“Nice! Real Nice :)”

Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Winchester, CA
Reviewed October 20, 2003

This was our first experience with Laughlin, and we really had a great time! Spent 4 days/3 nights at the Riverside, took the river cruise, caught Mary Wilson, formerly of the Supremes {Great Show!}, ate at the Buffet and Prime Rib Lounge {the mashed potatoes & gravy are to die for!}, shopped, gambled, etc.We bought the show tickets in a package deal {at the window} for $37 each, which included our first dinner at the Prime Rib lounge; Great Price for dinner and a show!!!I think we have a new "home" in Laughlin!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

lLITTLETON CO
Reviewed September 22, 2003

Had a great flight to laughlin - things went very smoothly, and everyone we came in contact was very nice.rooms were ok - not elaborate, but clean and furnished o.k. food was good, especially the prime rib room. hada problem in the coffee shop, but it was handled very efficiantly.They have the worst slot machines in Laughlin. They are old, tight and cannot win a thing.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Apple Valley,CA
Reviewed September 9, 2003

did not stay there ,but bowl there ever year .was find til` are truck got hit by one of the valet drivers than it went all down hill

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2003

You get what you pay for. The rooms are a good price, the hotel rooms and the casino does have a rather musty odor.The pool is ok,unspectacular,limited hours.The casino, while it could stand some refurbishing is still attractive, with a beutiful river view.Nice low minimum blackjack and craps with good gaming rules. Attentive cocktail service. Very good value for food in resturants with good fare offered.
The losers lounge is a rather sleazy establishment where the riff raff seem to congregate.I always visit the movie theater in between gaming sesions and enjoy the rather nice bowling facilities. The sport book is good also. I saw the Charlie Prose show and had a great time,pretty decent showroom.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
farmington, nm
Reviewed July 15, 2003

if you are noy sure where to stay. then this is the place. i have been to the riverside many times. and it doesnt get boring. theres something for everyone at the riverside.A++++++

Scottsdale,Arizona
Reviewed July 8, 2003

Laughlin is the place to be for the 4th of July. A firworks display that rivals New York. "Spectacular" is the best word to use. I had put off making reservations till the last moment and found the hotel I enjoyed was booked. I don't like suprises. I'm a Vegas suite type person. Service, Amenities, Convenience, and surroundings are very important. A hotel I'm not familiar with is now my problem. I went to the internet for help - reading every experience and review about all accomdations available in Laughlin before I attempted to make reservations. The reviews on Don Laughlins Resort and Casino were not favorable but somewhat mixed. It was was last choice by what I had read. Unfortunately turned out to be fortunately there was not a vacancy on the strip. I had promised the kids Fireworks in Laughlin and a dinner cruise on the Celebration Bell. The only choice of the weekend was Don Laughlin's or cancel the trip. I wanted to cancel but the look of disaapointment in the childrens eyes made me call reservations even though I thought it was against my better judgement. I spoke to a informed, curtious, understanding reservationist named Caryl. I discussed my concerns about what I had encountered on the internet and she listened carefully and addressed each one professionally. Still I did not make reservations until the following day. The traffic out of Phoenix was horrible and as we sat bumper to bumper for 2 hours I anticipated an uncomfortable weekend. Upon arriving the valet was immediate, check-in was great, our rooms well...I did a 360 they were clean, comfortable with a beautiful view of the Colorado River. No it's not a suite in Vegas ...this is Laughlin and Don Laughlin's Resort and Casino does it best. I expect to get what I pay for and with such low room rates I did'nt expect much. You get more than what you pay for here. Needless to say, we had one of the most memorible trips of our lives. The kids had a blast, there's bowling, movies, archades. The staff no matter where you are in the hotel from change people in the casino, waitresses, housekeepers etc. go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The food is great and you can get whatever you want 24hrs. a day. The Riverside Restaurant for breakfast was particularly relaxing and wonderful. If I had to describe Don Laughlin Resort and Casino in a single sentence I would say, "It's a place of fun, excitement with something for the whole family" Our family will continue to make the 4th of July weekend an annual event at Don Laughlin's Resort and Casino. Already. I can't wait until next year.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2003

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort? Share your experiences!