“Giving 1 star is TOO MUCH!!!”

Avi Resort & Casino
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Burbank, California
“Giving 1 star is TOO MUCH!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

It is hard for me to even breakdown all that happened when we arrived at this resort, but it was by far not what I had expected. I had read all the reviews and did NOT have high expectations going in..I knew it was not a 5 star resort. However, when we arrived, we were greeted with a big sign on the door NO GANGS, NO GANG ATTIRE, NO WEAPONS!!! - hmm, not what you want to see. We checked in and headed to our room...got off the elevator to see carpet buckling up and dirty as could be, we got to our room and the smell was overwhelming - DIRT!!! We called down to the front desk, to be told, too bad - we can't move you. The ice machine on our floor also did not work and the top was missing - it was beyond disgusting. You would not even walk barefoot in the room, it was that bad - thankfully we brought our own sheets, as there was no way in hell I would have slept in that bed. We went down to the pool - hoping to improve the experience, NOT...the pool is split, ADULTS one side, KIDS other side...hmmm, this was a family vacation, NO WHERE does it state that the pool is divided. So you have all these kids crammed into one side and the other side is empty - not to mention how cloudy the pool water was. I honestly cannot say anything positive about this resort - we checked out the next day and headed to a GREAT resort and continued our vacation...BUT, then I got home and found that the AVI had charged my card for SEVERAL things - they billed me for 5 nights stay, even though we were not there, and our trip was paid in full before we arrived as it was booked through Travelocity - there were also other bogus charges on there. Needless to say, I called and after over 2 weeks I FINALLY just got all my money back, no one apologized when I contacted them to find out what happened. They were extremely RUDE and completely unprofessional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Tammi M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Henderson, NV
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here the weekend of the Bullhead City River Regatta, but not our first stay or visit. The things they do well... My family and I love the casino. Sure the poker room usually closes around midnight on weekends, but they have good promotions and the machines pay well. They also have a good variety of table games. Their players club also has nice comps for play. The restaurants have good, sometimes great, food. The Moonshadow Grill is very nice, with an excellent Sunday Brunch. Buffet and cafe are good. The rooms are clean and usually well kept. The air conditioning can be a little loud, but works well, especially when it's 110 degrees outside.

Now for the not so good... The food service in the cafe is terrible, no way around it. Been in there multiple times and the are ALWAYS slow and preoccupied, bordering on rude. This is not the case in the Moonshadow, but you pay more as well. Also, casino service is nice as well, usually.
In the rooms, the beds my last two stays have been like sleeping on the floor. They seem that hard. It's really difficult to sleep on them. It could just be me. That's my opinion.

Overall, I like the Avi. Nice beach and the other stuff Ive mentioned. Just don't be surprised if you are sore when you wake up.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Traveling_Macks
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Excellent seafood buffet. All you can eat crab and shrimp etc. Very good buffet staff was nice and a reasonable price. Kid friendly, breakfast buffet on Sunday was great too omlets, bacon fruit eggs, etc

Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Jamie A
Ontario
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here at the very end of 2011 and it was one of the few places that had vacancies close to New Year's Eve.

For the price, I was quite happy with the room I had. I got a much better deal here than anything in central Laughlin, which was anywhere from $50-75 a night more expensive.

My room was spacious and quite clean. I know some of the other reviewers have said the place is dirty, but my room was in great shape.

The hotel is a little south of Laughlin and the worst part about it is the drive in. It's a long winding drive with no streetlights. The road is also in mediocre shape, but what can you do.

The hotel casino is mediocre at best. It's very smoky, but then again, what Nevada casino isn't? Tables are not expensive though -- $5 blackjack anyone? The casino does offer a great "gaming passport" for anyone that signs up for their free casino card. It's loaded with multiple slot freeplay and table match play offers. Most casinos may give you one slot play coupon, but these guys give you a couple. I like that a lot.

If you do book a room there, be careful to avoid staying near the aircraft hanger-like structure to the right of the front entrance. One of their service vehicles routinely drives by the hanger to drop off garbage, supplies, etc. and it's quite loud as it drives by your room banging around hitting every concrete slab on the 'service road,' which was right outside my hotel window in an alley. Woke me up early in the morning and some of the other guests in the other rooms as well.

Your food options at the casino are limited, and the prices are what can be expected as you're a captive there (unless you feel like driving 10 minutes into Laughlin).

If you have more time on your hands, I highly recommend staying here and driving down to Lake Havasu City, AZ to do some sightseeing. It's about an hour away and quite a pretty drive. Make sure you see "London Bridge" in Lake Havasu. Look it up for more info.

Room Tip: Stay away from the aircraft hanger like stucture to the right of the front entrance. Service vehicle...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating. The hotel itself left much to be desired. Dingy and dark halls throughout. Once we got to the room we did the normal bed strip down, and there we found dirty, stained sheets. Literally there was the outline of a bandaid on one and bugs in the other. We were beyond disgusted, and hightailed it out of there.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Maryl2983

Travelers are raving about these Laughlin hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was our worst stay ever.My family and my siblings rented 4 rooms and they were all infested with cockroaches, crickets, spiders. There was no extra towels nor extra sheets available. We had normally rented a suite over the phone, which was not on record when we arrived. They do not allow any late check outs. you must be out of the room on time or you will be charged an extra day. The buffet was disgusting, however my daughter liked it.The beach area was nice. The pool security is strict. The beds were comforting. The nearest coffee shop is outside in the parking lot. I would recommend to drive in about 20 minutes more to all the casinos. I have not been there but i hear Edge Water casino is good??? GOOD LUCK

Room Tip: I hear good reviews about hotels 20 minutes in more to laughlin,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank aldo m
overland park ks
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Horrible experience. Upon checking in with a 20 month old. We had requested a crib. They brought up a pack in play wich was fine but no sheets for it. When I asked for a sheet they said they could not give us one do to it being a choking hazard. Seriously you expect my son to sleep on a pack play matress with no sheet. They said I should of brought my own. I said well you should of told me that. I decided to take one off of the bed and when I pulled the bed fell to the floor because the frame was broken. The then said they would change our room wich took another hour. Everyone in the hotel from the front desk to management was rude and impatient.
Getting into the pool is like getting into fort knox. They don't even give you towels without you swiping your card. If you forget to return them at the pool they charge you 15 dollars. The beach has a supposed swim only area for kid but they let drunk people on wave runners pull right up into that area on the beach without saying anything. The food was terrible as well. The one thing I can say is it is cheap. If you have small children this is not the place for you. Actually this is jus not the place to stay period. Stay at the harras or the mar riot

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank niceguyb1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
Aquarius Casino Resort
#5 of 14 in Bullhead City
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!