“Worst experience ever!!!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
San Diego, CA
“Worst experience ever!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2007

This is the worst my family and I ever experienced staying in a hotel. From manager to front clerks are all unprofessional and rude. Rooms and the entirety of the hotel is filthy. Rate is not bad but, you'll get what you paid for. This hotel and it's workers don't know the meaning of customer service at all. Will never stay again in this hotel.

• Liked — NOTHING AT ALL
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank emro1205

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Spokane
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Not a bad place. Seemed like a big hangout for the locals. Food was ok, but nothing to write home about.

We got a "high end room" that wasn't anything overly special.

The whole area, or valley had a weird feel to us.

• Liked — We left a day early
  • Disliked — Probably should have asked more questions about the rooms first and asked for a fresher one
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RandBSpokane
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We just got back after spending 5 days at the Avi. It was a decent resort with lots of options and things to do. Our kids LOVED Kid's Quest. They wanted to keep going back and the staff there was great. Our room was nothing fancy, we asked for a standard room, but then got a view of a wall (it felt like prison). After 2 nights we were moved to rooms with a view. Next time, I would pay more to reserve a room with a view. Well worth it.
The restraunts were nice. The only downside is that this resort seems to want families to be there, BUT there is not a single kids menu in either restraunt (Italian and Cafe). That made it a little difficult and more expensive. They need kids menus. The pool was nice, a little cloudy, but perfect place to cool down.
The movie theatre on site was a nice treat too! We saw 2 movies during the week.
Great family trip, we will probably return.

Stayed June 2007
6 Thank kitkat51
California
Reviewed May 27, 2007

While we have been staying at the Avi since it opened, not all their upgrades have impressed us. The beach was a great addition...but when the shade huts went up there were too many restrictions. They have since lightened up. The "kids quest" looks great but our kids are too old for it now. The new beach tower looked like it worked well for people with watercraft. Until this trip we could never get a room in that tower. Now that we have I don't want to ever stay in it again. The rooms were excessivly noisy. It smelled. One tiny elevator for the entire wing. Access through the door to the parking lot locks after 10:00pm, the key card lock was removed and it takes 15 minutes to walk around the hotel back to your room. Just FYI.
The new pool looks great, but on closer inspection it's only 3 feet deep - The whole pool. Who can swim in that? I guess it works for little kids and for the loungers. We would like to swim though.
On the up side they have good palces to eat and nice grounds. The casino looks ok, but I'm not a gambler.

• Liked — Beach access
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank kdlh

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Ventura County, CA
Reviewed May 14, 2007

We stayed at the Avi for the second leg of our honeymoon and it was great.

The food was really delicious, the property was beautiful, everything was convenient, and the pool was incredible.

The casino was a little small and catered to an older crowd, and sometimes the staff were a little offputting, but hardly to a point that ever made me uncomfortable enough to want to leave. I was disappointed to find out that they only rented wave runners on the weekend, but it wasn't a long drive into Laughlin proper to do that.

Oh! And the drink service was great - speedy and strong.

• Liked — The pool!
  • Disliked — The casino - it was small, but still fun.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VSParra
Marina, California
Reviewed May 1, 2007

I stayed at Avi for two nights, looking simply for a cheap hotel room to escape to. I don't gamble, was alone, and wasn't really interested in eating out or doing much of anything.
The rate I got (Monday and Tuesday) was incredible, and it initially made me very skeptical of the hotel. Upon arrival, I was quite impressed. Despite not gambling, I've been in quite a few casinos and this one certainly seems to stand up to the others Laughlin, and I even thought it was better than the Ramada, where I had previously stayed.
I had actually intended to stay just one night and then stay the next somewhere else, but was impressed enough by the facilities and room rates to request a second night.
The complex is not huge, but the pool is. I'm certainly not complaining, but it seemed excessive for the size of the hotel. The hotel is also on a man-made lagoon fed by the river, which is actually quite nice. I didn't hit any of the tables or restaurants, but I did have a beer at the bar. The beer selection would be one of my few complaints, and the bartender informed me that the keg was something like 200 feet from the tap, which made the draft beer taste awful. It was fairly cheap though (no comp since I wasn't playing the video poker).
The room was large and my view was decent. I was expecting a brick wall but actually got desert vegetation and the distant lights of Bullhead. The hallways were also relatively quiet.
There were a couple of maintenance issues in the room: the toilet ran and the coffee maker wasn't cleaned before I arrived. Pretty minor though and not important in the greater context of the stay.
I was disappointed that there wasn't a shuttle to the distant Laughlin (it's a LONG drive) or even the two supermarkets just across the river in Fort Mohave.
It's also important to remember that this is not Vegas. This isn't even Reno. Laughlin is its own place and shouldn't really be compared to any other gambling resort towns.
Overall, it was a very good experience and I would certainly stay here again, especially if I got the same, incredible rate.

• Liked — Rates, pool, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Isolated location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
5 Thank colinaz
Minnesota
Reviewed March 8, 2007

I stayed here over the President's day weekend Feb. 2007. I chose Avi because it was cheaper than any of the other hotels in Laughlin though when I checked in they were going to charge me a higher rate on Sunday night than I had booked. They did correct it without a problem. The room was an average room - nothing special. It was clean and comfortable. We ate at the buffet most of the time. The price was reasonable, the food was good, and the selection was good also. The pool and beach area are a nice addition. One of the best features was a movie theater on the site. I golfed at the Mojave golf course across the street. The price was reasonable - not cheap but not very expensive. You get a break for staying at the hotel, and if you want to golf after 1 p.m., you get the twilight rate. The course was in excellent condition. If you want to stay away from the busier area of Laughlin, this is the place to stay. Nice hotel for the price!

• Liked — Reasonable price
  • Disliked — Hard bed
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MinnesotaVisitor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort, BW Premier Collection
#4 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!