“great rv park”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
walnut grove, ca
“great rv park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

This is our second time to the property and in all fairness we have not been guests in the hotel. We have a 40 rv and have stayed across the road at Avi's KOA campground. We were here for three days and had an excellent experience. The park is immaculate and the staff is very professional.
We spent some time in the casino and we had a lot of fun. I know this would not be my first choice for casinos with Las Vegas so close but it was fine for our purposes and very convenient to where we are "camping". The property is very quiet and very natural compared to the properties in the city of Laughlin and of course Las Vegas. We will be back.

• Liked — clean,quiet location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gottogonow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2008

We just loved staying at the Avi. The room was clean and very nice. The grounds and pools are beautiful.
The people were so friendly and helpful. We
would definately recommend it to others.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Kennewick, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2008

A smelly room with a bed shaped like bowl, a staff that could not care less about your concerns, drunken guests, cigarette smoke everywhere. Oh then there was the car wash in the parking lot that never had change for whatever bills you paid them with. The Moonshadow restaurant whos staff makes it clear you should feel lucky to be here. Well ... That sums up our visit to the AVI! I tried addressing these concerns to management and could not get a return phone call. They will not get a second chance. In my opinion, the AVI is a dismal place best past by. With all of Laughlin only a few miles up the road and Vegas within 2 hours, it should be left as it is ... Alone in trhe desert.

• Liked — I really dont remember.
  • Disliked — The accomodations!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 2wheeltourist

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

I have never visited Laughlin, Nevada before. But a group of friends from work made arrangements for all of us to have a girl’s weekend at The Avi Hotel and Casino. It wasn’t that I had a horrible experience… but it was definitely a “been-there… done-that…don’t-have-it-do-it-
again” weekend.

For the price you pay for your room, you do get a bit of bang for your buck. My room was on the large size and a very decent price. We all found our rooms clean (with the acceptation of a few left-over Cheerios under my bed from the previous guest). My room was in the tower at the front of the building, complete with a view of the parking garage and aside from an occasional car alarm going off we were not bothered by ANY other noises from the other patrons. That was great compared with those of us housed in the Beach Tower. The view from the Beach Tower room was great… but there was a lot more active (family oriented) in that tower.

The Avi is smokin’… I mean smoky! I know, I know it IS a casino, in Nevada…but the smoke permeates every inch of this place! I came home and had to wash all my clothes right away… even clean clothes! But there was humor to be found in this situation! At breakfast our waitress asked us if we wanted to sit in the smoking or non-smoking section of the restaurant and we replied non-smoking; we were seated at our table and made our drink order… a few seconds later we noticed that billowing over the partition was our neighbor’s cigarette smoke! The smoking area is in the same room as the non-smoking area!

The pool area is very nice. There are actually several pools… the kiddie wading pool has two spray canons for that look like a lot of fun. The main pool has a nice waterfall flowing into it. The Jacuzzi spa was nice, very large and very inviting! Unfortunately I guess I now fall into the range of “old fuddy-duddy”… there were a LOT of children at this resort. Previous Avi TripAdvisor comments said there was an adult-only section of the pool area, but I saw no evidence of that. Our poolside relaxation started off quietly enough… but the solitude was soon broken when some fellow guests sent a young girl of 13 or 14 years old to the pool to baby-sit of a group of 12 or so other children (ages approximately 1 through 10)! I don’t know what was worse… the abundance of noise of the children made or feeling like you had to keep half an eye open to make sure some of the younger ones (non swimmers) did not fall off the ledge and drown. The situation was disturbing enough to bring the matter to the attention of the lifeguard, but there was no staff on pool duty. Some other off-season heads-ups are that the pool area towel stand and the Tiki Bar are closed right after Labor Day.

Please heed the advice of the gentleman a few comments in front of me… I wish I had! Simply put - the cuisine at the Avi leaves a lot to be desired – they even managed to mess up my ham and egg breakfast… but what did I expect for $2.99??? Take my word on this one… hop in the car for a little drive and eat in Laughlin.

I know it sounds like I was not happy with the Avi… it’s just that I prefer Las Vegas. The vast majority of the clientele seemed very happy at the Avi and many of them seem to be repeat customers.

Things that are good about The Avi Hotel and Casino:
* Room rates are extremely affordable!
* The pool is very nice
* The beach is very nice and other guests tell me that it is the best beach in Laughlin
* The gambling is quite affordable
* The movie theater has a great selection of movies for a great price
* A food court w/ Ice cream, pizza, Subway and Chinese food
* We found the staff is very nice, professional and hard working.

For those who this may pertain to:
* There is a KOA park
* The resort has its own boat launch
* There is an attached golf course
* A game arcade room
* There is an on-site childcare center I wish more people would avail themselves of

• Liked — Cost of room
  • Disliked — Overrun with children
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
6 Thank NJoisygirl
Corona, ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

This is the letter I sent to Management it expalains the situation in short Mikey Davis and Damon Bell contributed greatly to the horrible treatment my and my family dealt with, completely unprofessional and rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 6, 2008
To whom this may concern,
I recently stayed at the Avi and had planned on coming back many of times. However, on Saturday night I felt I and my family were treated extremely rudely. One of your security officers, Mikey Davis, was rude, disrespectful and antagonistic to give a few adjectives that described his demeanor. I was appalled. Earlier in the night he had asked my friends and family to leave a lounge that was near the Feathers Cafe-which would have been fine-the language may have been a bit alarming to some. However, he had been extremely rude during the confrontation. Furthermore, my brother who is a minor had asked me to get him a bottle of water-I went to the bar to get him one and they had refused to acknowledge I was even standing there so another friend approached the bar and ordered the water. The woman behind the counter made it clear that she was not to give the water to my brother or she may loose her job. I did not understand that at all it was not like we were ordering a cocktail.
Furthermore, later that evening my brother and nephew were brought back to my room. It was unclear as to what they had done that was causing them to bring them to me. Again, Mikey Davis was extremely combative with my brother after I had placed him in my room. I had the door open because I was smoking and using a cup as an ashtray-I had my 5 yr old in the room and do not smoke in places were she is in close proximity. 15 min later or so they were escorting someone else to there room. The gentleman appeared to be heavily intoxicated and continued to try and make contact with me, my brother and nephew, repeatedly I asked him to go to his room so he would not be in more trouble. On their (the security guards) return Mikey Davis again verbally was antagonizing my brother. My brother of course, I am sure said some rude comments because he was tired of Mikey and the confrontation. I think it was along the lines of, "go do your job rentacop." Which is also unacceptable and I addressed that with him later.
However, Mikey Davis is an employee of yours and I believe that he should have been professional-he did not demonstrate that at all. Next, I could feel the situation getting out of hand so I had asked for their supervisor (there was 3 security guards, Mikey Davis, Peter and a woman which had a tattoo on her neck). I was met with Damon Bell. Peter had gone to go and retrieve him to give him, "the 411." When he finally arrived at least 15 min or so after being asked to come- He, too was very abrasive, He went to Mikey and asked what was going on Mikey said nothing of our situation and mainly was telling about the situation he had had with the second child-nothing in reference to our situation. Damon Bell was not helpful in diluting the situation at all. Furthermore, he informed me that I was not allowed to stand outside of my door or keep my door open because of a fire hazard. I had my door cracked to keep an ear out for my daughter and never have I been treated so demeaning by someone who I had requested to help in a situation. He continued to inform me that I was to stay in my room for the rest of the night or I and whoever I was with would be thrown out of the casino. I felt this was horrible. Here I was requesting his help and he treated my as if I was a piece of crap. I have never received treatment like this anywhere else that I have ever stayed. We have stayed at multiple hotels in Laughlin; however, prior to this experience it was my hotel of choice. Most of the employees have always treated us well.
Again, because of this incident I am seriously considering if I would ever stay there again. Much less, recommend this establishment to anyone else. Many of our friends and family have or were going to stay at the Avi. However, I feel I should really advise against this. Please if someone could write me back and give some clarity to this situation I would really appreciate it. I feel like Me and my Family were treated just horrific.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Lachele83
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2008

I have stayed at the Avi Resort and Casino many, many times. I love this place for the weather, the amazing pool, and the low, low, prices!! I typically drive in from Las Vegas (a 2 hour drive), after flying in from Vancouver. It is so much more relaxing than Vegas or even nearby Laughlin. It has a movie theater, a golf course, many restaurants, a child activity center, a fantastic pool, an RV park, a sandy beach on the Colorado River, casino...you don't have to leave if you don't want to....

I typically stay Sun-Thursday and always request the Beach Tower with Pool View...rooms are only 1 bed, but are basic and clean, with a view of the Pool vs. the Desert..

Rates are about $25-50 mid week when I go.

Sign up for their player card, they email you great promos rates and free gas!!

I will return here over and over.

And yes, typical guests are blue collar, but it keeps the price down...

Oh, the buffet is bad...don't go at ANY price!!!

Everything else is great!

• Liked — Pool, value for $$
  • Disliked — Food.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linescrew
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

The Avi Hotel and Casino is a nice value for the dollar. You get what you pay for. The rooms are well appointed but have minimum amenities. You get shampoo, lotion, a couple of smaller than usual (even for hotels) soap. There is also a coffee maker. The beds are comfortable but the bedding (sheets comforters) could be better. The closet is open and a refrigerator is not standard. We had a king room in the beach tower and the room could have easily fit a cot or even two.

The location of the hotel/casnio is away from other casinos in Laughlin but has excellent access to the river. There is a KOA campground attached and a boat launch on property.

I was disappointed with the pool area. While there is an Adult Area, it is in the middle of two kid areas and consistently has children running back and forth. I asked the pool attendant who was responsible for policing the area and he stated that "security was not working today" Why security would not be working on a Saturday afternoon mid August makes absolutely no sense to me. We didn't stay long since we had left our kids at home.

There is a "beach club" that offers beach chair and umbrella rentals, but the price is outrageous for what you get. The chair was $10 per day and $15 per day for the umbrella and you have to cart them down yourself. For a "lake beach" I didn't find value in that service. Especially since last month I paid 1/2 that in Rehoboth and had the beach attendant set up the equipment, (for a tip of course). The other thing that I found outrageously priced was the jet ski rentals. The price was $89 per hour with a two hour minimum and a fuel service charge. They said the going rate was $115 per hour make the two hours $230. Again, I don't find value in that when I have found less in other locations.

The staff at the hotel, casino, and restaurants was extremely polite and appreciative of our patronage. We ate in the three restaurants during our visit and found them all very good.

The casino was fun but not for high rollers. I actually enjoyed the $2 blackjack tables and $4 roulette. It isn't often I find play available so cheep. Also the casino has many penny machines. The poker room is very small with only four tables.

Because of it's price point there was some "colorful clientele". We saw a couple of people feel free to openly and loudly discuss private matters and have heated confrontations. But I figure you add liquor, gambling and mix in an already rocky relationship it is expected to see some arguments. But this was more intense and less dignified than what I have seen in Las Vegas or cruise ship casinos.

We spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night at the property and paid at total of $330 for our stay. Considering that we could have payed that for one night on the Las Vegas strip we found value in this property. We were happy with our stay.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MissEileen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,989 reviews

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!