“Nice alternative”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
New Jersey
“Nice alternative”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is worth it to drive a little further away from "casino row" to stay here. This was our second stay at the Avi and we will definitely stay here again when we visit the area. Plenty of free parking, valet service is also available. The rooms are spacious and clean, pool area very nice. We went to the pool area one evening after dinner but didn't stop to pick up a towel as I had no intention to swim. I decided to take off my shoes and test the water temperature. By the time I walked back to a chair where I had left my shoes the attendant had brought me a towel! Very attentive. The beach area is nice and clearly this is a fun place! The only negative I found was that the people next door to us were rather loud and there wasn't a way to have the fan run all night as a "white" noise. Also, the tour buses dropped off and loaded up passengers right outside our room and that was quite noisy. A nice stay otherwise.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Janneykins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This resort and casino offers a lot of variety for all age groups. The pool is especially good and separated for children and adults. Lots of shade provided. Three buffets per day, another restaurant, some fast food outlets,and close-ish to other resorts for variety of venues. All the staff are very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jackie_Czerniak
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I love the Avi, great rooms and staff! However, feathers cafe has horrible service with staff including the manager who doesn't provide even remotely decent good service. They stand around the corner and talking to each other. Also, my food was cold and when i finally got someone to come to my table and warm up my food, it was brought back cold again. Server never checked on us, we had to go ask someone how we pay. overall TERRIBLE CAFE!!!! I got way better hospitality at the panda express and subway in the food court. Feather's Cafe should be under new management!

Room Tip: even the basic/standard room was awesome!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Claire H
Concord, va
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Wouldn't think of visiting Laughlin and not stay here at least one night, which is just what we did. We just love this place. Rooms are spacious & immaculate. Restaurant was always great. This time we only had the buy one/get one free buffet for dinner. Must say it was a bit disappointing. Not much to choose from for main courses, but plenty on salad bar. But the best part of this visit, was in the casino. My first machine (pennies) I played I won $396.00 & the second over $300.00, so I was thrilled, after having lost repeatedly in Vegas. We did visit the pool & it was as wonderful as always, so well kept, so relaxing, wish we could have stayed a second night.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND AVI

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charlieboy033
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We booked three (3) months early for our visit. Booking person at Avi suggested and we paid more for a scenic view overlooking the pool in the beach tower. What we got was a view of a cement wall and the only action was watching a large rat try to free his partner from a trap. The room was not serviced during our stay and we had requested extra attention as we travel with a disabled adult who needs an afternoon rest and we stay out of the room all morning (approx 4 hours minimum) to allow staff time to do there work.

Room Tip: I have nothing positive to add
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank honydo

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

oxnard
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Went down to get breakfast came back up well before check out time. Got to my room my door was left wide open all my stuff was thrown into trash bags and some of my expensive snacks were gone. it was so rude would not recommend staying if you value privacy and people not stealing or throwing your stuff away

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank 1lydia
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed April 17, 2014

So ya check in a day early pay full bore for the room and they bill you an extra $65. Then you have a reservation for 6 nights and they hit ya for another $100 damage fee or whatever it is. Then they keep your money for weeks before refunding it to your credit card. So here I sit with $165 of my money tied up by Avi Restort and it has been since March 31st when I checked out. That was 17 days ago.
The rooms are average at best. Worn carpeting and reeks of cigarette smoke everywhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank ColoradoBrian5468
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,330 reviews

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!