“Nice looking pool but it is a "no-fun" zone!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avi Resort & Casino

Avi Resort & Casino
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Lakewood, California, United States
“Nice looking pool but it is a "no-fun" zone!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at the Avi for the first time. We usually stop in on our way home from Laughlin for breakfast. Liked the looks of the pool and the fact that they have a beach on the river so we thought we'd give it a try. At check-in we sadly realized we did not get a room in the "pool tower" as we requested. We wanted to be there so we could be close to pool and my 86 year old mom could be close to bingo. We had to tromp through the casino to go to the pool and my mom had to hoof it a long way with her walker to get to the bingo. The room was ok, seemed to be clean, but we had a nice view of nothing and the old fashioned air conditioner was noisy. The pool was nice except for a couple of rude staff members and rules about no float rafts that is not posted anywhere near the pool, in the hotel or on their website. There is a sign near check in that actually says "Our guests float for free!" Hmmmmm There are security constantly roaming the pool keeping the kids out of the adult side and telling people they cannot have their drinks in the pool. Some people were told they couldn't bring in their own drinks or food and others were openly drinking and eating stuff that they did bring in. We eventually ignored the rude girl at pool check in and quietly floated on our rafts for at least 6 hours. When the new shift arrived, they told us they were not allowed and we were told to remove them from the pool. Really? The casino is fairly small and they have a food court and a nice movie theater showing current movies. The buffet is a buffet. Liked the beach area and being able to put our feet in the river, but the mosquito's were abundant and there were red ants in the sand, so our time spent there was short. People coming in from their boats were complaining of the mosquito infestation on the river. Their promotions are not very exciting and they don't give new card members anything special. I have a feeling their comps are very slim also. We go to Laughlin a few times each year and we never pay for rooms, always getting free rooms at Tropicana and Riverside. I asked the front desk about Thanksgiving time asking if they do anything special for the guests and they said no, they are not very busy that time of year. A fellow guest who stays there quite a bit said they have a really fun party for Superbowl. I might stay there again, just because the pool is nice and I like having the movies there and the golf course looks nice. It was too hot to play this trip.

Room Tip: Ask for pool tower, river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gail G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my first time to this hotel in Laughlin and I learned a valuable lesson, to make sure your reservations are confirmed for EACH night you are staying. I had made my reservation over the phone for 2 nights and had my confirmation number. To my pleasant surprise when we checked in we were given an upgraded room because we arrived to the hotel late and the "normal" rooms were already booked and this was the only one available. The room was great, 4th floor, beach tower with views of the river below. The next morning I went to the front desk to ask a couple questions and was told that I would need to check-out of my current room and move to a new one, but I was also told, the new room would be ready in about an hour. No problem I though, I'll just go eat breakfast. I came back after breakfast and the room was still not ready and I was then told it would be a couple hours. So I had to go pack all our stuff and put it into the hot car. It was not until 4:30p that my room was ready and it was not even the correct room I reserved. The front desk apologized but could not do anything as the hotel was completely booked. So for the first night it was wonderful, but the second night failed.

Room Tip: Beach Tower in the middle of the hotel has the best views of the river
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Simi Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay at the Avi resort this past lon weekend for one night and decided to go gamble , will i played for over an hour in the tables and I never got the drink that I order , the cocktail waitress would come around almost every 2 hours , the next day i woke up with bug bites all over my body and found bed bugs in the mattress..... I would never recommned or stay at the Avi resort again!!!!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank moreno46

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our first time at the KOA RV Park at the Avi Resort & Casino in Laughlin. We made two stops here on the way to the Grand Canyon and on the way home from the GC. The RV park was clean, spacious, and the best part was the staff. Linda, at the front desk, was wonderfully inviting and personable! The security guards were also very friendly and actually did their jobs by patrolling the grounds. Since it was 110 outside, we took advantage of the amenities the Avi has to offer: movie theaters, pool, beach, and food! It was very relaxing and great for the kids. They really enjoyed the private beach! The only con I can think of was the Wi-Fi connection. It was intermittent throughout the RV park and casino, but it didn't bother us since it wasn't necessary for us to be connected. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All of the RV spaces have full hook-ups.
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We recently stayed at AVI resort in Laughlin for 3 days, HUGE disappointment !!! I booked this hotel due to some friends recommendations thinking this was a Family oriented hotel, well, NOT !!! We have 3 small children and thought this was a great place for a getaway. They obviously are a Seniors or gamblers oriented resort, for sure. The service was awful, I think because we are not gamblers, from check in to the pool the staff is all the time asking if you have a room, they don't respect their own promotions, like food vouchers, gas vouchers, etc. But the worse thing was the attitude of the staff, they are at the defensive all the time, like if we the guest are the enemy and not their GUESTS. When I asked a Manager about all this, he told me that they had a problem with the locals trying to get in the installations for free, well that's not my problem, they should have better security controls before entering the resort, but when you are inside, wearing a wrist band and with a room key, that should not be a problem. Really sad, and even thought my kids loved the place, the room was big and clean and the pool was very nice, I'm never returning. So sad.

Room Tip: Beach tower
4 Thank SaraSandoval
Mortagne-sur-Sevre, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a great time here where there is plenty to do - relax by the pool, go down to the Colorado river, have fun at the casino... We were also very satisfied with the huge room which was amazing value for the pittance we paid.
The buffet was varied, good and again, extremely good value for money.
Any regrets?Only one - we wished we had booked more nights!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fanforlife32
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided to go to stop by the Avi Resort and have breakfast at the Feathers Cafe. The meal was very good and very reasonably priced. The service as very good and I would recommended this restaurant if you are staying at the Avi or in the area.

4 Thank mntcat9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,612 reviews

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!