“Reasonable value although hotel rooms need to be updated”

Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Riverside offers flight and room packages from the mid-west where we live. The prices are very affordable and The Riverside has been doing these long enough to work out the kinks.
There is a bus to drive you from the airport to the hotel and check in was simple with envelopes all ready with our room keys, players club cards and return flight instructions conveniently available. We were in the south tower on the tenth floor. The room is adequate however would greatly benefit from an update. The TV is an old tube style one and the bathroom amenities (soap/shampoo) are pretty skimpy. Otherwise- the room was fine and kept clean by housekeeping. The Riverside has restaurants for every level of interest and budget, movie theaters, a bowling alley, a free car museum, many shops and of course, plenty of gambling. Our envelope contained some discount coupons and you can earn comps as you play which are displayed on the machines when you put your card in.
The main casino can get smoky depending on where we play but they do have a non-smoking area.

4  Thank paulobster
Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were very satisfied with our stay here. The room was very clean and spacious. We had very good service at the desk. Our only complaint was the cost of drinks. $4.75 for a very small martini? We would stay again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cocoliz
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We arrived 01-06 around 0830 and finally got our room at 1pm which is understandable due to the fact most people do not check out till 11 so it takes a bit for the maids to get the rooms ready. We were on 6th North Tower North end of it. Room was comfortable and good view. Place does need a tad bit upgrading. The place was really clean. The smoke was bad on Sun that we had to walk through but not bad the other 4 days. Staff was friendly and helpful if asked. Great Bfast (Giant Ham Steak). Great time all in all and would go back.

Room Tip: River View are good.
4  Thank henshaw52658
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Went to the Riverside Resort for a Square Dancing Festival called the "Holiday Hop". The hotel was clean & comfortable, although a bit worn around the edges. The buffet was excellent and well stocked. The main casino was smokey at times, but they have a very nice non smoking area that has a good variety of machines as well as a couple places to eat.

The bell desk was very helpful when needed, and the staff was friendly as well as knowledgeable about the local area.

Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have less outside lighting that comes through the curtains at night.
2  Thank Bill R
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We haven't actually stayed in the hotel but some friends did. The rooms are ok, nothing fancy. Harrahs much nicer. Lots of choices for slots but the smell is terrible. Not enough ventilation. You need to shower when you leave the casino.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke and do like to gamble. This is probably not the place for you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lb0407
Reviewed January 12, 2013

At check in the lady was extremely rude. She was so rude, in fact, that she didn't even call me over while I was waiting in line, it was here coworker that turned to me and said that she could help me. That seemed to upset her because she just rolled her eyes and sarcastically asked how she could help me. When I handed her my drivers license saying I was checking in she just walked away then stopped to talk with someone then slowly made her way back to me, then grabbed her drink and slowly (SLOWLY) took a few sips of her soda, sat it down then picked it back up for more. Then she looked up and told me there was a $4 charge for the room keys, I must have looked surprised when I asked why because she rudely said "You must be new here" she then rudely said "since you have never been here before I guess I have to tell you how the door key works". After going through all that she gave me the key and walked away. I asked if we were done and she just sarcastically said yes and left the area. Leaving me to find my room, which took a good hour since I had never been there and had no idea where to go. First impressions are everything and my impression of this hotel was bad after that. On a positive note the beds were kinda comfortable and for the most part the room was somewhat clean. I don't think I will stay here again because of my experience. I have stayed at other places in laughlin that I like much better.

3  Thank lroz
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just got back from a gambling junket at the Riverside using Sun Country Air. The Riverside rooms are OK but they really need to add some TV channels and get rid of those DIRTY comforters. I put on some gloves I had just to throw it on the floor. The rest of the property is is kept up pretty well. Good hot dogs at the snack bar. The casino is old school with low ceilings and is smokey. The smoke free south side is much nicer. We had great food at the Gourmet Room and it is nice to have the movie theaters to take a break in. Staff seem helpful.
I think the best deal is to look into their Sun Country Air packages. It includes direct flight, rooms transfers and other goodies. It cost $270 from Montana for a 4 night stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!