“Hotel-Exceeded expectations/Casino-Below expectations”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Green Bay
“Hotel-Exceeded expectations/Casino-Below expectations”
Reviewed March 4, 2008

Stayed at the Riverside Resort from 2/28/08 - 3/3/08 as part of a junket from Green Bay. For $320 for flight/hotel/transfers.. I wasn't expecting a whole lot. We arrived at the hotel at 10am on 2/28 and were allowed to check into a room at noon but were warned that the room may not be cleaned yet. It wasn't, but that was OK by me. It was just nice to be able to get a room so we could get settled in. Our room was on the 25th floor, was big and had a beautiful westerly view of mountains. The restaurants has good food and the bars had good drinks (great bloody marys!). The only bad thing was their blackjack rules. They only allow you to double down on 10's and 11's (or anything above that if you are dumb enough to bet it!!). I was also disappointed with their players club. The first day I must have played 6 hours worth of blackjack (usually $5 bets). The next day I checked my comp's. I had 87 cents!!!! What a slap in the face!! Most of my gaming for the remainder of the days took place at the neighboring casinos. All-in-all I would definelty make this trip again.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
kingman
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We stayed along time ago at the Riverside and only had a standard room, that was a disappointment, so this time I booked an Executive Suite to check it out....LOVED IT!!! The room was huge and the bathroom, totally awesome!!! We had 3 balconies with a different view on each one. From now on when we go to Laughlin, it's what we will book.

The only issues I have with this hotel is there is no room service and not really a decent place to eat, unless you like standing in line. It does get crowded and the slot machines are super tight, but that's okay, since I rarely gamble. We mostly stayed in our room and out of all the times I've been to Laughlin, this was the most enjoyable, I think it's because of the room itself. Had a nice flat screen TV, a fridge, a sofa, chairs, coffee pot (only 1 cup at a time tho) and a lovely garden tub. It is no issue to find another place in laughlin to eat at, and I highly recommend Casa Serrano...the service is terrific and the food excellent for mexican food. If you want to gamble, the place to go is at The Regency (loose slots) and the high roller area at the Tropicana, however, for accomodations....the Executive Suite at the Riverside is the best! Definately going back in April!!

• Liked — The whole Suite
  • Disliked — no room service
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank Manxmk
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Riverside Casino RV park Laughlin Neveda
December 18, 2007
This was our second year to spend time at the Riverside RV park in Laughlin. We found the park friendly and a pleasant place to stay. On December 18, 2007 the park had lots of water at the curb from a fire hydrant, their backhoe was using it 's bucket to push the water down the curb and hit our truck ripping the mirror off and doing damage to our truck . Our neighbor wittnessed the accident and alerted us. We waved down security filled out reports, we all took pictures. Our neighbors filled out a report also. The Backhoe never even stopped. We contacted guest services and were told 7-10 day we would hear from their insurance company. Needless to say they don't return calls or awnser their phone. 1 month later after one call from their insurance office telling us we would hear from their adjuster back we go to guest services . Guest services puts us on the phone with the adjuster he tells us as we have traded our truck for a new vehicle we have no loss, but that he would call the dealer we sold our truck to and see if the offered us less for our trade in. At this time Feb 2008 we have not heard from the Riverside nor have they called the car dealer. We called again today Feb 11, 2008 no awnser left message again. We cancelled our reservation we had at the Riverside park for last week as we no longer feel safe having our rv there. Yes we have insurance but is it worth the risk.... I think not. We are still trying to deal with this we have time but are not satisfied with the way The Riverside Casino and RV has delt with us. Fairbanks, Alaska Judy and Everett Bartlett

Stayed December 2007
6 Thank jujualaska

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Louth, Ireland
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Stayed here in January 2008, and got a good walk in rate.

Hotel is quite dated, but room was very spacious with all essential amenities. Spotlessly clean.

Karaoke bar was a scream - some people take it VERY seriously, and don't take too kindly to some people (me maybe??!!) enjoying their warbly efforts!! Great entertainment though...

Security at the bar would not accept my European Driver's licence as a form of ID, but I stood my ground - funny that 27 European governments find no problem!!!

Buffet was plentiful, with lots of choice.

Gambling - was most popular with the older generation, but I had no complaints.

Would recommend no problem.

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank ostan14
Covina, California
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I just got back from staying here for 2 nights. This hotel has very nice rooms, bowling alley, movie theatre with new movies, night time shows--we saw the Rat Pack and it was great; spa and salon; dance lessons; car collection; the Watch Man, many restaurants, more.
I would recommend the Riverside Cafe and Casa Serrano for dining.
Also, every employee we met was kind and helpful. I appreciate the positive attitudes.

• Liked — Variety of activities
  • Disliked — dinner buffet could be improved
  • Stayed January 2008
7 Thank caltravelgal
Portland, OR
Reviewed January 17, 2008

I wanted a last minute getaway before Christmas so had to take the dog. Booked a dog room in the annex. What a great concept that is. However, the annex is not convenient, and the rooms are disgusting. I was prepared to overlook all of that but when I went to throw out a tissue in the toilet and there was dried "stuff" all around the inside, I packed up and left.
Believe me, I'm not a clean fanatic...we travel with a dog all the time and know what the standards are.
This was just not acceptable.

Stayed December 2007
12 Thank zlew
Lake Jackson Texas
Reviewed January 12, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at hotels and played casinos in La, Nv, and Az and we have never had such a great experience as our first stay with the Riverside Resort. The food is amazing, the staff is friendly and eager to assist, and the gaming is great. Mr. Laughlin has created a great atmosphere and we will be returning as often as possible. These folks make you feel like family.

• Liked — The staffs
  • Disliked — Pillows
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
8 Thank RevBuddyB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!