean and the staff were helpful as usual. There flight times have changed now so I think I will enjoy it alot better. I hated getting up at 6 to catch a flight out at 930 am. I think that would have been my only complaint. But the times are changed and we will definitely be back in the fall.

Room Tip: Get a room in the south tower and get one high enough to see the river
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank breezytease
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Price is right and we have always been treated great by the entire staff at this resort/casino. From the dealers to the bartenders most all of them like to have fun with the customer and they are even backed by a friendly pit boss!

Room Tip: North tower has balconies and the pool is better. South tower might be a little more convenient and...
2 Thank GroovyZ06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!